Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Limbrel ????

While at my pain support group a few weeks ago, the guest speaker, an MD, mentioned Limbrel as being used for pain. I did a quick check on it, it is FDA approved. It is Rx only.

But I've not seen it mentioned here. Does anybody use it? Results? Good, none, some?

I plan on asking my own PM about this in two weeks, I'm interested in some feedback from here, if there is any.

advertisement
Old 03-14-2010, 06:06 PM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
While at my pain support group a few weeks ago, the guest speaker, an MD, mentioned Limbrel as being used for pain. I did a quick check on it, it is FDA approved. It is Rx only.

But I've not seen it mentioned here. Does anybody use it? Results? Good, none, some?

I plan on asking my own PM about this in two weeks, I'm interested in some feedback from here, if there is any.
It is not "FDA approved".... medical foods don't get approval like drugs. It is basically an antioxidant and it works like other antioxidants. Only with a huge price tag.
http://www.chknutrition.com/Medical-Foods-what-are.htm
It suppresses Cox-2 like fish oil, and other antioxidants. That doctor received compensation to talk to you all.
http://www.limbrel.com/
http://www.limbrel.com/professional/pro_medical.php

Basically within the industry it is considered a "dog"... even by the sales reps who push it.

Just type into Google: "does Limbrel work" and read what others have to say.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-14-2010 at 06:21 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (03-14-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the feed back.

The doc was NOT compensated to speak to us, nor does he rep for a drug co., that I know of. I had asked him what came after Botox for me. He mentioned that, and something called phenal, sp? He practices at a highly respected spine and scoliosis center here.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:44 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Drug companies pay doctors to call their fellow friends even and tell them what drugs they are using. It is a very subtle and
secretive thing. They are given expensive reference books too as "gifts" for this type of thing. Some of this is becoming less common in certain geographical areas, due to hospitals not letting reps in any more. I've seen some new comments that some New England areas are rep --unfriendly.

Limbrel sounded so good when it came out...but it has totally fizzled. You can do the same thing with much less money yourself by choosing certain supplements that suppress Cox-2 ..starting with fish oil.

If you would like to peek into the rep world, here is the address:
www.cafepharma.com
Click on "boards" and read. Be aware that language and content are at times offensive there, but that is revealing about the type of people who do that job..selling drugs to doctors!

I would seriously investigate any treatments involving injecting phenol into the nerves. This is called chemical ablation and can backfire into more pain down the road.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote