advertisement

Old 11-12-2006, 06:57 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gluten Free Flours In Quick Breads

I was wondering if gluten free flours work differently in quick breads. Is rising an issue? I have a great quick bread recipe for cinnamon bread that I loved when I was doing gluten flours, but haven't tried it without gluten flours.

Also do different types of gluten free flours work better for this purpose? Do they take longer to cook?

Also how about oils? I recently found out that I have an IgG sensitivity to coconut so I had to remove coconut oil. Olive oil is not an option either for me as I tested positive to it via skin testing. I use sunflower oil, but really would like to rotate if there are others out there. Corn, dairy, & soy are also out for me.

Thanks,
Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I use grapeseed oil (since olive is also out for me)

I haven't done much baking yet...still healing Though I'm planning to give it more of a go soon. Without corn, what kinds of flours do you plan to use? So far I've started experimenting with tapioca and rice flour. Its hard to find safe (corn free) rice flour, around here, though! I find rice flour needs to be measured "scantly" for the normal gluten. I tried it in pancakes and popovers, youngest was delighted, oldest LOVED the pancakes. One for one it made everything too dry.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote