NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Where were you when site was down? (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/374-site.html)

shattered_illusions 09-01-2006 02:11 PM

Where were you when site was down?

Somebody asked me if I knew where any of the members here may have been meeting while the site was down. I didn't know. I remember another time it was down some sites were mentioned. I went to efa and saw a couple of familiar names. Were you meeting anywhere?

hugs

PS Do any of you have Yahoo IM? If so, could I add you to my buddy list in case of the site going down?

Porkette 09-01-2006 05:13 PM

Hi,
I was working but each day I would check and see if the forum was up and running. I checked on the internet, and I even sent John Lester a letter asking him for details about the forum, but he never answered me.
Thanks to Tattoo who sent me an e-mail and gave me the new address for the forum I would still be lost. Tattoo told me she found it through the EFA.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-01-2006 07:55 PM

I was at the site in my sig line.
Its a great site with many helpful members:)

shattered_illusions 09-02-2006 07:48 AM

Sue, I sent John an email asking for an update too, and then there was one. I guess enough had asked for it and he was able to fix something and get one up. I didn't get any notice about this temp. forum, though. Fortunately, someone in the chat room told me. It was a blessing to have the chat room to help cope while the forum was down.

hugs

Jen, you probably don't remember me ,but I remember you. I came in your Yahoo chat once and when I put the link to this forum up in the chat room, you and another chatter called me a trouble maker and ran me out of the room.

I was appalled. You were saying you were there to help those with E, but you didn't want them to have any info other then yours. Now you are here, so I hope you have changed in that respect.

hugs

Is there somewhere that most members went to while this site was down or a way to keep in touch?

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-02-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shattered_illusions (Post 2727)
Sue, I sent John an email asking for an update too, and then there was one. I guess enough had asked for it and he was able to fix something and get one up. I didn't get any notice about this temp. forum, though. Fortunately, someone in the chat room told me. It was a blessing to have the chat room to help cope while the forum was down.

hugs

Jen, you probably don't remember me ,but I remember you. I came in your Yahoo chat once and when I put the link to this forum up in the chat room, you and another chatter called me a trouble maker and ran me out of the room.

I was appalled. You were saying you were there to help those with E, but you didn't want them to have any info other then yours. Now you are here, so I hope you have changed in that respect.

hugs

Is there somewhere that most members went to while this site was down or a way to keep in touch?

Sorry Joy but I do not have a chat roomso you must have me mistaken with someone else.

I have been a member of BT for about 4 years so yes I did come here when I was invited to do so

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-02-2006 10:31 AM

Also want to say that the yahoo chats are all permanant and members can't make up their own chats anymore and its been this way for about a year now so as far as attending MY yahoo chat and placing the link this THIS forum it was not MY chat I do not have or attend yahoo chats seeing they don't have one for Epilepsy

shattered_illusions 09-02-2006 11:16 AM

It was a long time ago when Yahoo had user rooms. I'm not trying to start anything, really.

hugs

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-02-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shattered_illusions (Post 2727)
Jen, you probably don't remember me ,but I remember you. I came in your Yahoo chat once and when I put the link to this forum upin the chat room, you and another chatter called me a trouble maker and ran me out of the room.

hugs

Quote:

It was a long time ago when Yahoo had user rooms. I'm not trying to start anything, really.

hugs
Two years ago when I held yahoo chats this forum wasn't even thought of so again I think you must have mistaken me for someone else...

Hope you have a great day
Hugs

J2636s 09-17-2006 08:01 AM

In one of JL's messages, there was a link to chats. I could never find it. [The old ones I found (I back a while) were rather cliquey and some rude. I was a memeber over 4 years on BT]

HealthForum 09-17-2006 09:23 AM

No need for rudeness we all have health issues at some point in our lives

KTM5665 09-18-2006 06:34 AM

sick or not sick, rudeness doesnt belong anywhere!:D

howdydave 09-18-2006 06:43 PM

I was being a wise old sage on the other message boards that I haunt:
  • Vagus Nerve Stimulator
  • Nasal Snuff
  • European Tobacco
  • Yoga
  • Eastern Philosophy
  • Haiku

lor 09-20-2006 09:00 AM

Yes you were Dave. Many people could count on you for answers :D

howdydave 09-21-2006 10:57 AM

Howdy rainzy!

Are you a snuff-sniffer too? :rolleyes:

How come they didn't listen to me in the "name the baby" contest (on
a different epilepsy board)?

My suggestion was: Pubert Thadius (Pubert T. for short.)

jingle 09-21-2006 12:20 PM

Dave - ;) - your post turned MY name into Groan Ing :p

howdydave 09-21-2006 01:40 PM

Howdy Jingle!

Some of those folks in the UK didn't get it...

One was even on the verge of asking her hubby
what it meant when the light flashed on. (This
was after about a week of thinking about it!)

satman next generation 09-23-2006 05:34 PM

Oh, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to be back. I think I suffered withdrawl symptoms the whole time. I missed everyone here. I've mostly been busy with school.
God Bless....In HIS Service....Dan