NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   SOS Postcard Exchange (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/47117-sos-postcard-exchange.html)

Curious 06-03-2008 11:29 AM

SOS Postcard Exchange

lets discuss and figure out if we want to do this and how to do it so everyone gets all the addy's.

i am willing to keep track of the addy's if we want to do this. i can pm each person who wants to be included.

please no posting of addresses on the forum. or real names if they don't already use them.

Burntmarshmallow 06-03-2008 11:59 AM

Me first me first. I will p.m you mine and you can pass it along to others that want to send/get a postie card from BMW. I know I want to send and get some from somewhere besides florida. lol.
Okay p.m your way Curious . and thanks for being willing to track the address and your time and ..great idea you! :hug: You just earned yourself 2 bag of dove chocolate candy yummys :cool:.
PEACE
BMW

barbo 06-03-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow (Post 292122)
Me first me first. I will p.m you mine and you can pass it along to others that want to send/get a postie card from BMW. I know I want to send and get some from somewhere besides florida. lol.
Okay p.m your way Curious . and thanks for being willing to track the address and your time and ..great idea you! :hug: You just earned yourself 2 bag of dove chocolate candy yummys :cool:.
PEACE
BMW

I'm interested too. Curious!

Curious 06-03-2008 04:31 PM

just send me your address in a pm barb. i added shelley too. then i'll forward you the list.

:hug:

FeelinGoofy 06-03-2008 08:55 PM

I just gave you mine too Curious!!!! This should be fun...:hug:

watsonsh 06-03-2008 09:01 PM

I'm in even though I am not a contributor to SOS. I just like you guys :D

Curious 06-03-2008 09:19 PM

updated pm sent.

lol..i remembered your last name vicky. :wink:

4 names so far.

barb, don't forget to pm you addy or i can get it from bmw.

tamiloo 06-03-2008 10:14 PM

Oh wow this will be so much fun...count me in:yahoo:...I'll PM you my addy!

Koala77 06-03-2008 11:51 PM

I had posted the following in Wonder #98, and now seeing this thread, I wonder if any-one had read it?

Quote:

I wonder if I can start off the postcard exchange by saying.....please PM your name and full postal address if you'd like a post card from Australia? If you'd like to return the pleasure I'll send you my details by return PM.

Are we going to do this differently to the other post card exchange?

Nik-key 06-04-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 292492)
I had posted the following in Wonder #98, and now seeing this thread, I wonder if any-one had read it?

I'm not sure what the other post card exchange was, but I want in too :hug:

Alffe 06-04-2008 07:29 AM

Me too, me too! And curious you have my address. *grin

Doody 06-04-2008 08:54 AM

Hey Monkey? Do I need to PM you my address or is it stored in your noggin? I'd like to be in on it as well...though I'm just not sure who would give a rat's patoot about an Iowa post card, LOLOL! :D

(You must be extremely organized. Which I am NOT. I'm impressed you've taken on this task!)

Curious 06-04-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

i'm not sure how the ms card exchange was done anne. it looked like each person would have to sned out a bunch of pm's and try and keep track to make sure they didn't miss anyone.

what i am doing is keeping a master list of names. everyone on the list gets everyone's addy.

when someone pm's me their name and addy, i add it to the list and send out 1 group email to all on the list. it's been very easy to keep up with.

added for doody: i'll add you. yup...very organized. :D

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-04-2008 12:09 PM

Me me me!! You can add me!!!

:D

Curious 06-04-2008 10:01 PM

is this working ok for everyone?

getting the lists?

don't worry about rushing to get them sent out or all at once.

they can be any kind of postcard. if you have a program that came with your printer or another graffics program, just make your own on card stock. it will print 4 on 1 peice of paper.

Koala77 06-04-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 293156)
...don't worry about rushing to get them sent out or all at once. .....

Too late Curious!

I already sent DH to the store today for a new supply of postcards. The lady at the souvenier shop where I get all my postcards knows him by name now, and so does the lady at the postal department where he buys my overseas stamps! She even suggested that we start buying them in bulk! :D

My first instalment will be in the post in a few days time. :)

who moi 06-04-2008 10:53 PM

my post card to you all (please click on me) :cool:

:p
;)

Koala77 06-04-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who moi (Post 293199)
.......my post card to you all .....:cool

That's very cute who moi, but me thinks you're taking the easy way out...... :rolleyes: , but that's OK!

Thank you for the nice video. It was very sweet. :)

Here's a nice one back to you.............http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...ode=ZS43976949

who moi 06-04-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

by Koala 77
That's very cute who moi, but me thinks you're taking the easy way out...... , but that's OK!

Thank you for the nice video. It was very sweet.

Here's a nice one back to you.............http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...ode=ZS43976949
LOL, I am cheap (stamp cost) and I am lazy(well, no excuses for that one. LOL)

I used to be a big anime and gaming fan. Still am a big POLICE fan.

that is very beautiful what you've sent, koala! Thank you! I wish I can find beautiful stuff like that but I always end up getting the really silly ones. LOL

Curious 06-06-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 293197)
Too late Curious!

I already sent DH to the store today for a new supply of postcards. The lady at the souvenier shop where I get all my postcards knows him by name now, and so does the lady at the postal department where he buys my overseas stamps! She even suggested that we start buying them in bulk! :D

My first instalment will be in the post in a few days time. :)

just so everyone knows, postage for a card or letter to australia is only 94c.

Koala77 06-06-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 294559)
just so everyone knows, postage for a card or letter to australia is only 94c....:D

94 cents? That's daylight robbery. :mad:

I checked all the postcards I have which I received from the MS forum postcard exchange, and they all had 90 cent stamps on them! :confused:

I assume that postage costs have gone up for both of our countries. My first ones cost me $1:25 from here, now stamps on postcards from Australia to the US cost $1:30. :(

I received a greeting card in a sealed envelope yesterday, and that had 4 stamps on it. They were all bells, but I couldn't find the number of cents written on the stamp They just say USA First Class Forever.

Mine are all addressed and ready to go, so hopefully they'll be in the mail before too much longer.

PS. I do have spares for latecomers. :D

Curious 06-06-2008 08:40 PM

yep. rate went up here again. it's pain. if you had already bought stamps, then you have to go and buy 1c stamps. :rolleyes:

costs them more to print them up.

Burntmarshmallow 06-06-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who moi (Post 293210)
LOL, I am cheap (stamp cost) and I am lazy(well, no excuses for that one. LOL)

I used to be a big anime and gaming fan. Still am a big POLICE fan.

that is very beautiful what you've sent, koala! Thank you! I wish I can find beautiful stuff like that but I always end up getting the really silly ones. LOL

both my teens have played kingdom hearts till they got to end of game and I had to go get 2ed addition of it Kingdom hearts2. My youngest draws anime pics. who moi are you a realitive seems like lately ya mention something and it matches something over my way. hummmm? :confused: :cool:

Wren 06-06-2008 10:01 PM

Please ... pretty please PLEASE

Me too - me too - me too ..... :D

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-07-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 294603)
94 cents? That's daylight robbery. :mad:

I checked all the postcards I have which I received from the MS forum postcard exchange, and they all had 90 cent stamps on them! :confused:

I assume that postage costs have gone up for both of our countries. My first ones cost me $1:25 from here, now stamps on postcards from Australia to the US cost $1:30. :(

I received a greeting card in a sealed envelope yesterday, and that had 4 stamps on it. They were all bells, but I couldn't find the number of cents written on the stamp They just say USA First Class Forever.

Mine are all addressed and ready to go, so hopefully they'll be in the mail before too much longer.

PS. I do have spares for latecomers. :D

Those are the "Forever Stamps." Someone from the post office got this bright idea that if we bought those, we could avoid the postage rate hikes. I don't even remember what I paid for them, but I have a bunch of them!

Curious 06-16-2008 09:34 PM

:bump::bump::bump:

Twinkletoes 06-16-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 292663)
i'm not sure how the ms card exchange was done anne. it looked like each person would have to sned out a bunch of pm's and try and keep track to make sure they didn't miss anyone.

what i am doing is keeping a master list of names. everyone on the list gets everyone's addy.

when someone pm's me their name and addy, i add it to the list and send out 1 group email to all on the list. it's been very easy to keep up with.

added for doody: i'll add you. yup...very organized. :D

Yep, that's what we did, just pm'd everyone who expressed an interest.

You've already got my addy, Curious, so please add me to the list. :)

nohope 06-17-2008 11:37 AM

Just catching up on this. Yes I definitely want in!!! I'll pm curious my address so I can get the master list and I'll go get some Portland Oregon postcards. Let me know what interests each and everyone of you:) Loves

Doody 06-17-2008 11:45 AM

Nohope, just send me Oregon and I'll be happy. Or, send me there. :)

Curious 06-17-2008 11:48 AM

nohope, if you want, include your birthdate too. just month and day. :wink:

Twinkletoes 06-17-2008 11:58 AM

Cool! I got a postie of Texas bluebonnets from someone named Skoobi. Very Curious, indeed. :D

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-17-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doody (Post 303207)
Nohope, just send me Oregon and I'll be happy. Or, send me there. :)

You want all that rain?????

Sorry, I grew up there and that's why I live in Idaho and visit Oregon now!! LOL!

Love the beach tho. I do miss that! ;)

barbo 06-17-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the post card Anne! Your city looks wonderful!

nohope 06-17-2008 08:42 PM

Rain is an understatement:( This is the longest winter I have ever had here. It's June for Godsake and it's a gloomy overcast sky with more rain on the way. Realistically, that leaves us only 2 more months of summer! In 1993 the sun came out only 8 days for the whole summer!!! No wonder why depression and suicide run so high out here. I am still thinking of moving back home to Cali:)

Alffe 06-17-2008 08:51 PM

Do it! Go where the sun almost always shines nohope *grin...and why aren't you on our post card list!!??

Koala77 06-19-2008 01:17 AM

May I ask that those who receive post cards please say that they've arrived and who they've received them from?

It's good to know that a post card has arrived at it's destination, and a word of thanks is always appreciated.

Alffe 06-19-2008 06:36 AM

"And the mail lady delivered a big stack of our held mail and yep! I got 4 post cards! Thank you curious, wren, koala bear, and BMW...sorry I didn't sign your card...did I run out of room? :hug: I'll sign the next one at least twice! :D"

I still only have those four cards and I thank you all again! :grouphug: I sent out some more yesterday...this is fun! ;)

FeelinGoofy 06-19-2008 07:46 AM

I've received one from Curious, Wren, Koala and BMW!!!!! You guys should be getting the ones i sent this week...:o I finally got them in the mail....

Abbie 06-19-2008 03:32 PM

I'll be sending cards out soon...
Didn't make it out today....

Abbie

Curious 06-19-2008 04:21 PM

:eek: i thought i posted.

sorry buddies. :o

*pretty picture of wren :wink:
*autralia's finest from anne
*mimi my new friend, sea shells, plus pictures and fantasy vacation card from bmw
*new york new york :sing: from alffe
*rose rocks from vicky..and no..don't send...we would like to come find some ourselves. :D

:grouphug: thanks bunches and bunches. they look so pretty.