Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In April 12-18, 2009

Hi Everyone..Sorry this thread is late

The weather sucked all last week..Either rain or wind or both everyday, so I didnt get out fishing, and didnt get out of the house much either

I saw my neuro last Monday, and had the best examination in 5 years..I felt almost no symptoms last Sunday night, and almost all day Monday..So my Dr said to stay the course, except for a tremor Ive developed in my right leg that has been driving me bonkers..Then my right arm wants to twist up with dystonia at the same time..My Doc suggested Amandadine if it doesnt stop, because he doesnt want me chewing Sinemets like candy everytime it does its dance..So Im gonna give him a call today

I have had some very tough days lately..Figures when I got to the neuro I am feeling fine....I got up out my chair at the computer the other night and almost landed on the coffee table, and theres some glass panels on it..My pd had become very unpredictable lately, and I suspect it is a direct result of carrying some underlying emotional baggage around..But as I like to say.."This Too Shall Pass"

Well, the sun is out and I need to get out in the yard and pick up after myself, cuz it looks I'll be cutting grass next week

How was your week?

advertisement
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default good morning PD world

Well another Easter come and gone, and I snitched some chocolate eggs after all.They may not have been good for the body, but were great for the soul.

I'ts a holiday for some up here (union people and govt employees mostly) so I'm going to try make a few phone calls and errands run. The weather is cool and yesterday was the greyest, darkest, wettest, Easter I have ever encountered. Not bad today though.

Anticipating a short week, and a long day of sunshine today (Hopeing anyway)

J
Old 04-14-2009, 11:47 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Typical spring weather for the South

Alternating warm 3-4 days with humid southerly winds followed by multiple lines of thunderstorms from the northwest, dodging tornadoes and hail, followed by 3-4 days gorgeous, sunny and cool days. Then it warms up again and the cycle repeats itself.

Took a Texas bluebonnet tour in a couple of weeks ago. Gorgeous! Fun visits with neices and sis-in-law. Introduced us to some new Scrabble-like games (four very sharp, competitve women, including my wife, and one not-so-sharp uncle, brother-inn-law, spouse) which I found less enjoyable than the bluebonnets.

Notified yesterday of receipt of 23andme sample in lab.

Spent today working in the back yard getting started on a 4'x8' square-foot garden and re-doing some landscaping with the help of a strong teenage boy from church who is a pal of our grandson. Lots of sun and fresh air. High temperature 70. Glorious!

May you all experience such a day!

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I spent Monday on the beach in Florida and then flew home Tuesday to cold rain and 47 degrees. It was hard to get warm even though the furnace was on. Fortunately, it is supposed to warm up here later in the week.

My 4 year old granddaughter gave me a marshmallow chick when I was saying goodbye. She was so cute. She is big enough now to understand we live far away and won't see her again for a while.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM #5
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

Chicory, do you have a webcam?

Kids love to talk to relatives on them. When my daughter moved away, she really missed my youger daughter and my grandson. The webcam kept them face to face almost daily.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart spittle...

I sent in my spit to 23and me.
I find the whole concept of the interrelationship of the whole world's population fascinating.
And I must be much more self absorbed than I like to admit - I love taking the surveys. I'm right handed, right footed and left eyed. I bet you all were as eager to know that about me as I was to put it in the survey.
I'm so old that I've very likely "come down with" most of the risky "bugs" in my DNA.
If I were very young, and if my children were very young I would not have wanted to see the risks.
In my grandchildren my genes are watered down with many other families' genes, so my genetic influence is small and it gets smaller in each generation.
I think the cure for PD will be found out to be simple and just around the corner - I think that because I want to think that.
Autoimmune - a kind of infection or a virus - and curable.
Hope the same for cancer: soon and simple. And while I am at it - the rest of illnesses. They shouldn't be here at all.
birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote