Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 01:11 AM #1
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up How was your day??

How was your day? I just was checking in to see if everyone was doing ok or just wanted to cry...??

I have had a so so kinda day...my pain wasn't screeming at me but it was there

So as the doc says...on a scale of 1 to 10 how are you???

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

Last edited by tamiloo; 07-16-2008 at 01:44 AM.
tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-17-2008, 07:36 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well... dare I say .

Heck, why not, since you were kind enough to start the thread. I feel like doo-doo. I am so sick of the fires. No amt. of staying indoors and allergy med. is helping.

I'm also about ready to gnaw off my left foot. I have no idea what is wrong with it, and hope to wait until my scheduled appointments before pressing for some type of more definitive dx. (New insurance needs take effect; I'm already having to pay 3 months COBRA, and new employer promised to reimburse but I don't want to run up any added costs, since I've already a whopping amt. to pay for my heart testing .)

I could cry, but I'd rather not. I might not stop.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM #3
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

tam
bobbi

i bought a case of kleenex at sams bobbi. we can cry together.

i'm still in non insurance h3!!. my back is worse. weird sx starting up again.

i "look" like there is nothing wrong, so my family doesn't understand.

my husband gave me the look like i am an idiot. i have a huge bruise on my leg. i have no idea what i did to get it. duh. my legs are numb. he said if i would lose weight i wouldn't get the strange patches of goose bumps that pop up. (odd shapes about a 1/2 dollar size, sometimes a little bigger. just pop up. not from cold.)

cheese..i need cheese with my whine.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM #4
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

oh.i forgot to be positive.

i am really enjoying my cup of coffee today. i wish we were together to share a pot.

on the bright side, i am growing my hair out and it's super healthy. all the supplements i am taking really have helped. not highlighting or bleaching have helped too. now to break down and get it styled....i'm skeeeeeeered about that.

so we can work on the outside when our bones are falling a part., we will be a bunch of pretty piles.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:34 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There's nothing that beats good hair, that's for sure!

Re: how your family behaves or regards your messed up spine? This is likely going to be "cold comfort" and yet it is such a recurrent theme among people with wiped out spines.

I've been going through this "stuff" since my early 20s - when it became so pronounced it couldn't be written off to a fluke or something - and it was totally crushing when my doctors also brushed me off. Like a psych. eval. was the answers. Not.

Years later, and people "get it." It doesn't, however, erase the pain that came from those who chose not to understand.

Time is the cure. As many age, they feel things they don't want to feel. Mysteriously, they understand.

When that happens, Curious, I just nod my head and bite my tongue. But I sure could rip a lot of people a new y'know what.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 PM #6
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

dealing with since i was 12. ugh.

i always stayed so active. despite the pain. being in good shape did help. i think that is where my husband get the lose weight bit. i'm not fat. a tad bit over average, but i was always on the little side before. it make for a big difference.

i'm just not going to put myself at risk and keep doing what i have always done. push myself too hard then pay the price. my family isn't used to that. they better though...pretty dern quick.

so we have a new club? tongue biters?

Old 07-19-2008, 01:47 PM #7
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
dealing with since i was 12. ugh.
i'm just not going to put myself at risk and keep doing what i have always done. push myself too hard then pay the price. my family isn't used to that. they better though...pretty dern quick.

so we have a new club? tongue biters?

You sound like me Curious...I push myself until I want to cry with pain and then push a little more.

Today will be a push day...gotta do dishes, vacume and sweep and mop. I will get it done. Has to be down...then I will go shopping...grrrr

Other wise I will have a good day, spending it with the Olhipie and kids...

You all take care and to ya!!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote