Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New treatment database has info to help you best manage your PD symptoms

To keep abreast of current information about therapies in the development pipeline and clinical trials for Parkinson’s disease, check out the new PD Pipeline Database at db.pdpipeline.org

Here, you will find poweful, innovative features you won't find anywhere else:

• A unique “score card” that shows at a glance the status of each treatment as it moves through the development pipeline, and allows users to “drill down” for more information on any aspect of any treatment or sponsor.

• A filter that scans treatments in the database to find those that address your specific selected symptoms.

Sheryl
SherylJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Ribbon The database is amazing

i encourage everyone to take a look!!!

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:29 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow Look, I made you a link!

You can't afford not to look at this!

No kidding, jump in there and take advantage of a PATIENT-LED, PATIENT-BUILT, PATIENT-MAINTAINED powerhouse of information. This is what is waking up the medical community to how serious we are.

And you'll end up lots better off with your PD if you know more. Don't be put off by the high-falutin' prose. Ask your questions right here, or just start playing with the pretty boxes.

http://db.pdpipeline.org/

I salute the workers on this marvelous machine.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well done indeed!!!

I was particularly interested in the MitoQ study by Antipodean Pharmaceuticals.

MitoQ

I cannot fathom how much work went into and continues to go into this database. Gathering it alone had to be a monumental task, and assembling it must have been a mind boggling challenge. I applaud everyone involved.

michael b.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 AM #5
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Parkinson Pipeline Project

Our website is much, much more than just the database...although it is the most awesome part of the website.

Check out the whole website at:
www.pdpipeline.org
where you can link to the database from the homepage.

See you there! The webmaster says thanks for visiting.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller

Last edited by Stitcher; 01-28-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:10 AM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Micheal...and anyone else who is interested,

If you would like to be a part of the PPP and help to gather data on therapies, please don't hesitate to "raise your hand" by click on Contact Us from various places in the website.

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up please take a look

This database is SOOOOOOOOOOO important & informative -- I'm 'bumping' this thread to the top.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:51 AM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
And the contents of the website are equally important.

www.pdpipeline.org

Explanation about Clincial Trials
how recruitment works
what are the risks and benefits to PWPs
informed consent and participant safety
FDA information relative to CTs

Ethical Issues

Advocacy and Education

Glossary of Terms used in CTs

and a lot more!!

Old 01-31-2007, 03:50 PM #9
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Website News Release...PDF

Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF)

http://www.pdf.org/news/news.cfm?typ...lectedItem=320

Parkinson's Community News

Launch of PD Pipeline Therapies Database: A Gift to the Parkinson’s Community

(01/31/07) The grassroots Parkinson Pipeline Project has launched a powerful, interactive database to provide easy, public online access to current information about therapies in the pipeline and clinical trials for Parkinson’s disease. Volunteer “trackers” regularly update the PD Pipeline Database (pdpipeline.org), consolidating information from and providing direct links to diverse sources, including pdtrials.org, which features up-to-date information on relevant clinical trials currently enrolling participants in the US.

“Having this comprehensive information at their fingertips empowers patients to be informed consumers, consulting with their doctors about the promise of new and improved therapies and ways to maximize their quality of life,” says Perry Cohen, Director of the Pipeline Project. “For those able to be more involved in advocacy for their own future care, the Pipeline Project offers many opportunities to reinforce their best hopes and maintain their functioning by taking on active roles to enhance the movement of new therapies in the pipeline.”

The PD Pipeline Database boasts several innovative features including:
  • A “score card” that shows at a glance the status of each treatment as it moves through the development pipeline, and allows users to “drill down” for more information on any aspect of any treatment or sponsor.
  • A filter that scans treatments in the database to find those that address specific selected symptoms.
  • A cumulative history of the progress of individual PD treatments through the drug development pipeline.
The database can be accessed through the Pipeline Project's newly improved website (www.pdpipeline.org) featuring expanded, more efficiently organized content, making it easier for visitors to navigate the site and find the information they are seeking.

The Parkinson Pipeline Project is a nationwide network of patient advocates who provide the unique patient perspective to actively promote policies that accelerate the evaluation, approval of safe, effective, and timely new treatments for PD and by education of trial sponsors, clinical researchers, government regulatory agencies and other patients about the process of new therapy development. The software to automate the database was custom developed by Konoso LLC, which worked closely with Pipeline Project volunteers who designed the elements and structure and gather data to continuously update the information. The Pipeline Project acknowledges the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) for its financial support for the database through the PDF People with Parkinson’s Clinical Research Advocacy Initiative.

Questions about the PD Pipeline Database can be sent to Linda Herman at ljherman1@juno.com