Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:25 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused HELP I am SO confused

I need a bit of help translating a MRI that I had today. I am a nervous wreck and will not be able to sleep until I get some feedback! I had my neck (c4-C5 and C5-C6) fused 2 years ago and knew at that time that C6-C7 was also herniated. Now with that being said the MRI that had today says:
There are postsurgical changes there is some metallic susceptibility artifact which partially limits evaluation of the central canal anteriorly on the axial sequences.
Stable shallow left papcenteral disc herniation at c6-c7 with minimal anterior indentation on the thecal sac.
Sorry it is so long but if anyone can help I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks
callista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 01:44 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face I like the word "stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by callista View Post
I need a bit of help translating a MRI that I had today. I am a nervous wreck and will not be able to sleep until I get some feedback! I had my neck (c4-C5 and C5-C6) fused 2 years ago and knew at that time that C6-C7 was also herniated. Now with that being said the MRI that had today says:
There are postsurgical changes there is some metallic susceptibility artifact which partially limits evaluation of the central canal anteriorly on the axial sequences.
Stable shallow left papcenteral disc herniation at c6-c7 with minimal anterior indentation on the thecal sac.
Sorry it is so long but if anyone can help I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks
Unfortunately callista I don't know much about post surgical changes in MRIs. I appologize. Has your doctor gone over these changes with you? Have you seen your original sugeon or another NS or OS about this? You shouldn't be left in the dark about this. That happened to me as well, and I actually had to go outside of my insurance company for answers to my MRI questions. I can relate to your fear and concern! I hope and pray that all is well. The part that I like about your MRI report is that is said that your C6-7 herniation is "stable." I am no doc so my assessment is just a guess, but I think that "stable" means that it isn't getting worse. That is a good sign because as you probably know, fusion surgeries can put lots of pressure on the areas above and below the fusion. Let me know how things go, okay callista? PM me any time.
neckasorus
neckasorus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote