Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Get a peice of paper:

A true friend shared this with me once...seemed fitting for the moods around here this week:

Take a peice of paper and a pen.
Draw a pinpoint in the middle.
Now draw a circle around it.
Now draw another circle around that one.
Now draw one more circle around that.

See next post for explaination

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am the dot.

You are the circle around my dot; I can share anything with you within that circle, you can share anything with me, and we will protect each other. Does not matter if you make a mistake in life, you will always be safe in my circle, and I in yours.

In the second circle are aquantances. These people you do not share your innermost and private thoughts with. These people will not be trustworthy in most situations.

In the last circle, this is the world around you. Say hi, smile, but never share anything with them. This circle will gut you given the chance. Be very wary of this circle.

Now it's up to all of you to decipher this, put it to use in your life, and be free from adversity of people who mean nothing to you anyway. Build as many people in the first circle as you can, but in all cases, they must earn the right to be in that circle.

If you share things with people in circle one, and then take that same story to people in circle two or three...beware.

"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-11-2008), AZjanie (03-13-2008), DM (03-11-2008), ewizabeth (03-11-2008), FinLady (03-13-2008), karousel (03-10-2008), Kitty (03-11-2008), Koala77 (03-11-2008), Twinkletoes (03-10-2008), Vonn07 (03-11-2008)
Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

GJ .. so do we call you 'Dot' ...

thanks for sharing!! are yous moving yet?? where?? when??

RRMS - April 2007

It takes only a single idea,
a single action to move the world!

The Power of One!
Vonn07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:42 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Vonn

We are considering Arizona now....but not sure for at least a year.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Thanks Vonn

We are considering Arizona now....but not sure for at least a year.
At least you are not a circle in a square!

Well Dot (?) I went to Arizona this past Christmas. Not cheap to live there and of those who I know living there...they leave during the summer time. So keep that in mind.

We were in Phoenix and went to the Grand Canyon, Sedona and a few other places....I like it there. A bit of everything, but amazingly Phoenix is a high crime area.

Who'd have thought???

Tootsie
Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Tootsie,
I lived in Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert/Glendale for 11 years prior to moving to Alaska. We are actually considering the Sedona area, or further west to the boarder of Nevada. We intend to keep our cabin here, and come back in the summer, the best time around here. I'm having difficulty deciding if I want to move back and forth every 6 months/or so....I do know I hate the winters here, had just about all I can take!

You two are funny calling me 'dot', LOL!! Yep, me, the center of the universe! LOL!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Thanks Tootsie,
I lived in Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert/Glendale for 11 years prior to moving to Alaska. We are actually considering the Sedona area, or further west to the boarder of Nevada. We intend to keep our cabin here, and come back in the summer, the best time around here. I'm having difficulty deciding if I want to move back and forth every 6 months/or so....I do know I hate the winters here, had just about all I can take!

You two are funny calling me 'dot', LOL!! Yep, me, the center of the universe! LOL!!!
Oh, Sedona is so pretty, but very crowded and expensive. Now remember, my stay was short, so I hardly know as much as you would.

Yeah, I'm with you.....moving every six mos? Hmmm. If you didn't move to much stuff you'd be okay (you know...if you could leave your basic living needs in each place).

I was looking at Mexican Real Estate yesterday on a whim. I'd like to be near the beach and wondered it if was cheaper? Not really.

I want a cottage, preferably on a lake or ocean. Dreaming.......
sugarboo (03-11-2008)
Old 03-11-2008, 03:04 PM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

hey Dot ..

I have friends that have a summer place in northern Wisconsin .. and a place in florida ... half and half there ...

me? hmmm ... wisconsin in winter .. alaska in summer?? I'm so torn!! LOL

RRMS - April 2007

It takes only a single idea,
a single action to move the world!

The Power of One!
Vonn07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't think ANYONE could beat the living expenses here right now, well, maybe Hawaii. I've whined about it before so won't bore you all with it...I bet Sedona is half what I pay here!

Vonn,
Yes, we would have a home in both places. I'll be a Medical Transciptionist, so I can move freely around, and DH...he can draw his retirement now (48) and then flip burgers if he wanted too. He says he wants too LOL!! He's tired of being in telecommunications...He hates his job! But it pays the bills

We have considered Mexico as well! If Cayokay is around....I saw a show on the history channel last night about Belize and the (what are their names!) Inca's??? No, no....the M.....something....I'm a duffus! Anyway...it was beautiful! They also have one of the remaining coral reefs there....how cool would that be? Cayokay...why did you move there???

I'm a bit scared of leaving the USA...I love our country and would be afraid of never getting back if there was some kind of world war or disaster. So I hesitate about it!

I want the beach too, but after looking at the Corpus Christi area (and surrounding eastern beaches of TX) I'm not convinced its the right place for me. Washington and Oregon are too wet I think. California, well....need I say more? I'd never make it on the East coast....now Florida? Too flat and hurricanes. So WHAT BEACH can I move too? New Orleans? LOL?! Missisippi? OMG...its so hard to decide where to make my second home! Arizona came up because DD wants to go to school in the Southwest somewhere....

Decisions decisons....

Dot

PS VONN: Yes, I think half here and there would be ideal! It would be more like this tho:
May to Aug in Alaska and Aug to May else where.....but you could easily do just June-Aug here....

Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DH and I retired from the Midwest to NW Arizona and it is perfect for us!

We enjoy a lower cost of living, four mild seasons, low taxes, wonderful neighbors mostly from the Midwestern states and so much to do!!

We researched when we were about 10 years from retirement and came to visit different areas of Arizona because we wanted dry weather.

We loved the warm weather in Phoenix area but high crime, traffic, higher cost of living and too HOT summers weren't for us.

We were just driving through town on our way to another town to look at model homes and lots.

We ended up buying two lots here and never made it to the other town.

We later sold those lots (which in 10 years had really appreciated in value) and built in a different area of town.

My advise is visit the area you are thinking of retiring to, talk to the locals, research home prices area demographics, weather, transportation, senior programs, medical care etc.

We even stopped at the police dept to get an idea of crime rates and areas more concentrated in crimes and types of crimes.

There are so many things to consider!

Good luck!

AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote