advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 AM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default book forum membes and needs

Hi all,

The book forum is rolling and we are learning and assigning who want to do what.

We have senior advisorsand docjohn added those on the editorial list to the forum automatically, but to my knowledge this didn't include those who granted permission for posts to be used.

Advisors if they agree: suggested by bob and i added some.

bob - executive expertise
linda h - publishing and extensive research and writing experience; our book based on hers
lindy - writing, design, presentation, artistic creation, formats, visual aids, and experience. Represents the european community and can hopefully bring others from europe with their stories.
rick - if not you for alternative, then who? i have ideas and will contact people upon getting consensus
girija- unique researcher/patients perspective; research interpretation, the list goes on, you know why you are valuable; and can we call you a parkinson's researcher yet? have you begun your pd research?
paula - posters,[another thread will come], book content

I have asked for a complete list of those in the forum but in the meantime, if you want to do more than give permission to post, please sign up with Docjohn and let us know you are in the forum.

Here is a repeat of rick's list, i others may be missing or want to join:

Editorial: Rick, Fiona, Lindylanka, jcitron, bluedahlia, bandido1, chicory, LindaH, olsen, RLSmi, Shake 'em up, Sasha, Violet Creen, girija, LindaH, indigogo, Paula These people, to my knoweldge, have been added to the forum already. Let me know if you can't see it.

Posts: Fiona, Bluedahlia, Lindylanka, Sasha, Girija, bandido1, chicory, olsen, WendyS, RLSmi, Shake 'em up, Violet Green, TommyI, paula w, vlhperry, Ronhutton, indigogo,

Do any of those who agreed to post want to help? It's already starting to take form, there is so much to write about. With two people, maybe more to assist writers and liasons with researching and editing, this book could come together with something that resembles, no surpasses real world speed of production. Every job in the assembly line is extremely important and will keep anyone from being overburdened.

here are, again ,some suggestions, and comments welcome by those who join the project. we are hoping sasha, and this is the first she has heard it....lol..will take on the role [among others] of taking the names of those who want to join and passing them on to docjohn. there, haven't i put sasha on the spot but of course you can say no..but you are neutral and people will hopefully be comfortable contacting you. no pressure and certainly not the only thing you have to offer.

also was suggested but no consensus yet:

other administrative needs:

a volunteer for liason between book and orgs
- there will be a need for this about certain issues for clarity, accuracy and we may attempt to get statements from them. must be objective.

a volunteer to represent the global community and manage the content that comes from them. This person could also be a wpc rep - does that give you a hint of who we are looking for? there are a couple of you and you know who you are....one an outstanding writer and former regular poster, the other his european counterpart. However, there are others who could be partnered with them, such as two europeans i know with theories developed, one from England and one from France. but there are so many more.....we are especially hoping to hear from those who just read.

liason with pdresearch online and the NIH.
advisor on parkinson research/clinical trials

content recruiters - all of us.

personal comment [edited] this is only going to be attempted once, but i know others are busy elsewhere, and you really shouldn't volunteer if you aren't committed. I very much want to make this book an agent of change. But when push comes to shove, it's a personal decision of course. I think [and others can speak up if they do not agree please!] that if you are in here, you should contribute or please ask for your name to be removed. Perhaps at some point , you may realize this isn't for you, you are in over your head, become more ill and may need to step back for awhile. That's fine but please show the courtesy to give us a heads up. I think we should reserve the right to have names removed that do not contribute for an extensive period of time without contacting us.

this is something that will grow dear to our hearts. personal agendas checked at the door. teamwork is the key.

thanks,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sasha (07-16-2009)

advertisement
Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Paula: Good post. Hopefully we can add to the talent recruited thus far. Bob C
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question???

Paula and all -

sorry I missed this! Where do we go to sign up?

Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:55 PM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default an assembly line of competence and efficiency

pwp are not self- motivating. it takes caring bout each other and the project, teamwork, synergy. by golly i think we've got it in this book forum. expect to see your name peg. you are such a key player.

just send pm to docjohn and where have you been? so very glad to see you this is moving!

paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Paula and all -

sorry I missed this! Where do we go to sign up?

Peg

Old 07-17-2009, 04:03 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Where have I been?

Battling back pain, sciatica with a touch of depression - THAT'S where I've been!

But just like a boomerang - I'm Baaaaack!

I'll sign up pronto - thanks!
Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lindylanka (07-25-2009)
Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bumping this thread up

Hi, I'm bumping this thread up so that it does not go off the radar. The book project is progressing, and things are starting to move, and a team is developing.

If you are interested in contributing please follow this thread, and sign up.

We are looking at the present time for volunteers to contribute to researching the patient experience of diagnosis, and for anyone who has experience of the early days of this forum and it's forerunners, and the people who made it so special, and the incredible work that they did in raising the patient voice from nothing to where it is today.....

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
Hi, I'm bumping this thread up so that it does not go off the radar. The book project is progressing, and things are starting to move, and a team is developing.

If you are interested in contributing please follow this thread, and sign up.

We are looking at the present time for volunteers to contribute to researching the patient experience of diagnosis, and for anyone who has experience of the early days of this forum and it's forerunners, and the people who made it so special, and the incredible work that they did in raising the patient voice from nothing to where it is today.....

Lindy
Hi,

I'd love to help out but feel a little "out of the loop" as a noob. Anyway, I'm a librarian and have pretty strong research skills, so I'd love to help out in that regard or any other way you think I may fit in.

Could someone please post a summary of how this project came to be and exactly what the end project is? I ascertain from the posts that it's a book of collective patient experiences with PD?

Thanks!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Laura,
Thanks! It seems like this book project is a mystery to all! Please go to PD book forum for now, you might get a better idea. I think we (Paula, Bob, Linda, Lindy and I so far) will have a better feel for it in a day or two and we (Lindy, may be you?) will post the details here. Your input and help would be great!

girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:17 PM #9
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Laura,

We'd love your help and the reason it seems like a mystery is because it is private and you can't see it. All you have to do is give DocJohn your name in a private message and ask him to add you to the book forum. There is much to do and you would be welcome!

paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Hi,

I'd love to help out but feel a little "out of the loop" as a noob. Anyway, I'm a librarian and have pretty strong research skills, so I'd love to help out in that regard or any other way you think I may fit in.

Could someone please post a summary of how this project came to be and exactly what the end project is? I ascertain from the posts that it's a book of collective patient experiences with PD?

Thanks!

Laura

Old 07-25-2009, 04:28 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel like an idiot but how does one go about finding the Book Forum and also how do we send a private message to DocJon. As I said before, it's been quite a long time and things have changed.

I would love to help if you all are not convinced by now, that I am too stupid!!
pkell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote