Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pcs for over six month main concern is dead legs

I was involved in a car accident six months ago. I have been to the chiropractor, physical therapist, and now I will being see a neuro doctor. I have been battling with headaches; slur speech, memory loss and my legs are always dead and stiff. I thought my pcs was getting better until I started school a month after and then the symptoms got way worse. MRI was negative so they recommended me to a neuron. But my main concern is my legs. Even when I wake up they feel dead, sore and stiff. Strechting is very hard but I use to be very flexible. Sometime my leg even get tingles . Has anyone ever has similar symptoms???
muktownfb09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-28-2012, 04:14 AM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

muktown,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

You may need some work on your upper neck. A www.nucca.org upper cervical chiropractor may be able to help.

Remember that not all chiros are created equal. The twist and pop neck adjusting is often too aggressive. There are also some diagnosis systems that identify vertebral problems better than others. I find Leg Check to be a good diagnostic system.

Your tingling sounds like a nerve issue. The neuro may do a EMG (ElectroMyloGram) or NCG (Nerve Conduction Study). These can measure the signal going up your nerves.

Your headaches, slurred speech, memory loss and other PCS symptoms need more rest and quiet. School may be too much stimulation.

Many of us get improvement from nutritional supplements. B-12, a B-50 or B-100 complex, D3, Omega 3's, and all of the anti-oxidants. The improvement is slow because the brain need to first detoxify before it can start to heal.

Let us know how we can help. There are lots of great people here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (04-02-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 10:55 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you had any hormone related symptoms? Change in sex drive, etc?
SI33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear muktownfb09,

Tell your neurologist about your symptoms.

I have been experiencing nerve symptoms like yours in different areas of my body.

My neurologist ordered an MRI of my spine - it took several hours to complete. I was in too much pain at the time to be able to lay still during the procedure so they gave me shots of dilaudid while it was happening so I could be still... that was not fun.

The MRI's showed that I have bulging disks in my spine that are pinching nerves that run down my arms and in my legs. Pain caused by pinched nerves is called referred pain.

My Dr. believes it was caused by the auto accident I was in since I didn't have this pain or these symptoms before the accident.

That is probably what is happening to you.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (04-02-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI33 View Post
Have you had any hormone related symptoms? Change in sex drive, etc?
sry for the late reply but yes very bad mood swing and depression. a couple days ago i had to to the behavioral health division. I had a very bad break out i dont know. The lady thinks i have depression issues. she ask about recent injury and when i told her about my pcs and car accident she barely acknowleged it. I know im not crazy ive never had any depression problem and the sad part is i cant tell you why i get mad or the way ive been feeling. but i know that i have just not been myself. befor until now. This has just been driving me crazy, that no seems to understand.
muktownfb09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote