Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Whats Up?

Hi everyone . Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on any hobbies?

I was asked today" how do I spend my day? What is a typical day like for you?
A typical day consists of waking up, a cup of tea, toast, yogurt and medications,the morning news. Then it's shower, dressing, and stretches.
I make my bed, and fill the sink up with soap and hot water and let the dishes soak before attemping to wash them. This is always done in stages. Most of the time they are left to dry on their own.

Typically all my days activities should be planned and some things I just can't do.
Driving is still a pain but I'd loose my sanity if I couldn't see people and was in the house all the time.
I try to walk although, lately with snow and freezing temperatures it's not been enough.
I was asked if I could work 10 hours a week what job do I think I could do? One thing I"ve thought about is a physio assistant.
Whats your day like?
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! I think I would bore you if I went through my day!

I get up at six, make breakfast and lunches for two kids. after tlhey leave for school I get little one up for preschool, fed and off to school. 15 year old son has tutors to his broken leg. He has to get breakfast and ready for tutors.

By the time I make beds and clean up from breakfast it's time to get little one from school and make lunches! Sound like fun yet!!

Actually, I have a hobby that does become an obsession. I love photography. If you have a camera and a good printer you would be amazed at what you can do. I have a great time taking pictures of my kids. During sports, ballet, or in the tub! If you have a good program which doen't have to cost alot, You can make some beautiful pictures. It is not hard on the TOS Atleast not for me. You don't have to raise your arm for along time to take pictures. Do you read? There are many devices to help hold a book open and that is always fun.

Hope you can find something that you really like. What about going back to school, or school online?

I hope you find something that will make you happy! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hairdresser (02-12-2008)
Old 02-12-2008, 10:25 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh my gosh Linda!! Lots of work. Your family sounds busy but wonderful. You are blessed.
Photography sounds good. hmmm. I think going back to school would be to much for me but a job I could do a few hours a week sure would work towards a more normal life for me.
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:19 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Linda- sounds very familiar

for Me:
7:30 teenage drags me out of bed for a ride to school
then i come home, get the little kids up and dressed, pack their lunches, take them to school by 9-9:30
9:30-10:30
-come home, eat breakfast, get myself showered and dressed every 3rd or 4th day, OR if nowhere specific to be, keep wearing the yoga outfit i slept in.

-check that i took the right medicine in the morning
if it is wednesday, pack up the weekly tower

10:30 or so: PT, Chiropractor, or laundry or grocery store..whatever is most pressing or scheduled

12 ish eat, check email/TOS board if i am up to it

1-2 do stretching and rest a bit

2-3 do dishes from today and sometimes night before...(this means put them in the DW unrinsed and run the super tough cycle), start DW so my teenager can empty it before dinner

3-5 bills, gardening, dinner preparation, or soemthing from 10:30 list.. whatever is most pressing for the household

5-7 pick up kids, often drop teenager off somewhere, come home, make dinner.

7-7:30 eat
7:30-8:30 fight to put little kids to be

9 flop in front of TV until i pass out 10 minutes later.....

now this schedule can be thrown drastically off in a flare...reducing itself to lay in bed, beg hubby to take kids to school, move to couch, flop on floor to wriggle and stretch every half hour or so, call massage therapist,PT, or Chiro go to whichever can fit me in for relief, and spend the rest of the day pulling it together before i have to pick up the kids and do dinner/bedtime (which may only be to order pizza and send them to bed in their clothes)

boy, such an exciting life....anyone want to trade?

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hairdresser (02-13-2008)