Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 08:21 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Has anyone....

been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at first, then later found Parkinson's to be the culprit instead? I have always wondered why Amantadine made me feel better, yet never worked like Provigil (in the sense of keeping me alert). My muscle movements became so much smoother, although I felt just as exhausted while taking it. What criteria led to your Parkinson's diagnosis? I will find out soon if my M.S diagnosis was all a big mistake. I have flaring arms and leg movements with the classic (flat expressionless face) lately) and falling backwards often. My eye movements are very annoying too. Wouldn't that be something if I was misdiagnosed. Whew! At least I'll find out while I'm still young.
Hola is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was not diagnosed with MS, but was told possible MS. Then when my MRI's did not show MS, I was told there was nothing wrong with me by some doctors. I have a problem with my left foot that is sort of like foot drop that some people get with MS, but not exactly. I also had paresthesia and fatigue. It wasn't until I had trouble getting up from a chair without using my hands that a doctor started to consider Parkinson's. I was finally diagnosed with PD after 7 years of doctor visits when I was given Mirapex and was able to walk normally and get up from chairs easily. My PD has now progressed so that I can't do all that, but I am better with my PD meds than without.
Hola (12-01-2008)