Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 10:10 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Newbie with some new test results

The last few months my chronic pain has change ( I have fibro to muddy the waters) to alot of nerve sensations in both arms, used to just be the right. I have numbness tingling, and burning in my arms, pins and needles in the right foot.

My recent mri, calls out spondylosis involving multiple levels, osteophytes on multiples levels, ALL cervical discsare dessicated, spurring at multiple levels, ophytesfrom C3-C7 encroaching upon the spinal chord. they say it is not myelopathy because it is encroaching while laying down in my mri, but my leg reflexes have become very hyper. I had a second shot today but going to a neurosurgeon next month for an opinion. I also have scoliosis, fibro, bursitis in my right hip. I'm wondering especially about the encroaching part. I looked at the mri and although I am NO professional it is definitely tight in there. Has anyone had anything similar and what did you do?
curly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-12-2008, 03:43 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would call your Dr. or maybe find another one? From what I have read hyperactive reflexes means myelopathy. Are you having any problems with losing control of your bowels at all - weakness in legs? Keep us posted on your condition and what your Dr. says. I'm very curious. In my MRI - mine says C6/C7 with ventral impression on the spinal cord - I don't know what that means. I do not have myelopathy from what I've been told. Right now, I just have pain in neck down shoulder, into arm and middle fingers. Sometimes tingling and burning feet which I've been dealing with since 10/07.

GOOD LUCK
Sandra. 38 yrs. old. DDD diagnosed 2004. Spine is a mess Cervical MRI-C6/7 significant protrusion impinging spinal cord-impingement on left C7 nerve and bone spurs; Thoracic MRI - Small protrusion T7/8 impinging spinal cord; Lumbar MRI -2 protrusions sitting on R&L S1 exiting nerve roots. YIPPY!
want2bwell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:04 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

wow your symptoms sound sooo much like mine but they so myelopathy. From what I can see the vertebrae and disks are very close to the spine but not touching. But I wonder, that's laying down. Sitting gives me more symptoms. No loss of bladder control thank goodness! Your description of pain sounds like mine, only it varies by the hour, which side hurts more. My lumbar is in good shape and they think the leg symptoms are from muscles in spasm or shortened because I have scoliosis. I have bone spurs from like c-2 to c7. Discs are desicated in my spine and they said my spine was encroaching. I did make an appt with a neurosurgeon. I feel the pain management doctor would give me shots until I have myelopathy. I want someone who knows the spine the best to look at me. Want2bwell, how do you manage it?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:39 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I wonder

if they should do one of those mri's on me. I find if I lean forward it triggers my right arm pain where it didn't used to be that straight forward. Does anyone know anything about those. Or even the ones you can sit it.

Tags
dessicated, fibromaylgia, osteophytes, spondylosis