Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 05:01 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trig Help

Hi i am sherry and i am on a roller coster ride my life is very crazy right now and i do not know where to post so i hope it is not in the wrong area if it is forgive me! Well i am a mother of 2 sons one 28 the other is 29 years old i have no one to talk to so hear i go.On Dec 2 2007 My son the oldest one killed my ex- husband with a machette in Palmer,Alaska and then turning on his fathers girl friend and hacked on her the State of Alaska never did nothing to protect me not him from his father he abused me pulled me down stairs by my hair hand cuffed me in the basement ect..... He beat both my son and my self and put him down very badly he was a drinker and a doper in no means do i think it is right what my son did no i do not.I am seeing a Doctor now for depression now and have very bad anixity atacks i have a assist dog he travles every where with me and to the court room in Palmer , Alaska now the judge here in Anchorage will not allow me entry to the court room with my dog a small poodle saying he dosent allow a doggie day camp asked me what was a medical need and i do not have to ancwer that hippa law pt. privicay act i have never been refused entry to any where and feel like i can not go with out my dog the with me eases the anixity i have and i feel like i do not know where to go for help with this i know fed. law over rules state law and i have rights he stated my dog is not school trained and no paper work but i have a letter from my Doctor he is not a dog for the blind so i dont have to have him schooled i just hope some one can point me in the right area where i need to go to be able to be let in with my assist dog my son also shot 3 people here in Anchorage i am very sad what he did i do not agree with what he did but i do love my son and have every right as a mother to be there he will be in jail for life and my heart is so very hurt no one will ever know just how bad i feel in side.I miss my son more than words could say. for me not to be able to go to this part of the trial is unfair and wrong and somthing i will have to live with for the rest of my life.Like i told his lawyers in Palmer kids just do not wake up and say i am bored i think i will chop up my father. my son Erin has been in 2 burn units for his father and the State of Alaska knows and has all the proofs of abuse and hospital records i wish not to set him free no not at all i think they need to look at some mental help but there not not to be free . i hope some one could give me some help in the area of assist dog refusal entry to a court room what i can do if your just gona put me down and tell me off please do not reply i feel bad enough and need postive feed back where i can go Thank you for allowing me this time to write and for you to read this Sherry
sherryklly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-13-2009, 06:18 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Sherry,
I'm so very sorry with all you have been going through.

We have a forum here concerning Service & Support Animals Forum
I wish I could give you more information about the assist dog, but I live in Australia, a long way away, and I've no idea what to suggest right now. However, I'm sure there are people who check that forum who would have more information for you.

As well as posting here, I would also suggest that you may find some very supportive people in the Survivors of Suicide Forum
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-13-2009), sherryklly (03-13-2009)
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 PM #3
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hello Sherry
welcome to NeuroTalk tho I am so sorry to hear what brings you here

I see Lara has given you the link to the service animals forum and the SOS group and I hope you will find the information and support that you need for your support dog as well as for you .This must be so very very hard for you

I will be praying for you and your son. May God work miraculously in this whole situation and bring blessings even in the midst of it all

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:51 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR MESSAGE these are very hard times for me i will look at the web sites that were left for me
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

WOW Sherry, what a Horrible situation you are in! I'm so sorry for all the abuse & sadness that everyone has & will have to endure. I can't even begin to imagine how badly you must feel as a mom. My prayers are with you. I'm very new here but these people are so caring & extremely helpful! I know you will find your way. Stay strong.
gardengrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:54 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default laura thank you this may help me out

Laura thank you i think thius may help me out my dog dosent have to have any schooling has i can see it is medicaly for me thank you a lot Sherry
Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 PM #7
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

That's ok, Sherry.

I know there are a few people who use the Service Dog forum who have a lot of knowledge. I hope you get some answers or information about your dog.

You take care of yourself there. It must be awfully difficult for you right now.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 PM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hello dear Sherry,

Well, unfortunately, I know nothing about animal law in your country So, I might be useless for you...

But I will do the only thing I can do for you now:

Pray
and
send you hugs !!!!!!

Im sure you will find tons of help in this forum as I have

XOXO
God Bless !
BlueMajo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:36 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sherry, my heart goes out to you. I hope that you found the information you needed. Are you seeing a counselor? They might be able to help you with these questions as well. I can not imagine being in your shoes right now. It has to be more than overwhelming. I have sent my prayers for you and your children. I hope you will all find some peace and strength as you work through this nightmare.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 PM #10
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Praying for you, my dear.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote