Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry How are we suppose to figure all this out?

I am so frustrated!! It has been over a year and I have finally gotten a apt for a neuropsych test. I have lost my job, house, blown through my savings, lost the people I thought were my friends, the ability to function and live my life at the level I did before but most of all I feel like I lost myself. And in return I have a bag of meds, Drs who who don't communicate, been denied disability. How am I suppose to figure out how to get help when I cant remember my phone number or if I ate today?
I'm the one with the brain injury but I can tell that this is messed up.
mbrook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-06-2011), Dmom3005 (02-08-2011), Lara (02-04-2011), Theta Z (10-05-2012)

advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 05:31 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default very hard

dear friend

it is so hard this brain injury, the lost of self the lost of job and all that go,s with that the confusion of day to day exsistance and the total lack of understanding to be high functioning pre injury, and loose that function is very hard to explain to anyone even brain injury expert's.

dose this sound like you what, do you mean you cant organize and you get overwhelmed, you can talk walk ect so you must be ok,, right !! don,t you care things are falling around my ears, (YES but I am powerless to stop it and the emotions I think I should feel are not there any more )

Well thats howI feel now days I live in the now but forget the now so just tumble along , and try to keep sane

when I got my test results it was hard to take that my brain was damaged but it explained a lot to me and those around me

the job the house the money the friends lost is hard, believe me I know , our home we managed to keep, but if we had not had kids I think that would have gone also

it was the help of a head injury group that kept us afloat and that is my advice to you

keep posting here you are not alone,, over 3 years on for me and we are still fighting, an ignorant system, but I have learned to laugh again and work round things

my best wishes
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-06-2011), Dmom3005 (02-08-2011), Lara (02-04-2011), Theta Z (10-05-2012)
Old 02-08-2011, 03:43 PM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First it sounds like you need to find one good doctor that understands
the TBI. I don't know if its going to be a Neurologist or a psychiatrist
type doctor. I know that sounds odd. But sometimes its the least
likelest that is the best.

After the Neuropsychologist is done, then do the SSDI again and
some of the other things over.

It might go differently.

GOod luck. Please keep asking questions.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 AM #4
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default on loss

[Loss happens for so many of us in our dissabilities. I have lost myself too at times. I am at risk of loosing my home too. Job, family, self- esteem, money, future, friends, gone. just like that and it stinks. I hate it as much as you do, and loss feels horrible. I am not doing it alone. I am here in this site as much as I can be for support. I got a dr. involved with my personal trauma with my family. I went back to my SS lawyer for help with the current problems. I am asking questions and asking for help. Keep coming back to the site, and there will be others who may be able to help you too. I am sorry you have that injury, my neighbor has brain injury too and was only recently given his benefits. Keep asking for help, and don't stop trying. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote