Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 03:42 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my story, opinions and advice please.

ok, a little about me first I'm 26 years old in alright shape I think.Well I've always worried about issues as they come up like medical issues. I guess sort of a hypokondriak.

So about 11 days ago I was watching the falcons game and got pretty drunk. I proably had 8 shots and 1 beer. Well on the way home I wrecked my truck.

I ran off the road and ramped a driveway which only did minamal damage to the truck. well when I hit the driveway my head hit the door window left side of my head high up on the side before being the top of my head.

well I was pretty drunk by my standard but drove about 2 miles home on 3 wheels. I woke up had a not on my head and a little hungover. well everything was fine untill later that night I went to get up out of bed and became really dizzy.

so once I got dizzy and my balance was a little off I started reading. I read about all kinds of symptoms pcs everything I could find.

For about two days I just felt dumb like I was in a slow state of mind, which scared the he** out of me. So as the dizziness went away so did the balance problem.

just wanted to mention my ears never felt clogged up untill I read that was a symptom. my brain is sharp now like before and I have stressed so much just constantly thinking.

I have not had any headaches at all, no vomiting and I'm not sure if I was unconscious? I do remember hitting my head and that I needed to tell someone the next day.

I have always been sensitive to noises from going to concerts when I was young and standing right by the speakers.

I'm not sensitive to light, and my neck was sore after the crash. I've never had a documented concussion before and never been knocked out.

I feel a 100 percent normal when I'm laying down, but start to worry if I get up I'm gonna have symptoms. so I have been in the bed pretty much for 11 days except for walking the dog and going to wal-mart.

does it sound like I have pcs? I really only have the one symptom of fogginess which just feels like I took flu medicine for a few days.

sorry it's hard to explain but it feels much better to ask ? thank you all so much for your time!

and I guess it hasn't helped that I have been on my iPhone reading about this for the last 10 days either. I'm a out go over 2 gigs just researching this.

side note- I downloaded lumosity brain challenge on mine and my girlfriends phone and I had better results. so can it be that bad?

any chance this gets worse? oh and I did not go to the doctor no insurance,

again sorry for the long post , and thank you for your time!
brent26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-27-2011, 03:57 PM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hi Brent and welcome to NeuroTalk.

If you're having this much concern over your injury I would suggest a visit to the ER. They will see you if you don't have insurance and you can work out some sort of payment plan with the hospital.

I have a sure fire way to prevent this from ever happening again. Don't drink and drive. You're not the only person who could wind up injured (or worse).
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:28 PM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sounds to me like you have a severe case of hypochondria. Plus, you drink too much. Fortunately, alcohol in the system during a head injury has a slight neuro-protective effect. But, not enough to justify drinking and driving. I know too many brain injured people whose injury is the result of an auto accident involving alcohol.

Go to the ER and then report yourself to the police. Then they will be sure to give you an incentive to not drink and drive. I don't know which has a worse penalty, DUI causing an injury or leaving the scene of an injury accident.

And, if you are going to get drunk and do dumb things, you should get some insurance.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
concussion, mtbi, pcs