NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   OMG, I was just approved! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/147411-omg-approved.html)

bunz50 03-26-2011 12:50 PM

OMG, I was just approved!

I am in AWE! I received a call from CPP-Disability office about 40 mins ago, this Brigette girl says she is from the medical review office and has approved me for full disabilty benefits. She said I will receive a letter of entitlement in about 2 weeks with all the details and my first payment will come in about 2 months. I am so overwhelmed I'm shaking! Who would of thought the government worked on Saturdays, YAHOO!

Indian Spirit 03-27-2011 06:37 PM

Way to Go!!! Huge feat!

I'm crew btw however WAY 2 GO!!!

Congratulations bunz :yahoo: for YOU!!!

Now is it worth the wait???

Greatest Luck for you, Crew

Cblue 03-27-2011 06:40 PM

Congrats! Best of luck to you!!!!

finz 03-27-2011 11:58 PM

That's great news Bunz !

bunz50 03-28-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crew (Post 756825)
I'm crew btw however WAY 2 GO!!!

Congratulations bunz :yahoo: for YOU!!!

Now is it worth the wait???

Greatest Luck for you, Crew

Hello Crew and thank-you very much, actually is was not that long of a wait, I applied in Dec/2010! But yes well worth it!
Bunz

bunz50 03-28-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 756896)
That's great news Bunz !

Thank-you finz!

bunz50 03-28-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cblue (Post 756828)
Congrats! Best of luck to you!!!!

Thank-you Cblue!

Shellback 03-28-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunz50 (Post 756727)
I am in AWE! I received a call from CPP-Disability office about 40 mins ago, this Brigette girl says she is from the medical review office and has approved me for full disabilty benefits. She said I will receive a letter of entitlement in about 2 weeks with all the details and my first payment will come in about 2 months. I am so overwhelmed I'm shaking! Who would of thought the government worked on Saturdays, YAHOO!

Congrats! I know how great it feels to know you finally get that approval.

finz 03-28-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunz50 (Post 757027)
Hello Crew and thank-you very much, actually is was not that long of a wait, I applied in Dec/2010! But yes well worth it!
Bunz

lol....now you have a great arguement for why Canada > US !

I know that a few are approved quickly here, but it seems like most cases take years. We've discussed before how similar my medical history/issues are to your's......took me 3 years.

How does Canada deal with the amount that you get in relation to your previous salary ? Is this an amount that you could live on ? I'm planning on divorcing when my boys graduate high school and I will be kind of screwed financially then. I will hopefully be able to make it by moving to an area with a much lower cost of living, but that will be a long distance from all of my family who live close by now.

bunz50 03-29-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 757211)

lol....now you have a great arguement for why Canada > US !

I know that a few are approved quickly here, but it seems like most cases take years. We've discussed before how similar my medical history/issues are to your's......took me 3 years.

How does Canada deal with the amount that you get in relation to your previous salary ? Is this an amount that you could live on ? I'm planning on divorcing when my boys graduate high school and I will be kind of screwed financially then. I will hopefully be able to make it by moving to an area with a much lower cost of living, but that will be a long distance from all of my family who live close by now.

Hello Finz, Lol yeah Canada! I remember reading your response to my post still cannot believe it took you 3 yrs(ugh)and I was approved so quickly, I have friends who waited 1-3yrs as well, I told that gal I thought everyone was denied first, she stated don't believe everything u hear,

Regarding the money, I paid into long term disability thur my employer, the ins company now pays me 66.6% of my wages, but should disability pay me less that what I am receiving now, my ins company pays the difference so I will never make less money. It would be tough to make it on my own without some type of assistance. I am very grateful for the man in my life, he has been wonderful(helps me a lot and never complains).
Finz I'm sorry u will be divorcing! (I was a single mom and raised 2 children)the best advise I can give you is start stashing cash away now! I do not know the age of your children, but had I known ahead of time my husband was a cheater I would have banked money like crazy(without his knowledge)! Finz you should not have to go too far from your family, will you not go for some kind of support/allimony payment? I wish you all the best, there is nothing worse than being unhappy in life! hugs Bunz

don1956 03-29-2011 11:57 AM

god bless :D

oldhen53 03-29-2011 10:26 PM

YEAH for you!!! I know the releif you must feel

finz 03-30-2011 12:30 AM

Thanks Bunz !

We're doing the ol' stay together for the kids plan, so we wouldn't waste all of our cash on a custody war (because hubby feels I would obviously be an unfit mother because I take narcotics and an antidepressant.....grrrr.....don't get me started !)

It's not like there is a war zone at home, no cheating....minimal fighting.....we just don't talk, live like roomies. When I'm 85, I want to be sitting on on my front porch (or a hammock, or on a towel at the beach) holding the hand of someone who loves me....and unfortunately hubby doesn't fit into that picture.

My boys are 16 and 15, so we are close to the finish line. I know I would probably get some spousal support, but hubby will also be retiring soon and there are only so many pieces of the pie. I really hate the prospect of feeling like a leech. I always made decent money, and worked extra shifts if I had extra expenses. I don't want to be dependent on someone who resents me. It ties in so much with chronis pain issues....and hating to have to ask for help.

Meh, okay....pity party is over :winky: I had an emotional day.....'graduating' to longer acting pain meds and had to have my 75yo dad drive me to my doctor's appointment.

Sigh....I really miss my old life !

Back to the thread topic......When I was still collecting WC, I got 66% of my pay, but didn't have to pay taxes on it. Do you get a tax break too ? I know you guys get killed on taxes even more than us !

Jimking 03-30-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 757542)
Thanks Bunz !

We're doing the ol' stay together for the kids plan, so we wouldn't waste all of our cash on a custody war (because hubby feels I would obviously be an unfit mother because I take narcotics and an antidepressant.....grrrr.....don't get me started !)

It's not like there is a war zone at home, no cheating....minimal fighting.....we just don't talk, live like roomies. When I'm 85, I want to be sitting on on my front porch (or a hammock, or on a towel at the beach) holding the hand of someone who loves me....and unfortunately hubby doesn't fit into that picture.

My boys are 16 and 15, so we are close to the finish line. I know I would probably get some spousal support, but hubby will also be retiring soon and there are only so many pieces of the pie. I really hate the prospect of feeling like a leech. I always made decent money, and worked extra shifts if I had extra expenses. I don't want to be dependent on someone who resents me. It ties in so much with chronis pain issues....and hating to have to ask for help.

Meh, okay....pity party is over :winky: I had an emotional day.....'graduating' to longer acting pain meds and had to have my 75yo dad drive me to my doctor's appointment.

Back to the thread topic......When I was still collecting WC, I got 66% of my pay, but didn't have to pay taxes on it. Do you get a tax break too ? I know you guys get killed on taxes even more than us !

It totally amazes me how some folks have difficulty placing themselves into the shoes of others, especially those in severe agony. My wife has RSD, has 8 brothers and sisters who have nothing now to do with her. I've known them all for over 30 years and to this day I still can't get my mind around the fact that because Suzy is chronically ill they have a bad attitude about it. Totally baffled. :confused:

lissabla39 03-31-2011 08:26 AM

CONGRATS!! I know it is a LONG HARD road waiting. I Finally got approved this month after almost 3yrs!!! I know it was a huge relief just to get approved!!
Good luck!:hug:

bunz50 04-04-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 757542)
Thanks Bunz !

Morning Finz, I wish you all the happiness in the world! I hope you find that perfect man whom will love you with all his heart and grow old with you(matching rockers lol!) By the way you said you made decent money and I assumed you contributed to your marriage so I would not feel like a leech and take the support that you are entitled to and if he resents you too bad, that is his problem not yours. I understand totally about missing the old life and asking for help, but when you find that wonderful man he really won't mind! (sry I did not reply earlier, my Dr changed my pain med, hate trying new drugs, ever heard of hydromorphone?)
Regarding the tax issue, I collect LTD right now that is tax free, but once I start collecting CPP-Disability that money is taxable, I should receive my letter of entitlement this week and that should tell me what kind of taxes I will have to pay, and yes we do get killed on taxes big time. Take care
Bunz

bunz50 04-04-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissabla39 (Post 757856)
CONGRATS!! I know it is a LONG HARD road waiting. I Finally got approved this month after almost 3yrs!!! I know it was a huge relief just to get approved!!
Good luck!:hug:

Thank-you and Congratulations to you as well!
Take care Bunz