advertisement

Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PN on one side?

I've had neuropathy as most of you know for about 2 years. I also have a spondylarthropathy (arthritis in the lower back and sacro. joints). I've also had extreme pain in the left pudendal nerve area for about a year. In the last week or so, I've noticed that it seems that my neuropathy is in my left lower back area now. My neuropathy has always been on both sides to about the waist, but it seems that the pain is worsening and spreading on one side. Oh..I also have it in both hands now. The gist of all this info is that I'm wondering if any of you seem to have more neuropathy symptoms on one side than the other? I just don't remember seeing anyone and I'm wondering.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-03-2006, 09:53 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Silverlady

I have a very migratory type neuropathy that is just about everywhere. But I always felt that my left hand was heaps more effected than my right one. Since the symptoms are very transient,and can appear almost anywhere, sometimes I have feelings of increased pain on one side. I have days with barely noticable symptoms,and then I have days of pain. It just doesn't really make sense sometimes.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not really migratory

Mine don't seem to be migratory. When they come to visit, they just move in and stay. My left foot was the worse when this began, then my left buttock area, but I did have pain on both sides. Now this new pain that seems like the rest of the PN has spread to one side of my back. Strange.

Thanks for answering,
Billye
Old 11-03-2006, 11:00 PM #4
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Lopsided

Hi,
My PN - when it first started - began overnight - I woke up with a completely numb right hand and foot - that never went away - and then progressed from there....... I didnt notice the spread so much until actual nerve testing was done because for some reason those areas seemed much more prominent (now its body-wide).....
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not so strange then

Well I thought this might be a clue in this mess. But it looks like I'm not alone. It had always been so symetrical that I just thought I was different. Thanks for letting me know I'm not.

Billye
Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mine is "predominately sensory axonal polyneuropathy, of length dependant nature". that means both sides (polyneuropathy), but I always feel the left side- is much worse than the right.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:10 PM #7
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I guess...

I'm like Bob, having the left a bit worse than the right, but in my hands its the leading hand, the right that's usually worse..or maybe I just notice it more.

Pain free moments to all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:31 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

PN can occur bilaterally or one side depending on the cause. A person can also have bilateral neuropathy in one area of the body, and neuropathy on one side of another area of the body. Neuopathies of cranial nerves caused by infection are very often on one side.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bob says: Mine is "predominately sensory axonal polyneuropathy, of length dependant nature". that means both sides (polyneuropathy), but I always feel the left side- is much worse than the right.

Well this is EXACTLY my situation. I have the same diagnosis, but my left side is way way worse. I think that's because I have more arthritic disease on the left, because both the left arm and left leg are worse than the right.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:57 PM #10
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default With my onset what ....

REALLY freaked me, was waiting in the ER, being told I was a lo priority, by, CLERK, w/obviously not professional training... and having my neuropathy and acute pains move up from below the ankle bone to the knee at the 12th hour of 15- I waited before seen/triaged...I believe, after the 13th hour, I walked up to the ER waiting room and LOUDLY asked why? and that things were getting worse? this was about 2AM, I had a 'hand written note pad' turned around so I could view thru the 'yep' bullet-proof glass-oid to assure me Iwould be next on their priority list...I do believe IF I'd said Heart ATTACK! I'd have gotten in, as the 'place' aspires to be a cardiac treatment center. Maybe, because of the 'triage-neglect'? I mite have avoided all This! UMM, after I spoke up, 7 folks left the ER, some there from before me, most after I'd gotten there. This clerk, BTW, was ever so surprised I was admitted. Well, that took another 4-6hours? I dp NOT look forward or ask for the 'Oh, Gee, Let's spend the DAY at the ER route, unless truly necessary..as it seems they won't do anything other than 'stabilize' you and kick you out,,, even tho.

Thing is, from all I've read, gathered, learned, intuited or whatever...soo many variables can come into play...it's a durned gamble if ANYONE ever finds out ANYTHING about US. Seems the only ones who TRY are US. What's all that POGO Said? Someone else please, quote that all!

Billye, seems it's a solid maybe as to right or left or super equal. In my case, it's the left more than right and am right handed...Stroke? Duh, no indications or whatevers. go figger? Still compensating after all these years? Do you have good dice to roll? That is my take.

Pain Free what-evers! - j

PM me if'n you want to know the hospital...

Last edited by dahlek; 11-05-2006 at 11:05 PM.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote