advertisement

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2009, 09:54 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Facebook can be funny and other updates

i posted this first in the clinical trials forum ...as if i could remember i was in a different forum after writing all of this. Not sure how i got from clinical trials to this.

Stevem is a multifaceted person, as we all are, but some express it more online...presently, i have been entertained in facebook by the posts of Joan Snyder. friend and shake,rattleand roll founder /and a returning friend "husband for a photo shoot," all around great guy, very funny Mike Vest, who has since had a DBS go in and then it came out. mike used to be racingbear or something like that here. Steve is furiously making videos and tonight he posted an educational one.

Since we are all so serious here. I thought it would fit right in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Pk1...layer_embedded

there are many more. i love to conceptualize a video but don't have good use of my hands. Have to ask someone else to do that major part. with our video with 23andme, i was worried about time, but things are changing so quickly, we already added a frame with the international announcement. so we are on an even keel and looking more broadly in scope.

I am posting pwnkle's you tube again ...see pwnkle art and make sure you catch it from the very begining. the first picture of her is the carol i miss so much.

We all are still on a journey and there is much negativity. i try not to think about politics when posting because i know it will keep people from working together. i will look to see that more issues are addressed tho - PAN can't afford to hold a forum next year. Online communication is now needed - webcam. Amy is also leading CAMR - how about all orgs helping with the establishment of genetic analysis?

This is a sincere question, truly - why aren't the orgs doing what we are doing? Why such a struggle?

Next PAN forum [if?] a panel including patients, companies, orgs, and they all know each other could report what they have accomplished in two years. our goals and strategies need to be re-prioritized or updated.

Who is we? Newly formed collaborative relationships with transparency. i am not being defined as any one group exclusively, tho i will most likely represent PDF at places like BIO as the pipeline project becomes merged into a PDF advisory committee.

I don't like to be defined that way anymore. I am on one path and trying to merge them. Another night lol

i'm going to BIO in Atlanta. I'll share info on who has money to the people who need start up money. i'll be at the PDF table. Is it true Elton Jon is there? i haven't looked at it yet but hope to drag myself there with peg leading ....er uh.....peg closely behind......oh she's down..!

i w as approached two years ago ithink - by a couple from England, who said they had a natural substance that they think produces GDNF. That couple was phytopharm telling us about cogaine and looking for funding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfr-g_yNwe0

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 04-24-2009 at 10:11 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote