Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 05:24 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default more on possible vaccine link

In an earlier post there was a discussion about leaky/compromised BBB. I am reading a book called "vaccine safety manual" for parents and practitioners, with a forward by blaycock, which I mentioned in that thread.

I have hit a part of the book discussing the disputed link between vaccines and autism, which has been in and out of the mainstream news media for years. Well, in this book, the writer, who has researched the subject of vaccines for twenty years, decided to see if a population where mass vaccinations were NOT in place had similar rates of autism. He went to the amish community, which shuns modern medicine and therefore does not vaccinate its newborns/children, and found only one case of autism, when he should have, statistically speaking, found at least 123. The most damning part: this lone case was a little girl adopted from China, who was vaccinated before entering this country.

I don't know that this information directly impacts on PD, it's just very interesting the mounting evidence of an unhealthy link between vaccines and neurological conditions (assuming PD is properly labeled such).
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (10-01-2008)

advertisement
Old 10-01-2008, 01:20 AM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Autism

Hi Lurkingforacure,
As you say, overwhelming evidence.
i did a search, and there is a lot of literature on the link between mercury exposure in infants, whose BBB is not developed.

http://www.ithyroid.com/autism.htm
"By age two, American children have received 237 micrograms of mercury through vaccines alone, which far exceeds current EPA "safe" levels of .1 mcg/kg. per day. That's one-tenth of a microgram, not one microgram."

Here is a list of neurological illnesses where a weakened BBB is blamed.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Protecting...sion&id=248791

"In the case of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, MS, ALS, autism, Alzheimer’s, lupus, and Lyme Disease, inflammatory proteins called cytokines cross into the brain. They do so through weakened areas of the blood brain barrier (BBB)."
This ref goes on to say,
"It is important to strengthen the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) against cytokine invasion. Cytokines will only cross the BBB in an area that it is weakened. Low levels of vitamin B, a deficiency of certain essential fatty acids, and a viral infection, like a cold or flu can weaken the blood brain barrier.

Diet and dietary supplements can strengthen the brain’s protective barrier (BBB) against cytokine invasion. Because vitamin C can strengthen capillaries and the blood brain barrier is made up of capillaries, it is reasonable to believe that vitamin C could provide the BBB with added protection. Additionally, animal studies show that flavonoids, like those found in blueberries, bilberries, and grape seeds can protect the blood brain barrier. These flavanoids can be purchased in supplement form. They are also anti-inflammatory, so they protect the brain by reducing cytokine levels and strengthening the BBB."

Ron
Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hence the diet treatment

Yes, and it is interesting that many parents have turned to chelation and special diets to try to repair the damage for autistic kids...most notably, the wife of actor John Carey, Jenny McCarty I think her name is, gave an interview claiming their son, who was rx'd autistic, is now so much better after a year of intesive chelation and dietary change, that he really is not manifesting any autistic symptoms at all. The medical community's response: he must not have been properly diagnosed to begin with. And there was no huge fanfare, no requests for interviews on any prime time shows, nothing, just one small interview that I happened to come across.

Perhaps the special diet helps repair the bbb so that the child is able to recover, in whole or part. It helps, of course, that this is being done at a time when the child is quite young, when I would think recovery would be easier to achieve. All very interesting. Wonder how many amish people have been stricken with PD? Anyone know?
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default this is from 2006

Wonder what he discovered?

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/reporte...x.html?ID=4810

paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Yes, and it is interesting that many parents have turned to chelation and special diets to try to repair the damage for autistic kids...most notably, the wife of actor John Carey, Jenny McCarty I think her name is, gave an interview claiming their son, who was rx'd autistic, is now so much better after a year of intesive chelation and dietary change, that he really is not manifesting any autistic symptoms at all. The medical community's response: he must not have been properly diagnosed to begin with. And there was no huge fanfare, no requests for interviews on any prime time shows, nothing, just one small interview that I happened to come across.

Perhaps the special diet helps repair the bbb so that the child is able to recover, in whole or part. It helps, of course, that this is being done at a time when the child is quite young, when I would think recovery would be easier to achieve. All very interesting. Wonder how many amish people have been stricken with PD? Anyone know?
paula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote