Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update on BOTOX for Migraines.

I was asked to post an update on the BOTOX Injections I had last week. At first, I thought I was having a minor improvement after the awful pain I experienced the day of injections.

Today is day 8 and I am now suffering with horrible pressure pain (like a tension band headache), Migraine behind left eye, and extreme nausia and muscle weakness.

The headache has been constant the last few days but the nausia has increased. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I am headed back to bed, but I didn't want to forget to post this.

Symptoms: focus/concentration issues, short term memory issues, nausia, dizziness, sleep problems, noise/light sensitivities, extreme fatigue, irritability, vision problems, slow processing, tingling in extremeties and a few more I can't remember.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadStrong View Post
I was asked to post an update on the BOTOX Injections I had last week. At first, I thought I was having a minor improvement after the awful pain I experienced the day of injections.

Today is day 8 and I am now suffering with horrible pressure pain (like a tension band headache), Migraine behind left eye, and extreme nausia and muscle weakness.

The headache has been constant the last few days but the nausia has increased. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I am headed back to bed, but I didn't want to forget to post this.
Hey there! Sorry you are feeling so sick with the botox. I received my first treatment of botox on March 1 for my migraines. I felt pretty rough that day and the next, but my headaches, etc., did not increase like the dr said they would. I just had my normal bad headaches and even a migraine that first weekend. He told me that I would feel worse the first couple of weeks and then I should start seeing relief. Did your dr tell you anything like that?

It hasn't cut out my bad headaches so much, but it did cut the ice-pick headaches almost immediately...which I am thankful for!!

Wishing you the best and hope you feel relief soon!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:01 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Nanc,
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a fairly good experience, at least with relief of the ice-pick headaches.

No, my Doctor only told me to expect my eye brows to feel heavy, he didn't tell me anything else about any other side effects.

I will wait a little longer and see if things change.

Symptoms: focus/concentration issues, short term memory issues, nausia, dizziness, sleep problems, noise/light sensitivities, extreme fatigue, irritability, vision problems, slow processing, tingling in extremeties and a few more I can't remember.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadStrong View Post
Hi Nanc,
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a fairly good experience, at least with relief of the ice-pick headaches.

No, my Doctor only told me to expect my eye brows to feel heavy, he didn't tell me anything else about any other side effects.

I will wait a little longer and see if things change.
Hope things begin to improve for you. My dr also told me that I would not be able to "crinkle" my forehead...he was right about that!! Thankfully that is the only visible part that is "frozen" He told me that I could get a droopy eye, that didn't happen - whew!

I started to get an ice-pick headache last night, but I think it was because the stupid Neurologist I saw yesterday. Mine was not there b/c his wife just had her baby, so instead of telling me I get to see someone else, what a waste of time that was!! He totally stressed me out

Anyway, keep me posted on your progress...fingers crossed!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote