NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Prayers for my Mom (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/41862-prayers-mom.html)

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-22-2008 05:19 PM

Prayers for my Mom

My mom has been sick for quite some time and she is back in the hospital again. This time with double pneumonia. She is 90 - 91 in May. She has COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis and high blood pressure....I guess at her age, that's not too bad.

Anyway, she was admitted to the hospital on Friday with double pneumonia and she's pretty sick this time. She has also edema in both legs. Not sure what is causing that, but probably complications from the pneumonia and sitting in her chair and not keeping her legs elevated as she's supposed to do.

She's on IV antibiotics - avelox, and probably a couple of other meds to decrease the fluid in her lungs and treat the edema. She's been on 4 litres of oxygen for about 2 years.

My sister is keeping me posted on her progress and I will call her daily for updates. She lives just outside Tulsa so it's not an easy trip for me. I was just down there right after Christmas and this is the 2nd time she's been in the hospital since then.

Also keep my sister on your prayer list too as she is the one who has to take care of my mom. No one else is there to help her. My brother refuses to help when Mom gets sick. Mom should have been admitted to the hospital earlier this week, but my brother wouldn't return her phone calls while my sister was out of town. :( Family...sometimes you just want to smack 'em.

Curious 03-22-2008 05:21 PM

:hug: sending lots of prayers cheryl.

watsonsh 03-22-2008 05:29 PM

Lots of hugs and prayers on the way. :hug::hug::hug:

Kitty 03-22-2008 05:34 PM

:hug: Cheryl :hug:

I'm saying lots of prayers for your Mom, your sister and you. I know what it's like to care for an elderly parent - not an easy job at all. I hope she gets stronger each day and that you can find a way to pay a visit soon.

Kelly

soxmom 03-22-2008 07:11 PM

Prayers on the way Cheryl. It must be hard to be so far away.:(
Wishing you peace.:hug:

Sox

Chemar 03-22-2008 08:22 PM

((((((((Cheryl, mom & sister)))))))))

I do pray she will be well cared for and make a good recovery.

praying too that your sister will be able to rest up some now, and that the bro will have an attitude makeover!!

:grouphug:

AfterMyNap 03-22-2008 09:26 PM

I'm on it, FG, please keep us posted. ><>

Darlene 03-23-2008 12:14 AM

Cheryl,

Your mother and sister are in my prayers. You especially are in my prayers, unable to right there with them. God be with you all.

:hug:

southie 03-23-2008 06:27 AM

Prayers prevailing and in total agreement!

FinLady 03-23-2008 08:39 AM

:hug: add my prayers for you, your mom, and your sis.

Abbie 03-23-2008 09:37 AM

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...andsblue-1.jpg

Your Mom, you and your entire family are in my prayers...
Abbie

SandyC 03-23-2008 11:11 AM

Cheryl, your mom, sister and the whole family are in my prayers. Please let us know how things are going when you get a chance.

AfterMyNap 03-23-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasaki (Post 242904)

*tearing up*

Oh, Abb, that is so sweet.;):D;)

Taffy 03-23-2008 12:41 PM

You know that I will be thinking of you and your family! Stay strong!:hug:

ewizabeth 03-23-2008 06:04 PM

I'll say a prayer for your Mom and all your family Cheryl. It's extra hard when you can't be there. Take care of yourself sweetie. :hug:

DM 03-23-2008 06:12 PM

I'll definitely keep Mom, your Sis and YOU in my prayers, Cheryl.

Keep us posted, OK? And, please take care of yourself.

You know your TH bud is thinking of ya.

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...n8701lz84v.gif

Corkybird 03-23-2008 06:17 PM

OO Cheryl, I'm so so sorry to hear of your mom being in the hosp. Pneumonia is a tough one for ANYbody, but double pneumonia for someone of your mothers age? wow. I shall keep you in my prayers, as well as your sister and your Mom. Hope they can pump some antibiotics into her that will get her feeling better soon,

Marilyn

Burntmarshmallow 03-24-2008 07:42 AM

Cheryl, I pray your Mom is doing and feeling better. At that age it is soo hard to over come most illness... pneumonia gosh. May God send her the strength and comfort to do just that ... keep fighting and recover. and too you and your sister to be strong and continue the help and loving attenion and care you give, to your Mom and to eachother also. :grouphug:
Peace
BMW

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-24-2008 01:30 PM

I talked to my mom and my sister yesterday. Mom didn't sound good at all and sis went in to see her and she didn't look very good. Her regular doc is supposed to see her sometime today so hopefully we'll get an update on her status.

Her BP was pretty high and she was in a lot of pain and having a lot of problems breathing. The weekend doc changed her BP meds, no reason given as she's been doing just fine on the one she has been on for quite some time...do not understand why he would change something that's been working...if it ain't broke :confused:

Anyway, I guess I will know more tonight when my sister calls.

Thanks everyone. :hug:

Chemar 03-24-2008 03:39 PM

so sorry to hear your mom is still not doing well Cheryl

I do hope and pray things will turn around for her..........and yes, what an odd thing for the doc to do to change her med when she isnt well:confused:

my husband has had a lot of health hiccups on different blood pressure meds too

hoping the regular docs manage to stabilize things for her
(((((((((Cheryl & Mom))))))))))

whispers 03-24-2008 05:09 PM

Prayers Coming Your Way !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 242483)
My mom has been sick for quite some time and she is back in the hospital again. This time with double pneumonia. She is 90 - 91 in May. She has COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis and high blood pressure....I guess at her age, that's not too bad.

Anyway, she was admitted to the hospital on Friday with double pneumonia and she's pretty sick this time. She has also edema in both legs. Not sure what is causing that, but probably complications from the pneumonia and sitting in her chair and not keeping her legs elevated as she's supposed to do.

She's on IV antibiotics - avelox, and probably a couple of other meds to decrease the fluid in her lungs and treat the edema. She's been on 4 litres of oxygen for about 2 years.

My sister is keeping me posted on her progress and I will call her daily for updates. She lives just outside Tulsa so it's not an easy trip for me. I was just down there right after Christmas and this is the 2nd time she's been in the hospital since then.

Also keep my sister on your prayer list too as she is the one who has to take care of my mom. No one else is there to help her. My brother refuses to help when Mom gets sick. Mom should have been admitted to the hospital earlier this week, but my brother wouldn't return her phone calls while my sister was out of town. :( Family...sometimes you just want to smack 'em.

I am going to pray for your mom who is indeed very sick. I will pray for your sister and I will pray for you. It is not easy to be far away; you feel you are not doing this or that. Try to relax and say prayers full of love in your heart. Prayers know no distance. Love has wings. It is too bad that your sister has no help from your brother.

Yeah...I know what you mean. Sometimes family can be so discouraging and those who do nothing sometimes are the worst critics. Been there; don't like it. It is better just to pray instead of worrying. God bless your mama and God bless you. I am 'onathirdjourney' One of these days I will get it right...:winky:

Lasgo 03-24-2008 07:34 PM

Prayers for you, your mom and sis cheryl :grouphug:

Twinkletoes 03-25-2008 02:30 AM

How long has it taken you to finally get well? And now your dear Mom falls ill? That's too bad. :(

Sending prayers your way. Hope your Mom recovers quickly.

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-25-2008 06:25 PM

Thanks Ro...I am still not feeling all that good...but I am minor compared to my mom.

They sent her home from the hospital today. I talked to my sister for about 45 minutes and she cannot figure out why. The Respitorary therapist says she is worse today than when she came in. Maybe her medicare has a cap on how long she can stay in the hospital...who knows.

Anyway, she has a boatload of meds, her regular doc put her back on the BP med she was on, and added 3 more meds to what she was already on.

She has home healthcare checking on her everyday now instead of 3 times a week.

And my brother is being Mr. King Butthead...and his wife just added fuel to the fire ... so all in all, I think my sister is ready to shoot both of them. One good thing about mom being home is that neither one of them will go to where she lives. They don't like it there! ;)

So, I will talk to her tomorrow after she's gotten some more rest.

This is the part that is really sad...maybe, my mom and my brother don't know I have MS. My sister does and she understands what I am going through right now with my health issues. She works in the medical field and knows that I can only do so much. There are reasons why I haven't told the rest of the family, but I am so close to telling my stupid brother to get him off his be-hind and help. I am not even sure it would help...so I keep it to myself. It would probably just upset Mom even more if she found out...so there's really no point in making it an issue.

I hope she gets better at home...and I hope my sister can find out why they sent her home from the hospital. 3 days there with no improvement make no sense to me..but hey, that's Oklahoma! :(

DM 03-26-2008 09:12 AM

Oh Cheryl~ So sorry to hear that your Mother is still not doing well. I can't offer much help other than to just keep her in my prayers.

I'm saying an extra one for you too. I know you have had a rough yr too!

take care of yourself.:hug:

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...a06e9uygwy.gif

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-27-2008 01:40 PM

I just talked to my sister. We are setting up hospice for my mom. She is not doing well at all. I will probably fly down there next week to help my sister and deal with my idiotic brother.

If you see a big dark plume in the vicinity of Tulsa...no need to worry...:p

Thanks for all your support and prayers. I really need them now. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my dad's death and it is weighing heavily on me and my mom...

KathyM 03-27-2008 01:53 PM

((Av8rgirl))

Have a safe trip. You and your mom are in my prayers.

AfterMyNap 03-27-2008 03:07 PM

Stay strong, many prayers are going up for your family.:grouphug:

ewizabeth 03-27-2008 04:53 PM

Keeping you all in my prayers Cheryl. :hug:

Jodylee 03-27-2008 06:31 PM

Cheryl, I'm so sorry about your mom :hug::hug:. I didn't see this until today. I know what you're going through. My mom has been admitted to the hospital and released 3 times in the past month. She shouldn't have been released the first time.

My brother is pretty much useless too :rolleyes:. Thank goodness for my sister in law (I never thought I would say that) and my baby sister. My brother can't cope with any type of illness and my dad is having a really hard time dealing with all of the meds, dx, etc. It is so difficult living so far away from my mom.:(

I'm praying for you, your mom and the rest of your family. :hug::hug:

DM 03-27-2008 06:40 PM

Hey FG~ Just wanted you to know that I am still thinking of ya and keeping your Mom, Sis and you in my prayers. Please take care of yourself too, the stress of all this will be hard on you. Hospice is a wonderful organization and they were truely angels to us when both of my parents needed them.

Keep us posted, ok??

Take care dear friend...:hug::hug::hug::hug:

SandyC 03-27-2008 06:47 PM

Cheryl, I am sorry about what's going on. Hospice is a wonderful organization for sure. My uncle had them and they were like family.

Do what's in your heart with mom and let the rest fall where it may. You try to take care of you as well OK? We'll be praying.

Chemar 03-27-2008 08:37 PM

(((((((((((Cheryl)))))))))

I am so sorry to read this.

I pray your mom will be able to rest and spend precious time with you and other family

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-30-2008 09:57 PM

Thanks everyone. I talked to her today and she's stable right now. My sister spent most of yesterday and today with her.

She knows that I am flying down next Sunday to spend a few days with her and that we are setting up Hospice.

Next week is going to be tough on all of us. We just need some strength.

Abbie 03-30-2008 10:17 PM

Continued Prayers for you, your mom, and your entire family Cheryl....http://www.mothering.com/discussions...es/praying.gif

Abbie

watsonsh 03-30-2008 10:55 PM

((((((((((((Cheryl))))))))))))

Sending more hugs and prayers your mom, you and your family.

greta 03-31-2008 08:24 AM

Hey C-
I just saw this. I'm so sorry your mom has taken a turn for the worse. I know your sister will really appreciate you making the trip. Take good care of you and your family will be in my prayers.

DM 03-31-2008 04:37 PM

Hi Cheryl! You know I've been where you are now, and it's tough. Just make sure you take care of YOU, too. Tell your Mom we are all praying for her.

Like Greta said, I'm sure your Sis will be glad to see you.

take care bud!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

SallyC 04-01-2008 12:34 PM

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now. I am so remiss in leaving my MS comfort zone.:rolleyes:

I pray for you, everyday, anyway, so I feel sure that the Good Lord relayed some of that to your Mother.

I hope all turns out well for All of You.
((((((((Cheryl, Mother, Sister, and even Brother and silly SIL))))))))

Love

Sally

Girlie Girl 04-01-2008 01:37 PM

(((((FG)))))

sending you and your family hugs and strength. At least you have them for support during this stressful time. Make sure to listen to your body and take care of yourself too. Don't forget!