Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > >

Post Vaccine Neuropathy Rabies Vaccine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
tnshopper
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default Post Vaccine Neuropathy Rabies Vaccine

Two weeks ago, I completed a set of 4 shots rabies exposure (bat bite). After each shot, I noticed slight tingling in my hands and feet and stomach pains, but I had to continue the shots. After the 4th and final shot, my symptoms immediately worsened.

Now two weeks later, I have tingling and numbness throughout my body--even my lips. I feel achy and sore all over, my jaw hurts so much I can barely open my mouth, and my brain feels like I'm in a fog, half asleep. I'm a very healthy 39 year old, and I'm now worried that this vaccine has ruined my life. A few days ago, my symptoms stopped getting worse each day, now I'm just living with the same symptoms above with no improvement.

I went to a neurologist, who tested my reflexes and said they look good but that I clearly have lost some sensation in my hands and feet. He ordered a brain MRI for next week. He's not terribly concerned since I don't really have weakness. I'm extremely tired, but I don't feel like my muscles are week.

Has anyone experienced this? Will this ever go away? I'm so scared and miserable. My daughters also had the shots and they have been complaining of legs pains and headaches ever since. I'm even more worried that my kids will never be the same. At least they don't have the nerve problems that I'm having. I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a similar situation. THANKS!
tnshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ATX_Man (07-28-2013), Jhanoh16 (07-24-2016)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
mrsD
Wisest Elder Ever
 
mrsD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 33,515
Lightbulb

I think you will have to go on PubMed and search for papers about reactions to rabies vaccine in humans.
We have a fast link at the top of the page in the upper right to PubMed.
I searched "rabies vaccine reactions humans" and got 172 papers
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...tions%20humans
I don't know if this link works, and if it doesn't you may have to repeat the search yourself. Sometimes website software does not work 2nd hand.

Also on Google.
At one time rabies vaccine was the toughest one to get and caused lots of side effects. I don't know if it has been improved at all, so I can't really advise you.

The current vaccine says it is dead virus...so it may be the adjuvants in it that are doing the damage. Adjuvants stimulate the immune and inflammatory response, and they can be hard on people.
__________________
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.-- Galileo Galilei

************************************

.
Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017


****************************
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Kitt
Grand Magnate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,989
Default

Here is just one of many reputable sites on Google concerning rabies vaccine.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/rabies-vacc...e-effects.html

Of course, the alternative is death. Hopefully, things will turn around for you.
Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
tnshopper
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default Update

I'm sorry to hear that you've had similar reactions. The doctors all seem confused and surprised by my symptoms. I've been given no treatment. I had bloodwork done an MRI of my brain, but everything looks normal. It's now been 6 weeks since my final shot and my condition is pretty much the same, though I am feeling less fatigued than I was at the beginning.

My feet are swollen and painful, the veins even seem to be bulging. My left arm hurts and my fingers feel like I have arthritis. I also have tingling that comes and goes in my arms, legs, hands and feet--even in my face and tongue.

I keep hoping that this will all improve over time. It seems like a fairly common problem, but no one seems to know what to do.

Keep me updated on your condition.



Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcey View Post
i'm also having the same problem.it started with the final vaccine.(5th dose of rabipur).but earlier i had severe symptoms.now it's about 2 months after the last dose.now symptoms not severe,but still kind of burning sensation over the foots and early fatigue.i was prescribed only vit B supplements.hope it'll be dissappear.how about your condition and any treatment given to you.
tnshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Stacy2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,027
My Mood: Post Vaccine Neuropathy Rabies Vaccine
Default

I would start on all the supplements that are for nerves, like B12, Benfotiamine, Rlipoic, etc.
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
ATX_Man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnshopper View Post

My feet are swollen and painful, the veins even seem to be bulging. My left arm hurts and my fingers feel like I have arthritis. I also have tingling that comes and goes in my arms, legs, hands and feet--even in my face and tongue.

I keep hoping that this will all improve over time. It seems like a fairly common problem, but no one seems to know what to do.

Keep me updated on your condition.
Hate to bump an old thread.

However I have all of the same symptoms 3 weeks post vaccination from Imovax Rabies.

How are you doing? Any updates?
ATX_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
SaraBee
Newly Joined
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Exclamation please tell me how you are now

My daughter has her last rabies shot scheduled for August 21 (day after tomorrow). She has the symptoms described in this thread. Can the posters please get back to me about how they have fared since posting. Thank you.
SaraBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
Kitt
Grand Magnate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,989
Default

Welcome SaraBee.
Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
ATX_Man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBee View Post
My daughter has her last rabies shot scheduled for August 21 (day after tomorrow). She has the symptoms described in this thread. Can the posters please get back to me about how they have fared since posting. Thank you.
I am so sorry my spam filter caught this notification.

I am sorry to hear your daughter had a bad reaction.

My issues started with lower back pain that started 24 hours post vax and the over a few weeks turned into parathesia, tendon issues, joint issues, sleep deprivation, depression, tingling and numbness. I also started random parts of my body twitching and had joint stiffness in the morning on my left knee.

The neurologist that I went to thought it was all in my head. She performed an EMG and found nothing wrong with my extremities.

She kept repeating vaccines are safe and that the back pain was coincidence. Of course it's a very strange coincidence and I never had any of these issues I the 36 years I have been on this earth. But heck what do I know about my own body.

It's amazing how many Doctors are in complete denial over how once body can be affected by a vaccine.

Anyway this went on for 3-4 months pretty good. The tingling and numbness started to subside. Happening less and less. Every flare-up was depressing but overall it was getting better.

My back on the other hand still hurt every day pretty bad. The neurologist that thought it was all in my head sent me to physical therapy. After 4 months of therapy and very little help I decided to break from my neurologist and went to see an orthopedic doctor.

The new doctor shared with me that she had seen this. An arthritic flare in the hip of a man that had a flu vaccine. She sent me to an MRI and what it revealed was an arthritic condition my lower back.

About 6 total months after I experienced back pain I had a pain free day... Of course that happiness was erased the next day when the pain creeped back in. However I started getting pain free days... Then a few in a row... Then weeks pain free!

I am sitting over a year post vax and I feel 99.9% back to normal.

I remember how depressed I was and the crazy ordeal I went through by my daily body journals.

Tell your daughter to take a deep breath and this will pass.

It will take some time. Progress is measured in months not days.

Have your daughter eat non-processed/whole foods and rest.

I did end up connecting with TNShopper via PM and she had the same experience and almost the same time table.
ATX_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (09-03-2014), hopeful (09-03-2014), mrsD (09-03-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #10
SaraBee
Newly Joined
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Default rabies vacine aftermath

Thank you for your reply. My daughter had her last shot two weeks ago. Her tingling symptoms have not worsened so we are optimistic that they will resolve. Thank you again!



Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_Man View Post
I am so sorry my spam filter caught this notification.

I am sorry to hear your daughter had a bad reaction.

My issues started with lower back pain that started 24 hours post vax and the over a few weeks turned into parathesia, tendon issues, joint issues, sleep deprivation, depression, tingling and numbness. I also started random parts of my body twitching and had joint stiffness in the morning on my left knee.

The neurologist that I went to thought it was all in my head. She performed an EMG and found nothing wrong with my extremities.

She kept repeating vaccines are safe and that the back pain was coincidence. Of course it's a very strange coincidence and I never had any of these issues I the 36 years I have been on this earth. But heck what do I know about my own body.

It's amazing how many Doctors are in complete denial over how once body can be affected by a vaccine.

Anyway this went on for 3-4 months pretty good. The tingling and numbness started to subside. Happening less and less. Every flare-up was depressing but overall it was getting better.

My back on the other hand still hurt every day pretty bad. The neurologist that thought it was all in my head sent me to physical therapy. After 4 months of therapy and very little help I decided to break from my neurologist and went to see an orthopedic doctor.

The new doctor shared with me that she had seen this. An arthritic flare in the hip of a man that had a flu vaccine. She sent me to an MRI and what it revealed was an arthritic condition my lower back.

About 6 total months after I experienced back pain I had a pain free day... Of course that happiness was erased the next day when the pain creeped back in. However I started getting pain free days... Then a few in a row... Then weeks pain free!

I am sitting over a year post vax and I feel 99.9% back to normal.

I remember how depressed I was and the crazy ordeal I went through by my daily body journals.

Tell your daughter to take a deep breath and this will pass.

It will take some time. Progress is measured in months not days.

Have your daughter eat non-processed/whole foods and rest.

I did end up connecting with TNShopper via PM and she had the same experience and almost the same time table.
SaraBee is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-04-2014)
Reply

Tags
aches & pains, jaw pain, numbness, peripheral neuropathy, tingling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaccine injury and Peripheral Neuropathy: mrsD PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments 24 02-15-2015 09:30 AM
Post vaccine neuropathy Liftyourhands7 Peripheral Neuropathy 7 12-16-2014 09:00 PM
Adverse effects from rabies vaccine? Tom5C Parkinson's Disease 2 12-07-2014 09:36 AM
rabies vaccine and nerve system HopeHunter General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders 0 08-15-2008 04:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy