Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 09:02 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Come on up...

Well, ain't it been a month of Sundays since I seen you!! It sho nuff is a good thing this ole porch swing is still holdin up. But then ya know my daddy made this swing for me...cause he said, "One day, that's all the swinging, you'll be able to do!" Yep, my daddy sho is the joker in a deck of cards. He's 86, gets around better than I do most days. He came last week, cleaned up my yard, cut down and pulled up my red bud shrubbery...sho liked that lil bit of red next to that fence. But it ain't no big deal, my daddy wanted to do it, so what, its just plants...gonna miss then though. lol

He worked close to 10 hours out in my yard...resting maybe an hour or so the whole day. Yep, guess he was right bout that swing...cause I sho nuff would have been the guest of the local hospital if I tried that. He also spent the night and we just sat around yacking bout things I did as a kid. No! You don't get to know. I will say, I was more than four hands full...

It always worries me when he works that hard, he is in really good health for his age. Still, his bones are not as strong and he is just getting over a four month healing from a hip fracture. He sat back on heels and hit a concrete floor...fractured hip. Although its more than that, it makes me feel like I'm being lazy...which all who knows me know I'm anything but. It ain't a good feeling, but then I have to deal with those nasty self incriminations! Man, as if I don't have enough to deal with!! lol

The point to all this here rambling is simple as Mr. Eagllesses...ask yourself,
can I do this or not. Then quit whinnin over it and move on! Don't worry bout what other people think....they gonna think it whether you worry about it or not!! When people start talking to me bout, she or he can if he wanted.
I politely look at them and say...I look very healthy, overweight, but healthy...you think I don't want to work?!

Yep, sho is funny how fast people can shut up them lips at such a question...course, they might jest me afearred of what I might do ifn they say Yes. lol

Well, yall jest sit a spell, I got to go see that good doctor so he can tell me to come back in month for mo of my money!! lol

Do something fun and good fer yerself today...after all...it is April Fool and sho nuff seen plenty of em driving by today!! lol
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (04-01-2008), Jodylee (04-03-2008), Kitty (04-01-2008), Koala77 (04-01-2008), peachyplane (04-03-2008), SandyC (04-05-2008), soxmom (04-01-2008), suzyqz_2007 (04-01-2008)

advertisement
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hey Momma! I sure do love your swing......wish I had a porch like yours.

Your Daddy sounds wonderful - God bless him if he can work in the yard 10 hours and live to tell about it - Lord knows I couldn't. That's probably why he's so spry - he doesn't sit still long enough to get old!!

You're lucky to have him - tell him you love him as often as you can. What I wouldn't give to be able to tell my Daddy that just once more.

I have to say I agree with you about worrying about what other people think and say. It's a waste of time and good energy better spent elsewhere.

You take care - listen to the doctor but don't give him any more money than you have to!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 AM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Momma, you is so lucky to have a Dad who will come over and hep you out.

My Daddy celebrates his 95th birthday this August. I knowed we'd have a big wingding for him, but now it's looking like it could turn in to a weddin! Go figgure!!!

I be sendin you and your Papa a special invite so y'all can hep with the chivaree!!!

Shhhh! Don't tell that scallywag jmiller -- he'll just cause trubble!!!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:23 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

maybe i can find some minnie pearl mp3 online
Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 PM #5
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

MK

My father was like that too. He survived 5 years following a diagnosis of lung cancer, radiation treatments, and surgery to remove a portion of both lungs.

He lived for my son. My son and I lived in an apartment complex nearby. Shortly after his first surgery, we had a big snowfall. I got up early to prepare for work, prepare my son for daycare, and clean off my car.

I walked out into the parking lot and saw all the cars completely covered in snow and ice - except for mine. It was completely cleaned off. Despite his pain and frail condition, he gathered up the strength to drive to my home and care for us - despite our agreement that it was MY job now to care for HIM.

Dads can be so amazing. It's a shame not everyone can have a dad like ours. It gives us the strength to keep pushing on, despite our pain.

When I was a little girl my dad used to wake me up before dawn on the weekends to watch the sunrise and walk in the woods - despite the weather.

One morning it was brutally cold and the snow was deep. I was FREEZING and tired, so I said "Dad, I can't do this anymore." He said: Yes you can, you have a lot of spirit. I said: "Dad, it's too cold!" He turned to me, smiled and said "Isn't it GREAT? It let's you know you're alive!"

I've since learned that pain will never kill me - it's never listed on death certificates as the cause of death. Therefore, my pain serves to remind me I still have the gift of life.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-01-2008), weegot5kiz (04-01-2008)
Old 04-01-2008, 03:49 PM #6
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

howdy Ma

so true Kathy, wish deb understood this

it only hurts me when i breath its no biggie

she yelled at me cause i stumbled around the van to open her door for her as much as i hurt and am having trouble getting around lately

her car is always warmed up and cleaned

ticks her off for two reasons the kids could do it and I shouldnt be over doing it, but she is my baby girl, and thats all there is to it

kath your post made me smile big time thanks

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KathyM (04-01-2008)
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM #7
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Momma,
Finding a post from you is even better than finding money in the dryer, left by somebody who didn't check their pockets!!
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 PM #8
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thanks Momma. You set that swing a-moving at just the right time.

All this talk about your daddy and Twink's daddy has got my eyes watering. Just like herekitty remembering her's..... what I wouldn't do for a push on that swing from my own daddy, but I know he's up there watching over me.

Do ya have a hug to spare today Momma? I could sure do with one if you have! I've been sick for just over a week now, and I don't seem to be getting any better. I saw my doctor this morning and have yet another course of antibiotics.

I'm just having a down day I guess and with a cool change in the weather, I'm not feeling very cheery.

Sorry to be a bother to ya Momma, but I guess there's always one problem child in every family!

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-01-2008)
Old 04-02-2008, 12:14 AM #9
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the timely message Momma. As usual, you hit the sweet spot.

It'll be three years tomorrow since I said goodbye to my Dad. I sure do hope he knows how much I miss him.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:52 AM #10
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

awe River

its been 11 yrs this mothers day for my father passing he is still close in my heart and I still feel, keeping his eye on me and the kids, As I am sure is your Dad is River

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote