advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Chat Bean's Dr. check (follow up fevers and tummy aches)

I took Bean to her family doctor several times. They ran tests on her and found a bacterial infection and low iron count.
the bacterial infection was treated and she was on probiotics as well, but even a month later, she still has her daily tummy aches and occasional low grade fevers.

The doctor suggested an immunologist to help pinpoint her specific immune deficiency, but I am skeptical to try any more prodding and testing on her at this point with summer SO CLOSE! I have a strong suspicion that she will do much better at home this summer. I tend to think school is tieing into this quite a bit. We will be much more healthful over the summer then I feel like we can be at school, too. (she eats pretty well during the school year, anyway, but we can do even better when we're just eating at home).

I also asked the DAN doctor what she thought about this and she suggested that the low iron count could be effecting her B vitamin absorption, which can cause tummy aches. That is interesting!?

So, I ordered her some Liquid Health because it looks like a great ingredient list (but I am open to other suggestions for kids that include iron that are GF/CF)
We haven't received it yet.

Bean has had a rough winter, and spring, but I really feel like this warm weather and break from school will serve her health very well. Last summer she stayed healthy all summer long, and she stayed healthy into winter!

So that is the current update.

A day to day lunch pictorial
sleepingbean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-22-2007, 11:13 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LOL! Your subject line had me confused - I was trying to figure out what beans doctors were checking! Then I noticed who had posted.

I hope summer brings health to your little bean. Thanks for the update!
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote