Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trig Sexul fantasies

I need to know if anyone has had sexual fantasies increase since getting PD. In my case I don't know if it's PD or the drugs that I'm taking. My sex life is down to zero but my fantasies have greatly increased to a point where it's gotten me in trouble. I've done something that I really regret, but when I did it, it was like I was having an out of body expirience and couldn't control what I was doing. I've never ever been this way before and i't really bothering me that I could do such a thing. I see my eufologist in a few days and will ask him what is happening to me.

I've had PD for about 8 years now and my body is stating to move all over the place. I'm cheweing the inside of my gums and my jaw is sore from clamping down on my teeth.

I can handle all the rest of the stuff, but those fantasies are driving crazy.

I'd like to hear if anyone has had this problem and hear if there was a solution for it.

I need help guys and galls, I've offended a person that I love very much and I don't know if she'll ever forgive me.

I'm really ashamed of what I did and need support in the worst way.

Thanks for listening.

Claude

advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default It is the PD / meds

You don't say what you are taking, but if it includes one of the agonists you can bet it is involved. Also, mucuna (especially if combined with an agonist) can drive one up the wall. I, literally, found myself near losing control a time or two. If I had been able to walk, not a mammal within a hundred miles would have been safe.

Seriously, though, the dopamine pathways are woven through everything that brings pleasure. It is bad enough from the PD, but agonists multiply it by ten.

I don't have a reference handy, but if you google it and find a site confirming this, print it out and ask for understanding if nothing else.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:21 PM #3
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

more info -

[Parkinson's drugs increase risk of impulse disorders

Updated Wed. Jun. 25 2008 2:34 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

A common class of drugs prescribed to control Parkinson's disease symptoms increases the risk of gambling, excess shopping and compulsive sexual behaviour, a new study finds.

Canadian and American researchers found that study subjects who were taking dopamine agonist drugs, which help control movement problems, were two to three times more likely to have at least one of four common impulse control disorders. ]
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=&no_ads=

http://biopsychiatry.com/misc/sex-gambling.html

http://globalrph.healthology.com/par...rticle1105.htm
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mirapex has side effects that include compulsive behaviors, ie..Gambling, sexual, and shopping, etc
Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Claude, You are not alone with your fantasies, they drive me crazy. It must be the center of the brain affected by PK or the drugs I am on also. I also have a compulsion
for video poker and slots that I try my best to keep under control. I have gone down
from 3mg requip to 2mg which seemed to have helped! What a curse!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffb57@gmail.com View Post
Hi Claude, You are not alone with your fantasies, they drive me crazy. It must be the center of the brain affected by PK or the drugs I am on also. I also have a compulsion
for video poker and slots that I try my best to keep under control. I have gone down
from 3mg requip to 2mg which seemed to have helped! What a curse!
I have not gone astray as I'm married but the internet can lead to it's
own disaster.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:21 AM #7
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Strange Side Effects~

http://www.addictioninfo.org/article...nts/Page1.html

Mirapex and Requip are two of the drugs prescribed for Parkinson's disease and Restless Legs Syndrome, or RLS. They both belong to a class of drugs known as dopamine agonists, which mimic the brain chemical known as dopamine.

Dopamine works in the brain's movement and coordination centers, and it is also involved in the brain's pleasure response by reinforcing behaviors that provide enjoyment -- including drinking, drugs, sex and gambling.

So while drugs such as Mirapex can help alleviate the motor problems associated with Parkinson's, they may also encourage such impulsive behaviors, some doctors say.

"It is believed that these medications overactivate the pleasure centers of the brain in an unregulated fashion," says Dr. Melissa Nirenberg, assistant professor of neurology at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York.

"What has been almost as dramatic as the behaviors itself has been the fact that when you discontinue these medications, these behaviors stop."

I am very sorry the drugpharmas donot tell the truth about their drugs...

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sex drugs & rock'n'roll

Let me share a few of my personal thoughts. You are right to ask for help. Likely it is either mucuna or mirapex, get off the drugs, do it slowly, and work like hell to stay away from the black hole that will destroy your life. Believe me, no-one here takes your post lightly.

All addictions start our like candy. Delicious, beautiful, attractive and available everywhere (even for disables parkies.) Your wife, or whoever you hurt is probably scared, wonders where this is coming from, and feels betrayed. BUT you will be hard pressed to find any man or woman who will tell you what a great life they are having enjoying their addiction. 100% of the time it is a destructive force.

You are strong enough to overcome this, but don't underestimate it's power to destroy you for a minute. The easy awnser is :just don't go there. The words "easy" and "simple" are very close in our everyday use of the english language, but they are miles apart in application.

Make a serious committment to yourself to change what is going on in your head. Pray like heck for the hand of whatever you believe runs this universe to be there for you, and do whatever you need to do to make amends to anyone you've hurt with your behaviour. Then get on with your life. If you havn't stared a "spiritual journey" yet...this would be a good time to start one.

You always have the choice....no matter how grim the options seem. Exercise your freedom to choose. Good luck. rosebud
Old 10-07-2008, 08:37 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all for replying and understanding. I'm off to bed but tomorrow I'll give you the details on the drugs I'm taking.

Just to let you know, it was a week were I hadn't slept very well and my body was jumping all over the place, this was the first time this movement was that bad.

The person I offended was my niece, a niece that I love like a daughter. She won't talk to me anymore and it's breaking my heart. I really hurt her a lot, telling her I wanted to be her lover and stuff like that. I'm feel so ashamed, even though I know it wasn't me saying that stuff.......
Old 10-07-2008, 09:51 PM #10
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default i don't know if it is possible

and not knowing the age involved, but you might consider emailing her a link to this thread
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
Closed Thread