NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   help, someone, anyone to talk too (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/23293-help-talk.html)

steash 07-06-2007 07:43 PM

help, someone, anyone to talk too

thought i would start this thread for all those just searching for people who care.
welcome to a world wide big(cuddle)hug.
steash

Lara 07-06-2007 07:57 PM

Just saying "G'day".
Hope you're OK there?

shiney sue 07-06-2007 09:15 PM

wow

You kinda scared me a little,hugs to you Sue

watsonsh 07-06-2007 10:12 PM

YAY Group Hug. I'm jumping. You can never care too much :grouphug:

DiMarie 07-07-2007 12:29 AM

Welcome and HUGS

:grouphug:
A big ol' huggero back at you!
Dianne

steash 07-07-2007 05:43 PM

sorry sue, didn't mean to scare you. i've searched like that myself at times since i lost my dad in january. thought if anyone else felt that way they might find some friends.

watsonsh 07-07-2007 06:28 PM

Hi Steash,

I am sorry that you lost your dad recently. :hug: Would you like to talk about him? I would love to hear all about him.

I see you are from Scotland...I have always wanted to visit. I am 1/2 scottish. Actually on my Dad's side we are part of the William Wallace clan. I have often thought I would tell Mel Gibson that part of that academy award from Braveheart belongs to me :D

steash 07-07-2007 07:20 PM

thanks for your very kind post shelly, talk about my dad..... he was my hero! but also my villain! i will tell you/all my story later..if i start typing "war and peace" will feel like a short story! big hugs to all. i am so glad i found you.
tc steash

redtail 07-08-2007 04:39 AM

friends indeed

Hey Steash
another Aussie hug :grouphug:
I must say, when I find myself a bit down :( I come here to find alot of people who care, which amazes me, coz none of us have ever met,
thanks all for caring :hug:

shiney sue 07-08-2007 05:29 AM

That's ok S

I 'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. When you get to
the point where you feel like posted,i'll be looking. Untill then
hugs to you :hug: :hug: Sue

sheryljl 10-14-2007 09:59 AM

Quite angry....

Five yrs down the track I didn't think I'd be cross abt anything....but I'm not cross.. I'm angry!
My son is not only missing out on his sons' life, but he's missing out on mine...his sister & her babies.
I miss him: his smell, his touch; his love.
Why does this go on?
No, I don't want to forget him, & I know there is no answer...so why do I ask?

Alffe 10-15-2007 06:44 AM

How well I understand your anger and pain. :mad: :( As mothers we will always ask....we'll always miss them and resent their "choice".)

steash 10-17-2007 03:37 PM

why

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheryljl (Post 157713)
Five yrs down the track I didn't think I'd be cross abt anything....but I'm not cross.. I'm angry!
My son is not only missing out on his sons' life, but he's missing out on mine...his sister & her babies.
I miss him: his smell, his touch; his love.
Why does this go on?
No, I don't want to forget him, & I know there is no answer...so why do I ask?

why do you ask? boy thats a hard one to answer but here goes...

losing someone, anyone, makes us all ask the big question.
strange thing is no matter how long we have suffered or hurt, it's always the one question ..................its just that it has no reply.
i'm nearly a year since i lost my dad and i would love just 5 seconds more....
i could ask alot in that time, but .. will i get an answer?

i'm trying hard, each day i try to see the things i have because of who he was and not regret that he's not here to see it..
but then again try me tomorrow, trust me it will be completely different..
wake me when the sun shines.

tc steash

crytears 10-26-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelley (Post 121287)
Hi Steash,
I see you are from Scotland...I have always wanted to visit. I am 1/2 scottish. Actually on my Dad's side we are part of the William Wallace clan. I have often thought I would tell Mel Gibson that part of that academy award from Braveheart belongs to me :D

Hey...maybe we're related shirtails?
My husbands side were born in:
Hadington Scotland...the Lyal and Young clan were born there.

William Wallace Young begat (Hubbys Pa Grandfather)
Lyall Grant Young begat (Hubbys father)
Lawrence Gauen Young (My hubby)
Lawrence is my hubby...Larry is what he goes by unless he's in trouble!:D
Anyway...Larry spent time in the Navy, Submarine there in Holy Loch.
So...for whatever thats worth...perhaps is a connection up the lines somewhere. The Youngs do have a feirce and nasty temper! Oyeee!:eek:
Hope your day's going great!
I have Ted Williams on my side of family...the Venzor's...not many knew that's Ted W mothers name...my g'fathers cousin!...but that won't even get me a hot-dog at a ball game these days...but is interesting I share some of TW DNA along the line somewhere!
Cheryl