advertisement

Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default To llonghair re. B12

This message is to llonhair. I read on another forum that yours and your daughters burping disappeared with B12.

I was wondering what form of B12 you did (shots etc, hydroxy or methyl or cyano), how long you did them and at what doses ?

I have excessive burping and have thought it may be B12 deficiency as well.

Thanks,
Scat
Scat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-09-2007, 04:53 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Not longhair but I have b12 deficiency. The best form to take is methyl, your body converts it better. You have to get shots from a prescription. But, oral is cheap. I take FoodScience Labs Methyl B12 sublingual 1000 mcg daily.

Now, I hadn't heard about the burping issue. My daughter has started burping a lot lately. It was not a symptom I had. I will have to look into it.

mom to Beth
and Samantha
, both gluten and dairy intolerant
MotherMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:38 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Excessive Gas and burping

Hi Scat,
Yes it is true my daughter had uncontrollable loud burping and gas since a toddler. I took her to a GI who only did a reflux test and said yep...no reflux must be IBS and sent us packing.

I on the other hand had a problem with gas which a family doctor said if you have tried all the over the counter pills, I can't offer you anything else.

So a year later I progressed to neurological problems and a dx of mild axonal neuropathy. This lead me to Braintalk and onto the peripheral neuropathy site which led me to discover my vitamin B deficiency.

I thought this was a cure all so had my whole family on it. Amazingly my gas went away and my daughters obnoxious burping and gas also went away. I have not heard of anyone else with this relief. But I sincerely doubt that anyone with this problem ever took B12 before. But even though I was taking B12 and a B50 complex, my health was still deteriorating and ended up with neurological Celiac Disease.

We took Methylcobalamin 1000-5000mcg a day sublingual under the tongue pill.

I did have a B12 deficiency and possibly folic acid too but was never tested for the folic acid until after vitamins. My daughter was never tested until after taking B12. Once you start B12 the test is useless.

Let me know if anyone else has success as it was a fluke for us. Also my EGD biopsy showed minimum damage in the small intestine even though I had a positive tTG and EMA. That is what is interesting. I had been taking the B12 for over 1 year. Did the B12 help repair the upper small intestine? Or is my tTG and EMA coming from the brain?

I just had another EGD because my tTG's and EMA's are still positive even though I am on a strict diet and eat mostly fresh whole foods. I don't know the results yet but we didn't see villious atrophy like you are supposed to with a positive EMA. We just saw a little area with scallops. I think my doctor was surprised but I reminded her that we didn't see this the first time either.
Llonghair is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Llonghair,
Thank you for your response.

I was wondering if the burping went away immediately after starting the B12 or if it took a while ? I ask because I did take methylb12 shots for a few weeks and I don't think my burping went away. I have ordered sublingual methylb12 and will restart soon.

Susan
Scat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote