Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Possible a hemorrhage/leakage of blood because of laying down for long time?

I had a neck MRI yesterday per my doctor's request. At that time, my position was very uncomfortable and I believe my head is a little lower than my body. I didn't ask them to lift my head (I should) and kept that position for 20 minutes. I didn't have that feeling of my brain is full of blood but after got up from MRI, I felt a little bit dizziness. The dizziness became stronger last night. It is kind of lightheaded and spinning feeling. I still have dizziness today and am feeling my face is swollen.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I always have the feeling that my brain is full of blood when I am upside down or lower my head. That is caused by my brain cannot control the blood pressure well. I am not sure if my brain blood pressure was very high yesterday because of my position and it already caused vessel damage and leakage of blood in my brain. I don't know if I need to visit emergency room to check it out. I never had spinning feeling before although I have been dizziness since the very beginning. I heard slow leakage does not have obvious symptoms and it worries me a lot.

My blood pressure and pulse are normal 110/70/80. I visited an eye doctor today and he said my eye pressure is normal. I visited him because my eyes feel tension and pressure.
Johnson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I get a pressure feeling in my head any time my head is lower than my heart. The position in a MRI tunnel would not put your head lower than your heart. There is no way they can position your head any higher because they need it to be in the proper location in the magnet and sensors.

I would not be concerned if this feeling is only when your head is lower than your heart.

You stats are fabulous. Count your blessings that you do not have higher blood pressure.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-19-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 02:38 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ....

WoW your starts are really good, im running on 140/95 lol
Ziggo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote