NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   TV News (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249516-tv-news.html)

Brokenfriend 10-03-2017 09:20 PM

TV News

TV news has become very painful. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-04-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1252192)
TV news has become very painful. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Oh, Dear.

I understand. Until the news moves onto something else, watch less of it or stop it for a while.

I am listening to music, reading, and going on the computer to safe web sites.

M

Mari 10-04-2017 02:56 AM

Friend,

Lots of us are in this together.
It is too much for most of us.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Stay with your own program that works for you. Good luck.

M

mymorgy 10-04-2017 06:35 AM

I just joined netflix for 8 dollars a month. I am really tired of trump evading my space and the gun lobby is just too powerful.

Brokenfriend 10-04-2017 01:35 PM

The TV news has never been this unhealthy before. I've never been more shaken up by their hype, speculation, and their repetitiveness. It's never been so political.

There are a broad scale of bad issues that they are talking about all of the time now. I believe that groups of people are paying them to slant the prospective of the news. I don't think that this happened when I was growing up. There are no Paul Harvey's with the rest of the story anymore. He use to bring good out of the news. At the end of his show, he would say," Paul Harvey, Good day!".

I try to only get a little bit of news, then I change the channel. Sometimes I hear more then I wanted to hear.

As far a violence, I believe that CNN, and Fox have stirred up some people who are ticking time bombs to the point where they have committed copy cat crimes.

I think that this is awful that it happens. I don't know why some people become that way. I guess that they are sociopaths. This confuses people about mental health problems. They should never label us in the same category as sociopaths. I care about people. I care about their welfare. I wish for them to be happy. That side of me is normal like regular people who love their families, and neighbors.

I wonder how many suicides the cascading bad, and unhealthy news have caused. Awful. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 10-05-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1252224)

I think that this is awful that it happens. I don't know why some people become that way. I guess that they are sociopaths. This confuses people about mental health problems. They should never label us in the same category as sociopaths. I care about people. I care about their welfare. I wish for them to be happy. That side of me is normal like regular people who love their families, and neighbors.

When these horrible things happen people want to know why and they can't accept that some people are just evil, or like you said BF, people don't know the difference between sociopaths and people with mental illness...

So what if he was on Valium!!! What difference does that make?

People with mental health problems are more likely to become victims of violent crime than perpetrators, but nobody talks about that when these things happen...

Brokenfriend 10-06-2017 01:01 AM

I just read that about the valium. They were trying to say that the side affects could have caused him to kill those people. I believe most people could see through that. Most people know someone who takes, or has taken valium.

The News people are going to say anything that they can think up. He didn't become a homicidal maniac from taking valium. My gosh!!! It was a evil heart. Then the actions of a evil homicidal heart. How he got that way is a mystery. Hatred must have festered in his heart. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-06-2017 04:24 AM

I did not know about the Valium until I saw it here.
(Sometimes, I ask my sis about the news to save myself having to listen long enough to figure it out.)

=-=-

Please try to do something different. Music. Old t.v. Movies. Radio. Subscribe to channels on Youtube.

For a while I listened to Pandora all day.
There are other free apps that play music like Pandora does. Create a free account with your email or use your facebook
"I heart Radio." I do not listen to it but I believe it works like my Pandora does: iHeartRadio: Listen to Free Radio Stations & Music Online | iHeartRadio

Or else, listen to old fashioned AM or FM -- on a radio or online.

M

Mari 10-06-2017 04:39 AM

Months ago I went to twitter to pass time and get into a pattern that sort
of made me comfortable.

It relaxed me somehow, but it has started getting on my nerves so
I am going to limit it / skip days/cut it out/

M

OhKay 10-06-2017 07:12 AM

I used to be on Twitter a lot, but it got on my nerves, too.

OhKay 10-06-2017 07:56 AM

No more news…
Had to switch to cartoons.

I've had enough.

Mari 10-06-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1252329)
No more news…
Had to switch to cartoons.

I've had enough.

Good move!

I hope the cartoons work for awhile.

M

Brokenfriend 10-07-2017 12:30 AM

In the last two nights, I've been troubled from the news that comes onto Facebook. I've been deleting some of these posts. I might have to stop looking at Facebook for awhile, but that's where relatives communicate.:confused: BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-07-2017 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1252394)
In the last two nights, I've been troubled from the news that comes onto Facebook. I've been deleting some of these posts. I might have to stop looking at Facebook for awhile, but that's where relatives communicate.:confused: BF:hug::hug::hug:

Oh, dear!

Sorry.

I understand about family.

Maybe check FB less often and only stay for a few minutes.

N

Brokenfriend 10-08-2017 12:48 AM

I was trying to get a brief summery of the news on NPR news on the computer, and not the TV news.

I heard on NPR news that our president is going to try to make a compromise with Schumer, and try to repeal, and replace Obama care again.

This is scaring me again. I don't know what to think. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-08-2017 03:59 AM

What you heard is probably partly true.

But we all hope it will not pass. It will have to go through lots of
obstacles first.

Even if Congress does something, it can be undone with a new Congress.

M

OhKay 10-08-2017 07:35 AM

The Democrats will not make a deal to REPEAL the law, only fix it. They have been very clear about that. I think only/mostly the moderate Republicans will work with them, but that should be enough to make sensible/positive changes to the law :hug::hug::hug:

Does anyone know if there a way to get rid of the news posts on FB?

Mari 10-08-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1252443)
The Democrats will not make a deal to REPEAL the law, only fix it. They have been very clear about that. I think only/mostly the moderate Republicans will work with them, but that should be enough to make sensible/positive changes to the law :hug::hug::hug:

Does anyone know if there a way to get rid of the news posts on FB?

You can "unlike" and "unfollow."

Check to see if you did either of those.

M

Brokenfriend 10-08-2017 11:03 PM

This type of news triggers a type of worry that's like the panic attacks that started hurting me in my early teens. I can't seem to get it out of my mind when it happens. It's sort of a doom feeling. It lasts for a day, or more. It also may be connected to my OCD delivering a one, two punch. What ever it is, it grips me, and scares me. Our politicians seem to be heartless at this time. The News media doesn't care about us. They just want a story. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 10-09-2017 07:18 AM

I am sorry you are struggling friend. I wonder if there are any new OCD meds on the market?...Perhaps it is time for a change???? Ask your doctor or therapist. Maybe you could goggle new meds?
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

OhKay 10-09-2017 10:45 AM

BF, It could definitely be linked to your OCD and catastrophic thinking related to general anxiety disorder. I know that when these types of thoughts hit you they can be torturous. I'm so sorry that you have to struggle with them...

One thing that has really helped me manage those types of thoughts was not going on another med, but taking a small dose of seroquel in the morning. It is very good for OCD and anxiety, but it generally doesn't carry over from a nighttime dose to the daytime to treat that. It took me a little while to adjust to the sedation... now it just has a calming effect on me. It made a HUGE difference.

Brokenfriend 10-11-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1252524)
BF, It could definitely be linked to your OCD and catastrophic thinking related to general anxiety disorder. I know that when these types of thoughts hit you they can be torturous. I'm so sorry that you have to struggle with them...

One thing that has really helped me manage those types of thoughts was not going on another med, but taking a small dose of seroquel in the morning. It is very good for OCD and anxiety, but it generally doesn't carry over from a nighttime dose to the daytime to treat that. It took me a little while to adjust to the sedation... now it just has a calming effect on me. It made a HUGE difference.

That thinking was so tormenting in the 1980's, that I was thinking about somehow having my brain cut so that it would stop. I was waking up, and the thoughts were so tormenting that I didn't know what to do. At that time I was taking very little medicine. Honestly, it was torturous, and awful.

I'm on more, and better medications now. When I hear them talking about taking away healthcare, some of those type of thoughts have come back.

I wonder if the news people know how it affects us when they hype these issues up. I also wonder if the politicians have a heart left, or have their hearts grown cold. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 10-11-2017 10:13 PM

You have suffered so much friend.....
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

OhKay 10-12-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1252691)
That thinking was so tormenting in the 1980's, that I was thinking about somehow having my brain cut so that it would stop. I was waking up, and the thoughts were so tormenting that I didn't know what to do. At that time I was taking very little medicine. Honestly, it was torturous, and awful.

I'm on more, and better medications now. When I hear them talking about taking away healthcare, some of those type of thoughts have come back.

I wonder if the news people know how it affects us when they hype these issues up. I also wonder if the politicians have a heart left, or have their hearts grown cold. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Even though I'm on more and better meds, I still suffer from those types of thoughts sometimes. It is torture...
My anxiety is worse in the morning in general, but it's awful to wake up in total panic like that.

I do think that there are still some politicians that aren't corrupt and have hearts. I think that many of them mean well, but are misguided. I wouldn't know what to do to take care of and please everybody in the country, or keep them safe.

I think the people at the news networks think quite a bit about people with anxiety disorders because they feed off of people's anxiety. I don't think they care one bit about how it really effects them, or people with worse mental health conditions tho.

mymorgy 10-12-2017 07:08 AM

you could say they want to keep us informed so instead of being passive we will write our congressmen and threaten not to vote for them
you can also say that God is testing us