Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default omg ...its any form of thinking

Ok...convinced now. I helped my son with 2 a little more complex word problems. I had no problem doing them...even explaining them to him. But working on them for 10 mins...wow...the inside of my head was spinning it felt like. All kinds of weird feelings...like when I watch tv or go on the computer.

I was exhausted Sat and Sun...and now I think its from reading. Thur, Fri and Sat I read about 20 pgs each day in a book...and I can tell you everything I read..great book...but I was exhausted. I'm convinced its any form of thinking.

Am I wrong here? How long is this going to last? I'm beyond tears now!
wtrpk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-23-2011, 04:52 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

How far are you into your concussion? I couldn't even so much as LOOK at a book, tv, or computer screen until 4 months. Now I can go on the computer for 8 hours, watch tv later, and do lots of concrete thinking. It gets better. Hang in there.

Carmell
carmell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

6 1/2 months. I'm doing better in the sense of how tired I am...but only if I don't do much thru the day.

I couldn't even open mail a few months ago or breeze thru a magazine.

But my kids grades are suffering....my husband can only do so much...he works an hour away...coaches, grocery shops etc...he does help with homework and is super supportive...but this is nuts ...2 word problems!!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:32 PM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

aireyden,

Please stop trying to compare to others recovery time lines. It is a losing battle. There is no rhyme or reason to recovery time lines.

Those who post their recovery time lines are doing everybody a big disservice.

Doctors and other professionals try to give PCS patients time lines to get them to reduce their anxiety. I know how maddening it can be. Been there many times, at least 6 recovery periods from different concussions/relapses.

Your anxiety is only making things worse. Have you checked your messages? Please consider my comments.

And, call your kids' school and see if they can get some help from their teachers. Explain you condition to them. You do not need this extra burden right now. No matter how much you feel the need to push on, you need to get your stress levels down.

How are you doing with nutritional supplements? They take weeks of consistency to make a difference. Same goes for laying low. Your brain needs you to connect weeks of low stress before you will start to notice a difference.

What was the environment like when you crashed from helping your child with the 2 word problems? Was there background noise? Were you in a settled condition?

Can you get a neuro-psych assessment? It might help you understand your symptoms.

I wish I could help you get some relief. I know how aggravating it can be.

Get some rest. Anxiety is a self propagating condition.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:17 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had very similar issues Aire, hang in there. I found that as things compiled throughout the day, even the simpliest things, it took a huge toll on my head.
blackzest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark....thank you -- not insulting at all. I know my anxiety is so high its counterproductive in getting better. I'm trying ..just not successful at it.

My daughter will be coming home tonight from college for 10 days. I'm not sure if it will overstimulate me more...or be helpful in not driving...keeping me company, etc.

Yes...it is the compiliation of the day...I feel like a cup with water dripping into it...no matter what I do it spills over by the end of the day.

Last night my husband had 4 other guys over to do the baseball draft...(downstairs) and I stopped down 2 times to chat...first time..head didn't feel so bad...second time there was only 1 guy and the 3 of us were talking. I actually had to walk away because I just couldn't take the feeling in my head...just overwhelmed. I was fine understanding the conversation...just head felt like it was spinning inside.

I also think I need to stop checking in the computer all day...maybe once or twice. I like to read my emails quick...stop here, etc. I think I'm going to unsubscribe to a lot of stuff ...might make me get on and off quicker.

I like to be busy...I am a very social person...a hairstylist...I miss work..people, friends, I just can't take it .... I'm like a hermit
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (03-24-2011)