Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > >

My SFN Story

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #21
DavidHC
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 698
Default

Interesting. I wonder if certain of my symptoms would disappear from reduced salt. What kind of salt were you consuming? I've so far seen no connection between my salt intake and symptoms, but plenty with glucose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillHoping View Post
I started to keep on a healthy nutrition with very low salt intake more than 10 years ago. I tried a few times (before this nutrition, and again recently) a treatment to POTS with high salt intake (2000-3000mg sodium for day).
The salt increased my dryness and caused many gut symptoms, it improved greatly when I stopped the treatment and reduced the salt.
DavidHC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:49 AM   #22
stillHoping
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Interesting. I wonder if certain of my symptoms would disappear from reduced salt. What kind of salt were you consuming? I've so far seen no connection between my salt intake and symptoms, but plenty with glucose.
As far as I remember from your posts, my nutrition is very different then yours. I am vegan, I eat veggetables, fruits, unprocessed carbs, legumes, nuts and grains. Almost no processed, fried or smoked food, I hardly add salt to my food (I guess my daily sodium consumption is about 500mg), or eat spicy food. I get most of my fluids from the veggie and fruits so I don't drink much.
When I started this diet all the Sjogren's like symptoms improved/disappeared and I thought for a while that I was cured.
I stopped using eye drops (I had punctal plugs and used to put eye drops and gel many times each day), the dry skin, nose and skin greatly improved, the joint and muscle ache, and the low grade fever disappeared, the POTS improved and I had more energy.

But I still developed Lymphoma, SFN, and debilitating fatigue despite of many years with that nutrition...
Who knows whether the nutrition helped or not with these.... I don't have a control group...
stillHoping is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #23
DavidHC
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 698
Default

Right, that's true. My diet is paleo ketogenic. I consume plenty of quality sea salt, almost entirely pink Himalayan salt. I wonder how you'd do on such a diet. I wonder how I'd do with less salt. My face symptoms have gotten worse, but that could also be due to the cold weather, which especially affects my eyes and the watering.

I'm sorry you continue to develop such health problems, and as I've said before I hope you find relief soon. Keep hoping! I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do hope I keep improving. I don't know what to make of some of my symptoms that seem to be getting worse. My energy levels are much better though since I've been supplementing with B12 and B complex.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stillHoping View Post
As far as I remember from your posts, my nutrition is very different then yours. I am vegan, I eat veggetables, fruits, unprocessed carbs, legumes, nuts and grains. Almost no processed, fried or smoked food, I hardly add salt to my food (I guess my daily sodium consumption is about 500mg), or eat spicy food. I get most of my fluids from the veggie and fruits so I don't drink much.
When I started this diet all the Sjogren's like symptoms improved/disappeared and I thought for a while that I was cured.
I stopped using eye drops (I had punctal plugs and used to put eye drops and gel many times each day), the dry skin, nose and skin greatly improved, the joint and muscle ache, and the low grade fever disappeared, the POTS improved and I had more energy.

But I still developed Lymphoma, SFN, and debilitating fatigue despite of many years with that nutrition...
Who knows whether the nutrition helped or not with these.... I don't have a control group...
DavidHC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #24
GeorgeQ
Newly Joined
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Right, that's true. My diet is paleo ketogenic. I consume plenty of quality sea salt, almost entirely pink Himalayan salt. I wonder how you'd do on such a diet. I wonder how I'd do with less salt. My face symptoms have gotten worse, but that could also be due to the cold weather, which especially affects my eyes and the watering.

I'm sorry you continue to develop such health problems, and as I've said before I hope you find relief soon. Keep hoping! I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do hope I keep improving. I don't know what to make of some of my symptoms that seem to be getting worse. My energy levels are much better though since I've been supplementing with B12 and B complex.
Hello David,

I am experiencing a similar situation and I found this thread, after these three years how is your current condition, hope fully better,

Want to share with you my experiences hopefully you see this message
GeorgeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #25
DavidHC
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 698
Default

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're in a similar situation to me and that you had to seek our this thread. I haven't even looked at it in years. But since you asked about it, I'll try my best to look it over and write an update about my disease and to say where I've at now with the medical care I'm getting, which is really no medical care. Here is something in the meantime that I wrote on here recently, though it only touches on my disease per se: The Amazing Benefits of CBD: The Non-Psychotropic Cannabinoid and Neuropathy.

Feel free to share on here or to message me. I'm not on here as much these days, but I try to check now and then.

Wishing you a good day,
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeQ View Post
Hello David,

I am experiencing a similar situation and I found this thread, after these three years how is your current condition, hope fully better,

Want to share with you my experiences hopefully you see this message
DavidHC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Story Nex88 Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome 3 03-07-2014 05:33 PM
My Story 94MTM Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome 9 12-01-2013 02:02 AM
Social Security News: Powerful TV Story On Backlogs (VIDEO Story) Stitcher Parkinson's Disease 1 07-14-2008 11:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy