advertisement

Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How milk causes acne

Interesting article!
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/hea...cle2522076.ece

Quote:
For decades scientists have searched for the causes of acne. Now a study has identified one of the key triggers: milk. Sanjida O'Connell finds out how a pinta causes pimples
NancyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-09-2007, 04:39 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

That's a very interesting article. Thankyou very much for posting it, Nancy.
I read here all the time, but never stop in long enough to say "thanks" to you all. I should try harder.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 PM #3
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I thought this was funny ... no kidding

Quote:
The Dairy Council isn't convinced,
Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:14 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't had a chance to read it yet...but...I've noticed that when I get a good bit of dairy, I get pimples. Usually on my legs. As a teen I had very bad acne, had to be on tetracycline for it.

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wonder if this aspect of milk causes acne inversa,.. alias Hidradenitis Suppurativa- though our son has been boil free as long as he is gluten free and his blood work is improving on a GF diet. All very interesting. Maybe I should send a post of to this doc. Our son has type O blood- and dairy is not recommended for that type. I wonder how many people suffering from aggressive acne are type O's with substantial dairy diet. 4 neices and nephews are type O with severe facial acne and they all drink a lot of skim milk. I fowarded this article on to them. We don't drink skim milk here we generally drink 1.5% but anything other than whole mik would have that increased hormone value. Our milk states on the container no BGH in the milk, though I get the part of hormone due to lactation.

I milked cows not too long ago for a part time job, now there was a fun job Long funny story. But terrific job! And yes, the calves were taken almost immediately from the cows and bottle fed.

Very Interesting

Leslie
Swuzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

very interestig article .......... the problems mentioned with hormones due to cows being pregnant would not occur wth goats milk as goats are not put back in kid while lactating ........ my doe has milked for over 18 months and now we are drying her up since mating her a week ago

also I haver to wonder about the A1/A2 aspect cows milk which mainstream science continues to ignore of course that wouldnt be anything to do with pressure from the cow dairy industry

koz
kozz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is a really good article.

Not entirely accurate though re: why they impregnate them so quickly. They do that so that the cow doesn't suffer secondary infertility. If a cow doesn't have a calf every year, she may not 'take'.

Canadian cows have a 'prime' fertility zone at 54 to 56 days after giving birth. (I called my organic farmer and she told me all this. She has friends in other countries who she discussed this with also.) Apparently, New Zealand only has cows calve in the spring... so a New Zealand cow's prime fertility period is different from a Canadian cow. Another friend of hers in Africa has cows that are on different schedules than the previous two examples.

It made some sens to me as I had done some information gathering on secondary infertility. Humans kind of work the same way. Secondary infertility usually occurs in women who start having babies later in life. It is generally unexplainable... at least from my research several years ago. But we've all known those certain women who get pregnant fairly young and have babies year after year. Not so much anymore but families of 12 to 18 was not so unusual, even one generation ago... esp. in the very strict roman catholic families in my area.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:44 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was discussing this with a med person yesterday who said she didn't think we had the necesary recpetors to pick up those hormones. Anyone know about the receptors? I don't.

Leslie
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Also, does anyone know if dairy minimizes the assimilation of zinc as it does iron by forming an insoluable salt? Many severe acne sufferers, including people with HS (acne inversa- our son has) have depletion of zinc and studies are being done to show high doses of zinc, 90mg a day, puts HS folks into remission.

Leslie

Study: http://www.innovations-report.de/htm...cht-83474.html
Old 05-16-2007, 10:53 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuzly View Post
I was discussing this with a med person yesterday who said she didn't think we had the necesary recpetors to pick up those hormones. Anyone know about the receptors? I don't.

Leslie
It is common knowledge that conventional medicine doesn't know about all of our receptors. So, I'm wondering why a medical person would even attempt to say they don't exist?

I was reading something the other day about something that blocks metal absorption... I can't remember what that was right now but when I do, I'll come back and post it.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote