NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I broke down and bought another pair of pants (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/245106-broke-bought-pair-pants.html)

mymorgy 02-15-2017 01:19 PM

I broke down and bought another pair of pants

they were only five dollars including shipping from china but i had told myself yesterday fear would prevent me from buying any more. I got a few compliments at p.t. I didn't buy two i two i wanted

mymorgy 02-16-2017 07:06 AM

i am still bidding :(

OhKay 02-16-2017 07:40 AM

Aww... Bobby. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I wish someone would block you from Ebay's site.

mymorgy 02-16-2017 08:16 AM

how sad.....i am slowing down

mymorgy 02-16-2017 08:21 AM

when i was young i always had a thing for shoes. My mania didn't affet my shopping. it did affect me when i played the stock market which got me into huge trouble

bizi 02-16-2017 10:52 AM

I am sorry....it sounds so addicting. Hard to cope with.
(((((HUGS and LOVE)))))
bizi

Dmom3005 02-16-2017 05:46 PM

I wish some agencies would let people spend a certain amount of money doing something like this for them. I think you could save them some money.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 02-16-2017 06:30 PM

i don;t know if I understand. I think this is masking an incredible sadness. I feel so awful and alone. the spending hides it. if i can;t spend right now i just tunnel into darkness.

bizi 02-16-2017 07:01 PM

((((((HUGS)))))
bizi:hug:

OhKay 02-17-2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1236838)
i don;t know if I understand. I think this is masking an incredible sadness. I feel so awful and alone. the spending hides it. if i can;t spend right now i just tunnel into darkness.

I think that's how a lot of people with eating disorders and spending problems feel. I'm so sorry you feel like that Bobby. I wish things were different :hug::hug::hug:

Mari 02-17-2017 07:38 AM

I am sorry that you are going through this.

M

mymorgy 02-17-2017 08:07 AM

last night i went out and bought a big cupcaake with a lot of frosting. I weight almost two pounds more. It was weird but the korean woman who owns the store and who is never friendly kept on telling me how wonderful I looked. she is never friendly. she is beautiful. at lunch jack told me that he is losing sleep over me and how well i looked
I decided i am going to keep spending and just hope I don;t see anything i want. I saw anothe r crocodile bag but didn't bid on it. I saw a couple of pair of pants but they were over 10 dollars. I have a rule now that they can;;t be over 10 dollars. this wont be solving the problem but at least it is something. I got my money back on another bag and got to keep the bag. It was misrepresented.
I am drinking coffee right now even though i am supposed to fast before the doctors. I just cut mats off of pudge. I was scared i would cut her. off to look at the pants sigh
bobby
thank you
saw two but over 10 dollars

bizi 02-17-2017 09:05 AM

I am glad that you put a limit on your spending. This shows some restraint. which is a start.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

OhKay 02-18-2017 07:24 AM

I agree with Bizi... the spending limit is good. Even in that ballpark is good because if you break your rule, hopefully you're not spending too much more.

I love that you are getting lots of compliments lately, and even have a man losing sleep over you!!! ;)

I hope you enjoyed the cupcake :)

mymorgy 02-18-2017 12:04 PM

i didn't buy two pairs soldtogether , the price was great but i refrained and was happy i showed restraont. i chaanged two passwords aafter finding out i culd use the shift key for capitals, i still ordered a wireless keyboard

mymorgy 02-18-2017 01:30 PM

i just bought a pair of bruno magli flats. i tried to have ceclia buy them. does suede stretch?

OhKay 02-20-2017 08:27 AM

It's possible the suede will stretch. If they're good quality (and I'm sure they are), they probably will.

Good job showing restraint and not buying those pants.

mymorgy 02-20-2017 08:55 AM

thank you. looks like no buying of pants today. I did look. I am getting sick of them. spent some time in bed with abby. she attacked pudge before. poor pudge. I am severely depressed. the lowering of the antidepressants is really uncovering the depression. I go to pt today. then i hope i can read and escape.
I guess I should talk to God about this depression. I have been actively praying to him for Suri and telling Suri to have trust in him. It is not working for me.

bizi 02-20-2017 10:24 AM

yes reading can be a good distraction.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

OhKay 02-21-2017 06:46 AM

Maybe you are coming down since you are less interested in the pants now, and you are getting discouraged by your perceived lack of connection to God (I think just trying is a good thing) :hug::hug::hug:
I think time will tell if this is a temporary dip in your mood or if you have truly switched back to a depressive state. You may want to wait a couple of days and contact your pdoc about a med adjustment again :hug::hug::hug:

My cats fight from time to time. Unfortunately the boys usually pick on Dottie, but they fight with one another, too. They don't get vicious or anything tho. I think it's normal for the occasional run in to happen when you have a household with more than one cat. Plus, Abby is young, and may have been attempting to play.

mymorgy 02-21-2017 07:03 AM

i think the antidepressants have been covering up the mood and the lowering of them have really brought it out. he would afraaid to raise them for fear the mania would get worse. that is how he treated the mania. yesterday i thought all day and night about God and Suri.I also burnt myself on my breast 8n years ago and it left a scar, Of course scaredy cat hasn't had it checked out because i have had it so long and know what caused it. I am okay about determinism and free will and last night figured that if as in Job and other places say if you fear God and stay away from evil you will be okay no matter how much you are tested.
I have had cats since I was 12 but they never cease to amaze me. Abby is especially active abysinian/ I am beginning to develop confidence that Pudge can hold her own. still abby going after her neck upset me.
I am still looking at pants a few times a day :-(

Dmom3005 02-21-2017 10:46 AM

At my house the cats take turns being in charge of the fun of fighting.
One girl and one boy. Usually the boy is more scared of the Chihuahua that has been here for 19 years than the other cat. And he is friends with my new dog Jake. So its interesting.

I really enjoy watching him run from Nipper who is just barking at him.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 02-21-2017 10:57 AM

that is so precious!

OhKay 02-22-2017 08:32 AM

The meds can actually shift moods, not merely cover them up. He did what most pdocs would do.

I'm glad that you are still so amazed by your cats. So am I. Sometimes I look at them with wonder... God made these fascinating little creatures.

mymorgy 02-22-2017 08:44 AM

oh yes. the other night abby slept with me and today pudge let me hold her for a while.m going to the cardiologist now

mymorgy 02-25-2017 04:43 AM

i bid on another pair of pants. pudge slept with me all night

OhKay 02-25-2017 07:48 AM

I love it when my kitties sleep with me :)

mymorgy 03-07-2017 08:04 AM

i bid on another one

Dmom3005 03-07-2017 06:24 PM

I'm wondering sometimes if bidding is the fun for you.

Try setting a limit to how much your going to go up.

Donna :grouphug:

mymorgy 03-07-2017 06:54 PM

oh yes I do that. I prefer when they set a price and i can buy it on the spot.