NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   having a hard time -- depressed and anxious (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/15809-hard-time-depressed-anxious.html)

Mari 03-19-2007 06:41 AM

having a hard time -- depressed and anxious

hi,
Depressed and anxious.
Sleep is more disrupted than usual -- which is actually a pretty amazing feat to accomplish http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0068.gif

Last week was hard at work and with sleep and hubby was in a weird mood for the week -- kind of wired and jumpy and irritated and kind of refusing to sleep. I think I was worried about him. (plus he was keeping me awake) He started sleeping again and is back to his sweet self since yesterday.

Now I feel like crap. Cried a bit off and on Sat and Sun.
I am taking the day off work today (and feeling guilty but trying not to). I already took some extra klonopin but it hasn't helped me sleep yet.

Maybe I will read for a while and try to quiet myself. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ex...ve/reading.gif

Making the decision to stay home feels right I think -- that should tell me that I DO need to stay home.

Sorry to ramble.

M.

Nikko 03-19-2007 03:07 PM

Hi,
Sorry you are feeling crappy. I think it was a good idea to take the day off and get some rest.
Having a day all to yourself is good too.

Get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Nikko:hug:

Mari 03-19-2007 04:10 PM

Hi,
I just woke up a little while ago.
I kept waking up and having weird dreams. I think my body was confused. But at least I don't feel weepy anymore.

M.

mymorgy 03-19-2007 06:01 PM

I am glad you are feeling a little better...glad your husband is feeling better too...it is so tough being bipolar...it hit me again hard last night....
take care and I too am glad you took the day off....
Bobby

Mrs. Bear 03-19-2007 07:21 PM

I hope that sleeping helped.

How are you doing?

bizi 03-19-2007 08:32 PM

Oh I really feel for you....
Sounds like you could have used a spare bedroom until your hubby was back to himself.
Good for you for listening to your body and taking the day off.
you needed that.
WE could have been weepy together yesterday....
My girl friend came over and helped me in the garden...it was so good to pull weeds and she lifted my spirit.
Hubby was out of town and I don't do well alone.
I am sorry that you were weepy and hope that you can get some rest before tomorrow.
hugs to you girl friend
((((HUGS))))
bizi:grouphug:

befuddled2 03-20-2007 08:07 AM

Mari, it seems that sometimes sleep will help. I'm glad your hubby sleeping better now. Let us know how you are today? I'm wishing you to feel great.

befuddled2

Pamster 03-20-2007 03:47 PM

Hi Mari, hope you're feeling better today. I know I have trouble sleeping at night sometimes when my hubby is up at all hours. It's just hard to not be distracted and to relax enough to go back to sleep. Do you take anything to help you sleep? :)

Mari 03-20-2007 11:04 PM

Hi, Friends,
Thanks for your concerns and well wishes.
I slept well today -- until 4:00 pm two days in a row now.

I felt well enough that I even went to the gym for 25 minutes this evening.

Tomorrow is work.
I hope I go to sleep/bed early enough to catch some sleep.

Mari

befuddled2 03-21-2007 01:24 AM

Hi Mari,

I'm glad you got some sleep. Do you have to get up early tomorrow for work? I would love a night job I believe but then I wonder if I'd have trouble sleeping afterwards.

befuddled2

Mari 03-21-2007 02:03 AM

Hi Befuddled,
I have to be at work before 1:00 pm. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/office/clock.gif
I am feeling overwhelmed by not too anxious and not depressed.

It's difficult contemplating showering, ironing a shirt, packing a lunch, finding my stuff to bring..all in the am........I'm worried (don't laugh) that my nails are a mess......

I do best on my days off when I completely forget about work. Ok. Maybe not.Maybe I should prepare (HA!!) for work. But that has been my strategy the past two days.

We are supposed to have rain and wind tomorrow.
I need to dress appropriatly. --- this is the kind of stuff I worry about.

I'm thankful I have a job. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/employed/gardener.gif I really really am.

Do you know how many professionals I have seeen and how much money I have spent on treaments and meds and books to sleep since dx in 1988???????????

I would like to be able to sleep during the night.
M.

Mari 03-21-2007 02:06 AM

Hi,
Are we supposed to eat food before we take our meds?

I take Verapamil (mood stabilizer) and Klonopin and birth control pill around noon. I don't feel like eating because I am in a hurry to get to work.

Does it make any difference whether I eat food with my meds?
Do you eat before and then take the meds.
Or take the food and meds at the same time?

How about just drinking water or juice instead? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/edible/burger.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/edible/burger.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/edible/burger.gif
M.

BJ 03-21-2007 06:51 AM

I'm so sorry you're not sleeping well either. Worries will do that. :(

I eat something when I take my meds, even if it's a cracker. Don't know which one because she keeps changing my meds, but one of them makes me nauseous and I feel worse than before.

Mrs. Bear 03-21-2007 09:13 AM

I gave myself an ulcer by not eating or drinking a glass of milk with my naproxin. ouch.

The other meds make me hungry so I eat after. Some meds say not to eat with them and some say they need to be taken with food. If I have one of those, the pharmacy usually shoves a label on them that looks like a hamburger. :rolleyes:

I guess it depends.

But I did learn that it's important to take ibproferin type meds with something in your stomache. The stuff in it that helps with your pain can actually eat away the protective lining in your tummy.

It sounds like you are getting a little better each day. I wish you could sleep too. This has got to be so frustrating for you.

(And I worry about my nails being a mess too. I didn't laugh. :hug: )

Mari 03-21-2007 10:58 AM

Hi,
I'm eating a piece of leftover chicken for breakfast.

Almost no sleep....Went to bed at six am but couldn't sleep for over an hour.
I tried to lie in bed very still without moving ......and breathing easily.... I even say a little manta like "I am peaceful and calm......."
I got some rest but not much sleep. I think that here and there I drifted off to sleep a little. Then I would wake up again.
I was sleeping when the alarm went off so I did sleep a little.

M.

bizi 03-21-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 81573)
Hi

Do you know how many professionals I have seeen and how much money I have spent on treaments and meds and books to sleep since dx in 1988???????????

I would like to be able to sleep during the night.
M.

I jsut have been doing my taxes...I have spent over the amount neccesary for medical reasons...to be able to write off them all on my taxes...
meds, visits with pdoc and tdoc every thing is tax deductible.
wondered if you know that..that is if you itemize I believe. I do my taxex on taxact.com so easy and cheap $15 to file both fed and state electronically. they ask you questions you fill in the blanks.
take care.
bizi

befuddled2 03-21-2007 12:47 PM

Mari,

I'm sorry to hear you got so little sleep. It seems that whenever I take something to help me sleep I feel so hung over the next day that I cannot function. I can relate to the trouble falling asleep and really admire those who have jobs with such problems. You sound like me with the worrying too. I think the Klnopin is the best for me at night with the worrying.

Bizi, I used that same tax service you did. It was rather simple but I plan to do my state myself and save the $15. I am so worried I'll spend too much in one month.

befuddled2

bizi 03-21-2007 09:53 PM

befuddled
I think it is only 15 for both of them...
i will have to check that.
bizi

waves 03-21-2007 10:09 PM

Hi Mari

I hope you get back on a sleepy swing soon.

i don't know the answer about your meds and food. it varies from one med to another. Verapamil i do not know. good question for pdoc. i'm sorry i'm not up for researching for you - it would make me feel guilty about not researching all the other stuff i'm supposed to...lol. but you have been taking V a long time, no? so i would just go with what you've been doing.

the benzo's it doesn't matter food or not.

Depakote / depakene any variety should be taken with food, the more the better.

also all NSAIDs aspirin, ibuprofen, the works, naproxen... all of them... cause gastrointestinal ulceration, some at stomach level, some at gut level. bla bla bla ~ waves ~

Mari 03-22-2007 03:17 AM

Hi,
I looked up Verapamil on the web. The site says with or without food.
I think the b c pill is supposed to be with food. :pizza:
Thanks, Waves, for the benzo info.

I know not to take the nsaids without food. One only has to have one shot of nausea caused by two weeks of mdoc ordered tablets to remember. That was something.

M.

mymorgy 03-22-2007 04:07 AM

I don't know about the medications and food...I take them with and without food..
About sleep..I have a real sleep problem too...I decided finally to ignore it...I think I have been so stressed over it, it has just added to the stress in my life. Now I just factor it in to my overall functioning. If I get only two hours of sleep I don't expect much of myself....I try to avoid being self critical. I know it is a lot lot harder having a job and having to perform. I don't have to worry about that. I just have to make certain that the kitty cats are fed.
Bobby

Mari 03-22-2007 04:53 AM

Dear Bobby,
Your kitty cats are happy cats because they get to have your care and attention.

You are right. I try hard to accept all parts of the bipolar.
Some parts are easier to accept than others.
Do you know how much I am bugged that my once straight teeth are crooked from the grinding/clenching -- even with the nights guards?

Yeah, I will get a grip on myself. I promise.
People were nice to me at work today and I mostly got done what I had to.

Then I came home and wouldn't let myself to go sleep/nap right away. Now I am up. That is wierd and something to work on. I guess I was trying to stay up to wait for the night med time.

M.

mymorgy 03-22-2007 08:10 AM

thank you about the kitty cats...right now I can't find Yuki...
don't try to get a grip on yourself ...don't put any more pressure on yourself..
i am learning not to fight the symptoms....i take naps when my body lets me and I figure nothing except the cats are more important...if you need the sleep I wouldn't worry about the medications and let yourself nap and sleep when you can...
i would try to not let the teeth bug you unless they are painful....have you tried calming music? and not watching or listening to news....just eliminating as much stress as you are able to...
i know that is really difficult when you have a job.....rats...
Bobby