Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy need help quickly

I am not handling this break up very well. I haven't eaten in 5 days!!!!! The stress before this was past the maximum point but now not only have I lost someone I loved so deeply and really felt in love...real love...do anything for you love is gone. Not only that but the support I did get I got I got from him so now I really am alone. I think I need some real help really soon but I have no money so as usual I will not be receiving the medical care I need.
andi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hang in there and eat, for your health & for healing.
Focus on you and what you can do to move forward.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:29 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Andi

I can only imagine how you are feeling. I have been through a tough break up like what you are describing but I at least had a healthy, non injured brain during it.

Jo*Mar is right, you need to eat for your health. If it feel like nothing sounds good, get the ensure protein shakes. I had to drink those when I went through my break up b/c I couldn't eat. You will get some nutrition that way.

Hang in there and know that there is support and caring for you here. I will keep you in my prayers.
MarileeG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

just want to let you guys know I am doing ok. Don't know what's going to happen yet but I have a better outlook now than I have in a while thanks to reconnecting with some very good friends.

Advise to anyone else out there.

You can't do it by yourself. You need a really good support system. I have not had that. I am now getting it and it is helping.

Thanks to all of you who read and respond to all my depressing posts. I have high hopes that future posts will be much more positive.
andi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi View Post
just want to let you guys know I am doing ok. Don't know what's going to happen yet but I have a better outlook now than I have in a while thanks to reconnecting with some very good friends.

Advise to anyone else out there.

You can't do it by yourself. You need a really good support system. I have not had that. I am now getting it and it is helping.

Thanks to all of you who read and respond to all my depressing posts. I have high hopes that future posts will be much more positive.
Hi Andi,

I'm glad you are feeling a little better after reconnecting with friends! I also thinking eating is important- without food, blood sugar can dip and rollercoaster all over the place and that is really, really hard on the brain, making recovery slower and backsteps more likely. This can also make things much harder emotionally. So food is so important!

I also suggest seeing if there is an organization near you that provides free (or low cost) therapy or counseling. Some social service organizations, community centers, religious centers or institutes have this service. These places may also be able to help you connect to other concrete, financial resources. Even if it is not brain injury specific, having a professional support person you can talk to and feel supported by can be really helpful.

I hope you have a good night.
-Hazzell
Hazzell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Andi,

i'm so glad to hear you are doing better and have reconnected with your good friends. You're right, having support makes the difference. Keep on keepin on'. And keep eating even on those days when its tough!

sending you a hug,
marilee
MarileeG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote