The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Wow!!!!!!!!

I got this new computer from Sam's Club a couple weeks ago. Less than a thousand bucks. 1,000 G-byte memory and this 24" wide screen monitor. This monitor - I can't believe how BIG the screen is! I remember when TV's cost a fortune to be this big!

I don't know why this just excites me so much. Now I want a 30" monitor! Or a 42" monitor. Dual 42" monitors! The sky's the limit!

We got this monitor at work. I don't know, maybe 15'x15'. Whatever the big screens are in the flight control rooms. Actually, we got several in each mission control room. I want one of them! And a house that'll fit the requisite bat cave (the dark room where the projectors are).

Where was all this stuff when I was 20?????????

Tom
freeinhou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (01-13-2009), Jodylee (01-13-2009), NurseNancy (01-14-2009), SallyC (01-12-2009), soxmom (01-13-2009), Twinkletoes (01-12-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-13-2009), weegot5kiz (01-13-2009)

advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So happy for you! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:09 PM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I think it's a guy thing, Tom!!! My DH is obcessed w/BIG TV's. My DS is visually impaired and he has a really big pc monitor. It's like a drive-in to me.

I just got all giddy over my new heating pad.

Good to see you posting..

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (01-12-2009), Jappy (01-13-2009), SallyC (01-12-2009), Twinkletoes (01-12-2009)
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 PM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Whoopee!! You little boys and all your toys..LOL.....Congrats!!

LOL at DiM...heating pad..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 PM #5
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeinhou View Post
I got this new computer from Sam's Club a couple weeks ago. Less than a thousand bucks. 1,000 G-byte memory and this 24" wide screen monitor. This monitor - I can't believe how BIG the screen is! I remember when TV's cost a fortune to be this big!

I don't know why this just excites me so much. Now I want a 30" monitor! Or a 42" monitor. Dual 42" monitors! The sky's the limit!

We got this monitor at work. I don't know, maybe 15'x15'. Whatever the big screens are in the flight control rooms. Actually, we got several in each mission control room. I want one of them! And a house that'll fit the requisite bat cave (the dark room where the projectors are).

Where was all this stuff when I was 20?????????

Tom

I love stuff like that too!

I'm going shopping tomorrow to replace my 32 inch LCD tv that turned itself into a radio a couple of weeks ago. (it's backlight died) Best Buy finally called me back with the authorization to exchange my tv. (it died while still under manufacturer's warranty....didnt even have to take advantage of the 4yr warranty we bought for it)

They said that I could upgrade the tv if I pay the difference. I am SO tempted to go bigger. Or maybe a little fancier? I would have gotten it tonight but we had a blizzard this afternoon. We left just as it started snowing, and before I got to the end of the street, it was white-out conditions. We went out to lunch at Panera down the street instead.

I cant wait to go tv shopping tomorrow (barring another blizzard)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 AM #6
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My first 'computer' was a webtv. It was actually a web browser that you hooked up to your TV. It was all remote so you sat in your recliner with you keyboard and broused on your 27 inch or whatever size TV you had. I guess it is kind of like how all you lucky guys that have laptops do. I watch TV, then come in my office and get on the computer.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's real easy to use your tv for a monitor these days (so long as it's a fairly modern one). All you need is a video card that supports tv out or, even easier, an S video cable. Works well with laptops not so good with desktops.

It's a happy day when computers are so cheap for so much!
copaxone 3/08 - 11/08
relapse 5/08
relapse 10/08
rebif 2/09
Minocycline 6/09
Not a damn thing 7/09
"Where's my Uranium PU36 Explosive Space Immune System Modulator?"

KAOheim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:38 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I love stuff like that too!

I'm going shopping tomorrow to replace my 32 inch LCD tv that turned itself into a radio a couple of weeks ago. (it's backlight died) Best Buy finally called me back with the authorization to exchange my tv. (it died while still under manufacturer's warranty....didnt even have to take advantage of the 4yr warranty we bought for it)

They said that I could upgrade the tv if I pay the difference. I am SO tempted to go bigger. Or maybe a little fancier? I would have gotten it tonight but we had a blizzard this afternoon. We left just as it started snowing, and before I got to the end of the street, it was white-out conditions. We went out to lunch at Panera down the street instead.

I cant wait to go tv shopping tomorrow (barring another blizzard)
We got a 50 inch plasma for a fantastic price at Best Buy. I went in with a print out of Amazon's price and requested that BB come close to that price or I was taking my business elsewhere. It worked, they actually went a bit lower than Amazon! I did my research before we bought plasma. We are extemely happy with it . Retailer's are desperate for business plus we paid cash, which always helps. This was our Christmas gift for the whole family. I actually spent less than I normally would for gifts for everyone. It's a Panasonic btw. Tom, congrats!! That is one gigantic monitor! . I don't think it would even fit on my computer desk, lol.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-13-2009)