NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Sometimes The Holidays Suck (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/229296-sometimes-holidays-suck.html)

FeelinGoofy 11-29-2015 11:32 AM

Sometimes The Holidays Suck

just saying.....:Bawling:

EnglishDave 11-29-2015 12:23 PM

:hug::hug::hug:

Dave.

Wiix 11-29-2015 12:25 PM

Yes they do. :mad:

Wren 11-29-2015 03:23 PM

No kidding

Alffe 11-29-2015 05:41 PM

Those empty chairs....:(

eva5667faliure 12-03-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 1186098)
Those empty chairs....:(

I thaught it was just me
Goofy and many who feel this
Another day maybe
Pray it wasn't always like that
Love
Me

caroline2 12-20-2015 02:43 PM

Some "times" the key I think. At this late date in my life, I am very comfortable doing NOTHING. But going out to dinner at a ethnic restaurant with a gf. She has no family here. For years and years it's been about family and Children. I've loved the holidays for a lot of years...remembering the cookies and milk for santa!!!!!

I have not had a tree in probably 15 yrs and my daughter tells me this is her first year not doing a tree. I say let the trees keep growing in the forests with nature. Another topic.

She is headed for Kauai with her children for a week. When she was 18 I took her to Maui for a week, we departed on christmas day....she is doing this with her children. They are all excited and not missing a tree. All are evolving and changing Minds....

None of us are religious and I'm for sure not into the commercial world of buying, been there, the children have a lot of life ahead of them, they are still into commericalism but I hear some changes....

Peace to all. caroline

dancinglady 12-20-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1189366)
Some "times" the key I think. At this late date in my life, I am very comfortable doing NOTHING. But going out to dinner at a ethnic restaurant with a gf. She has no family here. For years and years it's been about family and Children. I've loved the holidays for a lot of years...remembering the cookies and milk for santa!!!!!

I have not had a tree in probably 15 yrs and my daughter tells me this is her first year not doing a tree. I say let the trees keep growing in the forests with nature. Another topic.

She is headed for Kauai with her children for a week. When she was 18 I took her to Maui for a week, we departed on christmas day....she is doing this with her children. They are all excited and not missing a tree. All are evolving and changing Minds....

None of us are religious and I'm for sure not into the commercial world of buying, been there, the children have a lot of life ahead of them, they are still into commericalism but I hear some changes....

Peace to all. caroline

Sorry to hear your story. Why is your family not taking you to Maui or can you physically not take the trip.

OhKay 12-21-2015 08:01 AM

My s/s attempt was 12/23 last year. I was so gone I wasn't aware of the holidays though.

I'm looking forward to spending a nice, quiet Christmas at home with my husband. The goal is to make it safely to 2016 and beyond.

We stopped putting up a tree a couple of years ago because we have 3 cats. It became a lot more fun for them than it was for us.
10yrs of 3 cats + Christmas tree= too much trouble.

Kay

caroline2 12-21-2015 12:45 PM

dancinglady, my travel days are WAY behind me. The thought of an airport sends me into almost panic..not really but...I have no desire to travel, been to hawaii enough times anyway. No sorrow for me, I'm content. Simple simple lifestyle. I love being in my cozy home....travelled a lot for many years for work and pleasure. C

hippiechick 12-22-2015 10:06 PM

I haven't been on here in a long time. I thought I could hold on a bit longer but I can't. I HATE this season and, after last night, I don't find any reason to stay here. I'll take my chances with what happens after I die. I'm too tired to do this anymore. I can't "pretend" anymore. To T, I will always love you...you're the only one who matters. You could have done a lot better than me. I'm sorry.

Lara 12-22-2015 10:23 PM

Hold on hippiechick. I'm sorry it's feeling so bad.
Can you let us know what's going on. We're listening.

:hug:

OhKay 12-23-2015 07:49 AM

Dear hippiechick,

I realize you posted last night. I hope that you are still safe...
:hug::hug::hug: I'm sorry you're in so much pain :hug::hug::hug:

Know that you can talk here. We're listening. Please let us know you are safe. I will check back periodically today to see if you've posted, so I can respond to you.

Please talk to a friend or family member and let them know how you are feeling. Give your family and friends the opportunity to let you know how much they love you- this may help give you the strength to hold on.

As bad as things may seem, with some intervention and some time, things can get better. If you're seeing a psychiatrist, NP, or therapist please get in touch with them today.

It was exactly a year ago today that I tried to take my own life. I would do anything to take it back. Hurting myself did not take the pain away. It made everything worse. I inflicted irreparable emotional damage upon my family and myself.

If you're having strong suicidal thoughts, and you have a plan and/or written a letter, I urge you to go to the ER. You should be in a safe place.

No matter what is going on in your life right now, it's worth saving. :hug::hug::hug:

Sincerely,

Kay

eva5667faliure 12-23-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiechick (Post 1189722)
I haven't been on here in a long time. I thought I could hold on a bit longer but I can't. I HATE this season and, after last night, I don't find any reason to stay here. I'll take my chances with what happens after I die. I'm too tired to do this anymore. I can't "pretend" anymore. To T, I will always love you...you're the only one who matters. You could have done a lot better than me. I'm sorry.

If ever I understood what you wrote
I want you to know
Everyday I fight to stay alive
Why I don't have the answer to that
My father checked out when I was nineteen
I left a horrific up bringing
Married for all the wrong reasons
Had four children
And am alone since December 30th 1984
Never have I found the need to have a stranger
be in my children's life
A deadbeat father
Lost sight of his infant child and his other babies
Granted I had the strength to let him go with no regrets
It is very lonely at times
My babies are now adults in their early thirties my eldest will
be thirty five as I turn fifty five
Gave up my flight attending career for my life
with my babies

I cannot express to you
It is not what I have to fight for
Why does this brain have to know depression
that manifests in me physically and mentally
Like I just live day to day for what
I don't have the answer to that either
I do not know you
But I know what you want to do
Please put it off just for a bit
As I ask my depression to leave and
come back another time
Just not today
I cannot take this horrible thaught from you
Just let you know I get it
I too fight what you wrote
Every single day since way back when I was a little girl
I have doctors I take no Meds for depression
The trial and error isn't the proble
It is the constant withdrawals I would suffer
My heart would go into arrhythmia blisters in mouth
I just had enough of that
My breast cancer was the icing on the cake
And after removal of both breasts
Talked into implants
Oh but you so young
I should have followed my gut
My reconstruction was botched
I am not about boobs
I just thaught
Men are so visual
What if someone should enter my life for life
Will have to oversee the botched job
This isn't important
The point
It is me I need someone to see
With my ailments my depression
And that will be so hard to find
I don't know about you
If you had the opportunity to love
And be loved in returning was not blessed with such love
My desire to live is getting stronger slower than a snail pace
Please do not give in yet
Please put it off for now
Just for now
Love
Someone who cares

eva5667faliure 12-23-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1189786)
Dear hippiechick,

I realize you posted last night. I hope that you are still safe...
:hug::hug::hug: I'm sorry you're in so much pain :hug::hug::hug:

Know that you can talk here. We're listening. Please let us know you are safe. I will check back periodically today to see if you've posted, so I can respond to you.

Please talk to a friend or family member and let them know how you are feeling. Give your family and friends the opportunity to let you know how much they love you- this may help give you the strength to hold on.

As bad as things may seem, with some intervention and some time, things can get better. If you're seeing a psychiatrist, NP, or therapist please get in touch with them today.

It was exactly a year ago today that I tried to take my own life. I would do anything to take it back. Hurting myself did not take the pain away. It made everything worse. I inflicted irreparable emotional damage upon my family and myself.

If you're having strong suicidal thoughts, and you have a plan and/or written a letter, I urge you to go to the ER. You should be in a safe place.

No matter what is going on in your life right now, it's worth saving. :hug::hug::hug:

Sincerely,

Kay

Hear the cries
We are here
I so concur
Please
Please
Hang on
Lean on
And never let go until you are ready
Love
Me

Wren 12-23-2015 08:21 AM

((( hippiechick ))) hang on -- one great thing about this season is that it's not very long. Please hang on and talk to us.

OhKay 12-23-2015 09:04 AM

You've been through so much Eva :hug:

Stay strong :hug:

eva5667faliure 12-23-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1189800)
You've been through so much Eva :hug:

Stay strong :hug:

We have so much to offer
Thank you for your time
Sharing your experience strength and hope
HOPE FOR US
love
Me

Wren 12-23-2015 12:40 PM

hippiechick --- I sure wish you would come back and tell us how things are going ...:hug:

DMACK 12-23-2015 03:55 PM

Dear friend hipiechick....we have known each other a long time in this cyber world

PLEASE TALK to me..........
Listen to the song below my name ....don't let go dear lady this time will pass. :hug:
David:hug:

eva5667faliure 12-27-2015 09:54 PM

Where are you hippiechick
Wondering if you could stop
by
Just because
Love
Me

Mark56 01-05-2016 01:03 AM

Adding another who, not here much of late, does care. Sending out :hug::grouphug::hug::grouphug::hug::grouphug:

Wren 01-11-2016 09:51 PM

hippiechick? We sure would like to hear from you ~ please