Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 04:56 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I Quit!

I am so MAD, DISGUSTED, UPSET ....FED UP!

I can't take anymore.

I cried so much last night. I have got to have the worst luck in the world. Nothing goes in my favor...NOTHING! I had to testify yesterday for my workmans comp case. I did it over the phone. My attorney was supposed to call and brought me for less but he called me five minutes prior and didn't tell me anything. I had to testify because in October I took on a part-time job as a driver working about six hours a week. It was to drive elderly people to the store and wait for them while they shop and then bring them back to the facility. I thought I could handle that job and it least it was some kind of income. My attorney told me it was good because it shows I try to go back to work. I only lasted two weeks. At that point the pain was getting worse every day no matter what I did. The job also became more than what it was supposed to be like most jobs. These older people wanted help getting in and out of a vehicle and help with their shopping. Of course I was stuck at one point doing it and I immediately went to my supervisor told her no I will not do this. At the time I was also having bad dizzy spells and ear pain which was brought on from the TOS. I spent an entire day at the doctors office worried sick about what was wrong with me. The doctor told me I shouldn't be driving. I immediately called the office and left a message and I even called while waiting to see the doctor to let them know what was going on. Of course my supervisor was not in that day. I wasn't going to drive to work to tell him I couldn't drive now that would seem stupid. I was done working at that point. So yesterday I had to testify to this and now they are trying to say that my condition is from the job that job may be worse. My attorney asked us stupid question because he didn't prep me for the answer. He asked me if the pain was worse after I was done working. I answered yes. I didn't know how to answer that because he asked my pain was worse and I was having more problems that's why I sought out more help and ended up with surgery. He called me today to tell me I shouldn't have said that. What was I to say? My pain was worse every day no matter what and the job did aggravate my symptoms and that is why I left. I totally give up because no matter what I say it's not right.

So now my employer is still fighting my workman's comp case and dragging it out. Over a year now and going nowhere. Now they want to contact that employer who of course is ****** off at me because I quit so I worried as to what they are going to say. My employer's attorney wants to contact them to get information and call them to testify. This is ridiculous. I also stated yesterday that I informed my employer of my condition when I got hired. Of course my supervisor there was a complete idiot and I doubt she will remember anything. I did put it on the application though. I'm just worried that they will not help my case. Of course quitting a job without notice... the employer will not be happy. I doubt she would do anything in my favor. I called to say I quit and the same time she was telling me I was terminated because I didn't show up for work the day I was at the doctor's.

In the meantime we have medical bills close to $10,000 (that's with insurance) I just don't know what to do. My husband was assuming I was going to win this case by now. Honestly it doesn't look good. I should move to France or Canada a year ago. Health care here sucks and there is no help for people like us with medical conditions that aren't our fault!

I just saw on the news this morning that a couple in a restaurant was given $100,000 by an unknown man. He just wrote them out of check and they cashed it. Must be nice. I guess being born on Friday the 13th brought on bad luck.

I am also trying to cope with this incision on my neck. I hate it! I am also still having numbness around the incision whole right side of my jaw and shoulder. That may never go away. I cry every time I look in the mirror. I can't take it. I hate all this. It's so dam hard! The recovery is awful! This TOS destroyed my life!

Sorry for the venting! gotta go

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

You are in my prayers. I feel very bad for you. I have workers comp(DOL) and am going through vocab rehab(just starting) now. I know they will give me hard time to get job, not caring that I am getting worse all the time even though I been out of work. Heath care stinks in USA. Hopefully future president will do something(don't count on it).

I hope you feel better soon. I hope to avoid surgery. Hang in there.
PS_I have Dr. in NE Pa.
billy027 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dianeb46 (05-29-2012)
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM #3
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hang in there Momz,
No wc claim gets settled quickly esp a tricky one like TOS.

your atty should have the records of that dr visit when you had to quit because of the pain -and because dr said NOT to drive - correct?

Many times my dr had to fax my new restrictions to employer so they would be in effect for the next day I had to go to work- it gave the HR lady time to find stuff for me to do.

Plus only 2 weeks at @6 hrs a weeks would not cause much more damage on top of what you already had from the other job.
your' atty should use that angle if it is a real problem.

But they look for any little thing to drag the case out and prolong it - hoping you will give up and just go away.

