Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Im a Healing Touch Practitioner Apprentice!!!

This weekend I am in my Level 4 course for Healing Touch International!! After the day is done, I will be officially a Healing Touch Practitioner Apprentice! I have a 1 year apprenticeship after this to do 100 cases and lots of homework before i take Level 5 next year and can apply for certification!

If i never had this brain injury....i would never have been looking for ways to decrease my pain....and wouldnt have become so passionate about Healing Touch. I look at my brain injury as a blessing in disguise that catapulted my life into a wonderful direction full of love, healing, positivity, and truth.

I love that i am helping people decrease their pain, anxiety, helping them with emotional problems, physical ailments, and lessoning their disease symptoms. I feel very blessed that i have been able to heal from this injury so that i now have the energy and ability to help heal others. My patients in the hospital already love the treatments i have been doing for them and i cant wait to bring my new skills to them and make even more of a difference.

My 1 year anniversary of my TBI is in a little over a week. I have far exceeded any of my expectations of where i would be at this time. I feel so healthy, energized, peaceful, happy, and free. When i think back to where i was 6 months ago....i am so proud of myself for having come so far. What an incredible journey this has been. And it only continues to get better from here on out! Have a wonderful day everyone! And if you havent tried Healing Touch for your PCS headaches....you should look into it. It completely changed the course of my recovery!

www.healingtouchinternational.org
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-15-2012), Lightrail11 (04-15-2012), MommaBear (04-15-2012), pcslife (08-04-2012), ShellyK (08-04-2012), SpaceCadet (04-15-2012), srgallan (08-04-2012)

advertisement
Old 04-15-2012, 11:03 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Congratulations!!!
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (04-15-2012)
Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your inspirational story, a great example of post traumatic growth.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (04-15-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 03:47 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Amazing story

Good for you! This is a very remarkable story. I was in a similar boat but didn't have to overcome the obstacle of a head injury. I don't want to disclose a lot about how I became cripple. But I had an incident where I was cripple for 3 years. I used techniques similar to biofeedback that helped eliminate my pain and restore my ability to run again. I attribute all my recovery to the power of the mind. But I'm very fascinated that you are using healing touch. I'm very glad that you are using your gift to help others. I too am trying to help and reach out to other people. I'm in the process of trying to become a public speaker. So for now I'm trying to inform people in a way that keeps them from experiencing what I had to. I would strongly encourage you to keep doing what you are doing. I know it will make a big difference.
2000mind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 08:03 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Very nice accomplishment.
  • MIGRAINE HEADACHES
  • INSOMNIA
  • ANGER & SELF-CONTROL (going "Frontal")
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nightnurse30 (08-05-2012)