Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 03:28 PM #1
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink Support Group...Hi, my name is Tammy and I have a big bad back!!

I wanted to start a thread that would touch on why we are all here…share a little about ourselves, about your challenges, our families, our Docs whether good or bad.

I’m one of those lucky ones who have six lumbar. I was born with Spina Bifida Acculta and there are many things that are not right with the lumbar area of my spine. Hopefully the upper part is healthy.

I have had four surgeries in the lumbar part of my spine. The first one in December of 1990, second in Feb of 1992 third in March of 1993 and the last one in June of 2001…I had been married to my sweetie one month when I had this surgery.

All my surgeries were done for good reasons. Not all of them were to reduce pain…they were done to fix some serious problems which I may get into on a later post. I am also fulltime caregiver to my husband who has Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis…he is unable to walk or dress himself. He does care for me though by cooking once a week…ordering pizza. He will force me to slow down and lay down. My 84-year-old Mom lives with us also. She, for the most part can care for herself.

Hey, we are here to comfort or to guide each other through the good, bad and ugliest of times. Sometimes we are here to draw from the wisdom of each other. Therefore, I hope this can become a place to just hang out with our spine buddies.

So, lets all share a little about each other…no ones problems are ever too small. Our challenges are real big to us, so don’t be afraid to share.

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (06-16-2008)

advertisement
Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, now, that's one way to introduce yourself, Tammy . Good thread that you've introduced.

I'm sorry to find you here (because of what it means or entails), yet am glad that you found your way here and posted.

I'll give some thought to "how-to" do a condensed version of "why I'm here." I've a friend having surgery today; my brain is someway foggy because that's all I'm thinking of for now... and waiting to hear what her doctor says.

Be back later.

... and, please don't be shy folks. Tammy has presented a fine way to jump in, if you've been in lurk or read-only mode, and share a bit about yourself.

We won't bite.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote