Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 PM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Weekly checkin...July 12, 2009

Well...yet another forgetful moment...forgot last week to post the weekly update.
I see I am going to have to put a sticky note on my monitor so I can remember to do this each Sunday!!

It has been a good while since I was bitten by my 7 yr old autistic grandson, but I did not escape this past week. It isn't a bad bit this time...we grandmothers just aren't speedy enough as we try to getr out of the way. The family rule with him is "stay clear of the mouth." What a challenge he is...every minute, every second of every day. Wednesday he didn't want to keep his clothes on and June he is in school all month. It was time for his bus to arrive and he was not happy and was a bit angry as he thought he was going in the car with mom who had just left for work. Oh my...if we only knew ahead of time what he was thinking!

Amy, my 11 yr old grand, was in an gifted classroom at Gettysburg College last week. They studied medieval times this summer. If I only had a brain like her's...wow! This week we have a date at the library to meet an author. She had to read the book over the past two week before meeting the author this coming Tuesday. Oh yes, and her goal in life (for the moment) is to be a Librarian (do you hear this Linda Herman!) Of course, I agree with this choice, but I added the thought of becoming a research librarian, much more fun...LOL She is a voracious reader as her mother was as a child and still is.

My daughter's both had birthday's the last update post. I may have already said this...I have such a wonderful memory. Must be all those ECTs...LOL. My oldest is now 39 and my middle kid is now 38...wow, where does the time go.

It finally stopped here in the southern corner of Pennsylvania and we had almost a whole week of sunny days

I guess that is it for my past week.

How was everyone elses week?? Or two weeks.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-12-2009, 08:45 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

well, I have been trying to get second opinion on my shoulder(s) No one will see me til the end of august. I am reduced to laying in bed and not moving. THis really sucks!! FOr those of yo who do not know, I had my left shoulder replaced on 2/5. It has been hell ever since.
We took my daughter Kate to UC Berkeley and registered her. I will miss her terribly.
CArolyn, my son Daniel is a high functioning Asbergers kid. I know some of the trials and tribulations we have gone through with him, so I can relate to your plight. DAniel is such a loving and inteligent kid, it is impossible to stay mad at him. Autisic kids can be a handfull to be sure though.

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks Charlie, we are never mad at Ollie (Oliver), he is a wonderful child and we hope view of him as high functioning hold true over the coming years. He is a very huggable, loveable person...and I might add, pretty cute too!

I hope you have some luck with shoulder. I know what you mean about having to wait. I have purple feet and ankles and have had to wait three months for the referral to the Rheumatoloist, even though my Internist office made the appointment. Already been cleared for vascular or nerve problems.

Carolyn
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my last two weeks

Hi Carolyn...I like this thread; thank you for re-starting it. Research librarians make lots more money; good suggestion!

Hi Charlie: I hope you find some relief for your shoulder soon. I had a frozen shoulder a couple of years ago and that was hell. Have you considered a pain management doc? That helped me...

As I enter my fifth month after diagnosis, I am settling into this strange new world. A routine is more or less emerging. I am noticing my body's changes with increasing interest and compassion and decreasing grief and guilt. And I am beginning to think about new projects again, which I suspect is a good sign.

My family and I spent a week in Rhode Island which -- despite a lightening strike, flash flood rescue, news crew and falling tree -- was quite enjoyable. Then, last week, I rested, processed the scary stuff, did the laundry and worked on furthering my pending SSDI application, which apparently isn't as assured as I had thought.

I also wrote a poem for Penny of Penny & John's chat room for newly diagnosed PWPs. That was fun! http://parkinsons-support-chat.org/w...Poem-for-Penny

Have a great day,
Rose

Last edited by rose of his heart; 07-13-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: additions
rose of his heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 PM #5
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default oh boy

more talent..this forum is full of it!!! lovely poem....thanks for sharing.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rose of his heart (07-13-2009)