advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 AM #1
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default my morning news paper ....

did anyone see in their newspapers the write up about Kurt Cobains cousin who is heading a suicide work shop??? He was singer for Nirvana he had bi polar too I believe. anyways I know that Megveg knows who I am talking about.His cousin Bev lives here in Daytona beach and is going to lead a suicide work shop....her quote-- "If we can get in with the youth and teach them good coping skills, help promote resiliency, build self-esteem then you are preventing suicide on the front end"
I found it intresting to be reading it after all of us talking about "it". If anyone would like me to mail them a copy of it let me know via P.M. me and I will send it.
I think its a short work day today and thats just what BMW needs.
PEACE
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-05-2008), mistiis (12-05-2008), Nik-key (12-05-2008), who moi (12-05-2008)

advertisement
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM #2
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

you know, I was never a big Kurt Cobain fan...and I apologize, not even after he died...

he and Courtney love were one of those "crazy" couples that really got on my nerves. Everything about them was public...from their fights to their love making to his glorifying his suicide.

First of all, let me say this, I am very sorry that he committed suicide. It was very tough on his loved ones.

But he was one of those that glorified it, he talked about it constantly, in his songs, in his interviews...

it was a self-fulfilling prophecy it seems.

OK, maybe someone would say that he was OPEN about it.

yes, we need advocates to talk about it honestly and openly. Sure...

but for me, and this is totally my opinion, he had the power to made it better, to speak for us, to speak for those that battle it and suffers from it.

But what he did, was that he GLORIFIED it...he made it "COOL"

after his suicide, I can't remember how many people, I know of two that were in the news that killed themselves because of him...

he became the pied piper....

(now BMW, I am very glad that you have posted this and I am NOT being critical of you, please KNOW that)

and I am very glad that his cousin have opened the workshop, that is awesome...

what she is doing is turning something that is negative into a positive and she IS doing the right thing by doing this...she will benefit more folks than Kurt Cobain and somehow, even in that event itself with this workshop, HE will save lives...

so, please know that ONCE again, I am GLAD that you've posted this and I'd like to request the article to be posted if that is ok with you and the mods...

I think it'll help...and with I sincerely hope that Kurt feels the peace and happiness that he longed for wherever he is now..

and that his family has been able to find some solace...I think he left a daughter, right?? I hope she'll be able to talk about it one day...

thanks, BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
did anyone see in their newspapers the write up about Kurt Cobains cousin who is heading a suicide work shop??? He was singer for Nirvana he had bi polar too I believe. anyways I know that Megveg knows who I am talking about.His cousin Bev lives here in Daytona beach and is going to lead a suicide work shop....her quote-- "If we can get in with the youth and teach them good coping skills, help promote resiliency, build self-esteem then you are preventing suicide on the front end"
I found it intresting to be reading it after all of us talking about "it". If anyone would like me to mail them a copy of it let me know via P.M. me and I will send it.
I think its a short work day today and thats just what BMW needs.
PEACE
BMW

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (12-05-2008), Nik-key (12-05-2008)
Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Trig

edit here to add ....I was reading the comments below the article and I think maybe a caution should be added . In paper just the Article. So some caution or warrning....

http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...ST02120508.htm

I should of just posted the link right off but wasnt thinking...to early and had go to work. I didnt know that my paper had on line links.

Moi No harm at all and you are right he did make suicide "cool". It is the loss and his cousin who will help.
I do Like The Foo Fighters which is what Nirvana became after Kurt commited suicide. But not my Favorite band just mmmkay thats all. John Lennon is A Favorite of mine .

Peace
BMW

Last edited by Burntmarshmallow; 12-05-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: edit to add caution / warning
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (12-05-2008), who moi (12-06-2008)
Old 12-05-2008, 05:21 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't have time to read the article so I might be saying something that's already been said...

dear Moi, I appreciate you asking understanding for having what you might have felt an unsympathetic opinion. In my opinion, you are very sympathetic to the cause, because, yes, this "star" was a hero to many - although he appeared to give hope to the fact that he was beating his demons.... sadly his actions proved that the demons won over. I think his death caused others to lose hope and that allowed the demon to swallow them up too.

I do think learning about depression and suicide is very necessary ... and I feel awful that in this case, it caused more losses.

No matter what we lose in life... we always, always want to figure out the whys and wherefores...

and I'm just rambling when I have a lot of things to get done...

Don't you sometime wish that being a human being wasn't so darn difficult?!!

xoxoxo to everyone,
Addy
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (12-05-2008), who moi (12-06-2008)
Old 12-05-2008, 09:31 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you ((BMW)) excellent article

I have read her book too Dying to Be Free

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
who moi (12-06-2008)