15 yr Member
Default pd and psoriasis?

has anyone heard of corelation?
oyster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-28-2007, 03:49 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't (PD and psoriasis) and would be curious if anyone has it & what they've discovered in terms of treatment. Thanks.
mari-mari
Mari-Mari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:46 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i've had psoriasis

all my adult life. it is another of these diseases that the ama has no no none cause. i beleive its cause is related to faulty or leaky membranes in the gut that cant processeither toxins or certain nutrients(or both). pd also involves faulty membranes,like the blood brain barrier. how many others have both conditions? i forgot to add that i was dx pd six months ago.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:04 PM #4
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Hi oyster,

I happened to be visiting and posting on another thread here and saw this...and thought I would mention that psoriasis has been associated with gluten sensitivity and/or celiac disease~ some improving on a gluten free diet. Celiac disease can often be 'silent' except for some of these seemingly unrelated problems, although if you have any GI symptoms..all the more reason to be tested. Gluten sensitivity can cause wide ranging neurologic problems as well.

You might want to talk to your doctor about running a celiac panel, being sure they include the antigliadin antibodies.

Food for thought~

Cara
Quote:

Psoriasis patients at higher risk for celiac disease by Dermatology Times

Coeliac disease-associated antibodies correlate with psoriasis activity. PMID: 15491433 Oct 2004

High prevalence of celiac disease in psoriasis. PMID: 14638373 Nov 2003

In the entire group of patients, as well as in those on a gluten-free diet as the only treatment, Ki67 + cells in involved dermis were highly significantly decreased after the diet.
Gluten-free diet in psoriasis patients with antibodies to gliadin results in decreased expression of tissue transglutaminase and fewer Ki67+ cells in the dermis. PMID: 14690336 2003

The present case supports the association between CD and psoriasis and the concept that psoriasis in CD patients can be improved by GFD
Rapid Regression of Psoriasis in a Coeliac Patient after Gluten-Free Diet. A Case Report and Review of the Literature. PMID: 12949434 2003

Patients with PsoA have an increased prevalence of raised serum IgA AGA and of coeliac disease. Patients with raised IgA AGA seem to have more pronounced inflammation than those with a low IgA AGA concentration.
Psoriasis patients with antibodies to gliadin can be improved by a gluten-free diet. Full text PMID: 10651693 Jan 2002

Thirty of the 33 patients with AGA completed the GFD period, after which they showed a highly significant decrease in mean PASI. This included a significant decrease in the 16 AGA-positive patients with normal routine histology in duodenal biopsy specimens
Psoriasis patients with antibodies to gliadin can be improved by a gluten-free diet. PMID: 10651693 Jan 2000

It was recently observed that in six patients with psoriasis and one with palmoplantar pustulosis, with newly discovered gluten intolerance, a gluten-free diet had a remarkable effect on the skin lesions.
Patients with psoriasis often have increased serum levels of IgA antibodies to gliadin. PMID: 8286249 Dec 1993

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:31 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks glutenfree

i realy must get tested for this intolerance. great info links!