Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 AM #1
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Burned biscuits. don't they look good?

When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"

Life is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults - and choosing to celebrate each others differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!

We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep it in your own."

God Bless You..... Now, and Always....

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil -- it has no point.
Darlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (04-25-2010), Chemar (04-19-2010), DiMarie (07-22-2010), Friend2U (04-23-2010), redtail (04-19-2010), Rrae (04-19-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (04-19-2010)

advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 AM #2
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Thank you Darlene

.....That was beautiful....

I needed to release the tears this message sparked....

Indeed a 'Word in Due Season'........ you have no idea
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (04-19-2010), Darlene (04-20-2010), Friend2U (04-23-2010)
Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for this Darlene, its gorgeous, reminds me of a few "burned biscuit" moments in my life, and thats just what I need today.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (05-18-2010), Darlene (04-20-2010), Friend2U (04-23-2010)