You don't really want them to win do you?

I know it is very rough.....
My "simple" claim took 2.5 yrs to close.

we have so many that have been thru the w/c wringer and still are going thru it 2,3,4+ years.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry jerks.

I feel your frustration Momz... please don't give up, don't give in. Keep fighting. Take time to recoup emotionally, then call your atty - or better yet, fax him what you have typed here in this thread so he has it in writing.

Keeping you in my prayers for strength, fortitude and perseverance.

Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dianeb46 (05-29-2012)
Old 02-06-2008, 11:01 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hang in there Momz. I know it must feel awful. the attys were doing therir job, which is to put blame elsewhere, and to pay as little as possible. for them it's more like a game and not at all about what you deserve. Your atty and your doctor/s need to address this so the blame goes back where it belongs. I know it's tough; wait until your emotions die down and then make sure your doctor and your atty are in synch w/the fact that your condition prior to the small job made you unable to take it on as opposed to the idea that the small job caused any new injury.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:07 AM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Don't you dare quit.

Have a good long cry, and then a nap, and then when you wake up, read my post about work comp cases taking too long (it' here) and get FIRED UP that those you know whats are not going to take YOU - YOU who were once a very vibrant worman and a survivor - YOU out.

Next, go the the pharmacy and get Vitaman b12 in their back refrigerator section. In fact, ask them for the lacto bacillus or anti yeast pills also. Those are really good for fighting your health. But my doc said there was no way the trouble I had was from B12, and that probably it's gearing up my nerves in some way. Major increased use in nerves as well as pain relief without any woosiness.

I have to tell you - this B12 for this first week has done me wonders as far as the pain in my legs, shoulder blades and TOS in general. START taking it. I seldom tell someone to start someting, but I think you need it and need it now.

On an aside, I also wonder if you need to have your throids and hormones FULLY checkecked out. Work comp WILL do it cuz if it com es up some disease it gets them off of the hook they think...so it's usually 1500 total, but you really need to know if you need some hormones plugged in now. You've had a lot of stress.

Your attorney SHARES TOO MUCH of his own thinking out loud with you - I can see it. He doesn't need to say things to you that he doesn't know will happen or will happen, etc., which I hear him say, but then he doesn't prep you for other stuff... just a personality difference, and you're already ACTIVE and in the middle, so best do this: Answer the questions as HONESTLY as you can. Honestly in work comp goes a long way. Let the various insurance carriers, employers, etc., let them throw much at eachother all they want - that DOE NOT STOP YOU. It is the judge's job to get you on your way, and THEN deal with the insurance co.s and the lawyers. (Lucky judge, huh?) But that was one of the big changes with work comp vs. workers just suing each and every employer - it would take forever, bog down the system, etc. Work comp is supposed to work fast here (its forgotten that point) but as long as you get your HONEST words forth, let the judge do the work and be happy never to see thoes people again.

But don't give up.

The ins. co. hopes that the applicant won't like the hallway behavior of boasting, making fun of peple, lying and saying so & so go "nothing" when in fact they did, etc. That is their game. So don't you fall for it. Either listen to nothing, or, listen to everything and just keep it silent for use later, in your own mind. Don't blurt out something to the judge - you can make a wave to your attorney, ask if you can see him, and then quietly run the idea for him. If he says, "no, no, you got it wrong" then believe him, you did for now. But just maybe you remembered something important for him, and he'll say thanks, let's use it!

So have you call your attorney or sent him a fax or a certififed mail (you can do these over the phone with a credit card and one of the private box mails co.s) but anyways,

Have you asked your attorney if there is a rule that the other side cannot collect your medical bills as a result of a work comp injury again the worker? Is your attorney under an obligation (for free) under his services and under the law to write to the collection agency or the collector noted and to tell that person to stop it and remove any derogatory statement?

I brought that to your attention on another thread.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (02-10-2008), trixlynn (02-07-2008)
Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh Momz.........I feel your pain. As hard as it seems, please don't give up. You can't let them win.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:12 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

momz- hang in there... I'll admit that i have no WC experience, but it seems frustrating as all hell. I'm sorry that you're having to go thru this. Don't worry about the venting... everyone's gotta release the pressure from time to time.

Currently redefining 8,9,10 ......

dabbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote