Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 06:52 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lower back, exercise for relief????

Husband has had on and off lower back pain for perhaps a year...the last six months it is coming more frequently.

Now, the pain is worse and he is beside himself. He is mostly taking Naproxen and it rarely helps. He went to my rhematologist who scheduled and MRI the other day and the results should be back any day.

He is usually okay in the morning, but it gets worse as the day goes on. It is REALLY bad after he has been sitting down for awhile. There are times he is in agony. Really sharp pain in the lower back, often radiating down his leg or legs.

Does anyone know about back pain? Particularly the sciatic nerve. I do think it can be partly influenced by stress. However, I also think there is something physically going on.

He is against taking narcotics, but might consider taking one on ocassion for really bad pain. What other medications and treatments are helpful?

Also...very important...I just got a book on amazon re: the use of exercise for lower back pain relief. Has anyone tried anything like this? Anyone had good experiences with physical therapy?

Thank you.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement