Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default harder than i thought :(

at first i thought that the surgery part was hard,but really all you have to do is go to sleep and let the doctor take care of the rest. what you should really worry about is the recovery, i say this becuse depending on what type of surgery you're having, there is a high chance that you might stay at the hospital for a while the nurses will bother you 24/7 and you might not get any sleep at all. i know all of this because i just had a scoliosis fusion last week. my nurse told me that it gets better and better everyday which i did not believe what so ever. i didnt notice that i was getting stronger until i was dischared from the hospital. i guess i was focused on the pain so much that i didnt see what great progress i was having. so when you're about to have any type of surgery,be prepared for alot of pain, but also try to focus on the good side of things too

~~MaryAnn~~ (if anyone asks im a 13 year old girl from cleveland and im new to this website and im hoping to make friends here

Last edited by Chemar; 06-29-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: edited for member privacy
xXsunni_nightXx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-10-2009, 01:19 PM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

MaryAnn...I'm with you on the recovery. I had my 5th back surgery this past October. I had tons of pain but I'm amazed at how well I'm doing. I don't think I ever did this well so soon after surgery.

When did you have your surgery?

Hope all is well...

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote