Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Massive sinus pressure??

Every morning i wake up i feel pretty fine, i have noticed this morning i was having some derealization but i dont think i have that anymore.

Throughout the day i start feeling Massive pressure on my nose right between my eyes, is that maybe because im on my computer a little to much still? Even then when im away from the computer, like doing the dishes or moving around i start feeling the pressure again.

Its startin to get pretty bad. is it normal to experience pressure ONLY in that spot during PCS? Im not feeling an anxiety because im not worrying about anything, i still feel a little dizzy and my vision seems to be a bit off.
PlasticMonkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticMonkey View Post
Every morning i wake up i feel pretty fine, i have noticed this morning i was having some derealization but i dont think i have that anymore.

Throughout the day i start feeling Massive pressure on my nose right between my eyes, is that maybe because im on my computer a little to much still? Even then when im away from the computer, like doing the dishes or moving around i start feeling the pressure again.

Its startin to get pretty bad. is it normal to experience pressure ONLY in that spot during PCS? Im not feeling an anxiety because im not worrying about anything, i still feel a little dizzy and my vision seems to be a bit off.
Have you had a CT or MRI done?

Did it show a sinus infection?

Do you/have you had problems with allergies?

I have the same type of pressure/feeling in the same areas you described. Its due to a sinus infection. Usually the pressure will subside if I drink a lot of water.

I couldn't tell you if its related to PCS...probably not?

I doubt its anything to worry about. You should see an ENT or your primary doctor about it.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on the subject....

Good luck.

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PlasticMonkey (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No i havent had an MRI or a CT done.

They felt i was too early in my recovery to have either of those done i guess.

I cant be sure, but i do believe i took the blow to the head around march 2nd and was diagnosed with PCS on the 12th.

Yes i do have allergy problems every now and then but never this bad.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yeah, probably just a sinus infection.

I'm guessing that I had a sinus infection before the injury...because it showed up on the very first CT scan. I didn't notice the pressure before...but this injury causes you to over-analyze yourself and you start to pay more attention to the way your body is functioning.

That's how I am anyway...its an anxiety type thing, even if your not worrying about it...You just start noticing every little change and symptom in your body.

Anyways...don't stress on it .

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can PCS make you extremely fatigued? Lately i have been sleeping for most of the day thinking that i need rest.

I have been spacing out a lot more than usual, when i think i need rest or i decide to take a rest, or i start getting massive pressure between my eyes i go lay down and end up falling asleep for a good 3-6 hours.

Or could that just be because i have a sinus infection?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

my son dealt with sinus problems before the head injury and now it's even worse. I second you should see an ENT soon probably for a sinus CT.

Also, just be glad you can sleep. He slept a lot in the beginning and wishes he could get any restful sleep now.

current symptoms: still out of school, constant headache, migrating severe headaches, vision changes, startles easily, issues w/thermal regulation, delayed pain response, trouble sleeping, struggles for words/concepts/ideas, emotional about accepting what is, behavior issues esp when mentally fatigued.

currently on no meds (except sinus meds and vitamins) and goes to vestibular therapy.
worried_mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i was wondering if its possible to still be experiencing anxiety without having the constant feeling of worry.

Like feeling Depersonalization, Derealization, etc

I'm still wondering if maybe i do have anxiety, but im not really worrying about anything and stressing myself out. I did read up about anxiety a little and noticed im obsessing about getting better.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticMonkey View Post
Can PCS make you extremely fatigued? Lately i have been sleeping for most of the day thinking that i need rest.

I have been spacing out a lot more than usual, when i think i need rest or i decide to take a rest, or i start getting massive pressure between my eyes i go lay down and end up falling asleep for a good 3-6 hours.

Or could that just be because i have a sinus infection?
PCS, or mTBI can give a person a LOT of fatigue. That's something I've been coming to terms with lately.

But a sinus infection can also totally wipe a person out.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote