Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM #1
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Shocked does this bother anyone else like it does me

first howdy howdy all hope your holiday season is going well

Here in the swamp state of Illinois, we have yet another gov who is being possibly prosecuted for wrong doings.

First and foremost I must emphasize the importance of innocent till proven guilty. its one of the foundations to this gov. in 1762 the so called Boston massacre, which in turn was actually provoked by the colonist, no one would defend the soldiers in court and John Adams, some one admittedly oppose to England and all it stood for, was the only one who stood up for these soldiers, because they had already been called guilty with out a trail, and this was one of the major reasons the sons of liberty moved forward with our independence, all the unfair things the English were allowed to do on mere speculation. This being said, this is vital to our justice system, regardless of your personal feelings toward someone, INNOCENT till proven guilty.

a few lawyers not representing the Illinois Governor said so far all they have seen for evidence is hearsay. (granted they may not be privy to all the info) if this turns out to be false hearsay, the media and those involved have just ruin a persons life and also damaged the credibility of the state of Illinois

Third today the states attorney called for him to be removed, there is a reason for this, and its not because he is this or that,

Illinois has a 1.4 or 1.40 billion dollar bond issue pending, that they dearly need to help catch up on bills for medi aid and state programs that are 6 months behind. In order for this bond to be approved, there is one small stipulation, the Governor, the State Secretary, the States Attorney and the Treasurer all must be in office with out any legal proceedings pending or possible legal procedures pending.

Granted I could truly give a rats ***** what happens to Blod I did not vote for him and for a reason, but I will be the first to say this, a person in this country is innocent till proven guilty, do not forget this, it is vital to all of us to keep an open mind when dealing with legal issues.

Be glad you are not in France, you can go to jail forever without a legit trail and or until they have enough evidence to actually charge you, then try you.

i don't mean to preach but I worked for the post office for a long time as a carrier and unfortunately in our district you were guilty till proven innocent, this was the mind set of management, it bothered me a lot that they got away with it and still do, it also bothers me when someone famous or political is accused, they tend to be guilty thanks to sensationalism media coverage before they even get their Proverbial fair trail and day in court.

ok please send all hate mail to franksangel lol, seriously If I spark someone the wrong way with this, I am sorry but this country was founded on some basic and fundamental concepts and slowly we are letting some of them go by with no regard or the attitude of what diff can I make, well I am pretty sure this past election showed what a difference voting can make.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

Last edited by weegot5kiz; 12-12-2008 at 06:01 PM.
weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)

advertisement
Old 12-12-2008, 05:07 PM #2
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

please do not turn this into a dem verse rep issue thread my point is the basic constitutional rights of the individuals, not whether this party is right or that one, thank you. I will ask Chem to close it if thread goes bad. thank you.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

Last edited by weegot5kiz; 12-12-2008 at 05:31 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-13-2008), Doody (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:16 PM #3
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I agree Frank, that he should get a trial if it comes to that. I heard today on WGN radio that his lawyers think he'll beat the charges anway.

I wish he would resign though... His chief of staff did so today. Why would he resign if there wasn't some validity to all of this?

I also heard that if he resigns as opposed to being impeached, he might save his pension?

I know I've been guilty of calling him a snake here, and I shouldn't be doing that without knowing the whole story... But... does anybody want to bet a nickel?

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soxmom (12-12-2008), weegot5kiz (12-12-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:32 PM #4
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

I thought about that too, why did the one resign if innocent, makes you wonder

"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-12-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:36 PM #5
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I certainly agree with you that a person is innocent until proven guilty. People's lives can be ruined when that is forgotten. Remember Patsy Ramsey? God rest her soul.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-12-2008), weegot5kiz (12-12-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-12-2008, 09:17 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry to say that I haven't been following this story closely. But I'm with you innocent until proven guilty. The media, whatever the story, can tend to go overboard and in the end can ruin someone's life.
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-12-2008), weegot5kiz (12-12-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 PM #7
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I haven't been following the specific case or accusations...
but my thought is this,

He should step aside during and until any investigation is finished.
Hopefully the next in line to the governorship is not affected, if so then the next in line etc .. the chain of command thing.

Similar to police officers and others that get "paid" leave during an inquiry or investigation.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-13-2008), weegot5kiz (12-12-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-13-2008, 01:06 AM #8
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post

I know I've been guilty of calling him a snake here, and I shouldn't be doing that without knowing the whole story... But... does anybody want to bet a nickel?
No way! My momma always told me a fools bet was a bad bet!

Frank, I get what your saying but I have to stand by my original comments to you and Deb that day you were here. A snake is a snake and can't be turned into a furry rabbit. I personally think he's guilty. The phone tapes alone with the f bomb being tossed around like it was candy by both Blago and his wife made me sick. I can't hold that against them, I've been known to drop a few f bombs myself. But to take from the children at Memorial Hospital, unforgivable. The tapes prove it was Blago saying those nasty things and to me that is enough to discredit him.

Plus it's in his eyes. lmao That boy is going down.

Signed,
A voter who voted twice for Blago.

PS: If there is anyone to feel bad for it is his children. They will take the brunt of this whole terrible situation.
ewizabeth (12-13-2008), Kitty (12-13-2008), weegot5kiz (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-13-2008, 01:26 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also believe innocent until proven guilty.

This probably runs deeper than any of us even know, and I think there needs to be some accountability for these politicians. It is good to see these people getting some heat because it might make them a bit more honest.

We need to keep their feet to the fire, this whole big mess this country is in, is because of these politicians greed.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-13-2008), SandyC (12-13-2008), weegot5kiz (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)
Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM #10
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am not from Illinois, but watching this play out on the news just burns me. The man has a right to trial and a chance to prove his innocence. The tapes we've heard referenced do NOT show the whole case. The feds would NOT have moved forward on this without conclusive proof that there IS a case.

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that if he is guilty, he will need a bargaining chip. That will be his office and the Governorship. He will testify as to his guilt, provide information on all others involved, and walk away with a resignation and his pension before he is convicted. While he may serve jail time, he will have protected his ***-ets and his family's future. The Illinois State Atty General is moving right now to take away his ability to appoint a new person to Obama's Senate seat. That will be the main move right now, to ensure that whomever is appointed is not involved in the "bidding" for the seat. Unfortunately, this may also mean that someone who was qualified to take the seat and who would have done a good job, may be eliminated because they had some contact with the governor, even if it was only to ask about being appointed.

I truly hope that there was no involvement by Obama or any of his staff. The country does not need any more scandal. We need a leader who can step up untainted and take charge and get this freakin' mess sorted out for the good of the USA as a whole.

I also want to know who stepped up and blew the whistle on the whole operation and got the investigation rolling in the first place. Kudos to that person for doing the right thing and reporting the whole mess!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-13-2008), SandyC (12-13-2008), weegot5kiz (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)